Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
U.S. Army in process of correcting huge wrong doing......

Army sends letter to troops dismissed for refusing COVID vaccine amid military's recruitment woes

U.S. Army notifies former soldiers separated for refusing COVID-19 vaccine they can request corrections of their discharge records

The U.S. Army sent a letter to former service members dismissed for refusing the COVID-19 vaccine, informing them they can request corrections of their discharge records, as the military branch reportedly struggles with recruitment three years after the onset of the pandemic. 

The letter, which gained traction on social media, was addressed to former service members and notified of "new Army guidance regarding the correction of military records for former members of the Army following the rescission of the COVID-19 vaccination requirement." 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/army-sends-le...tment-woes
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They could change it from dishonorable/other than honorable to honorable discharge and that would be good enough for me. I wouldn't go back though. Nope.

If their recruiting numbers weren't so low they wouldn't even consider this and everyone affected should consider this.

(11-21-2023, 02:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: They could change it from dishonorable/other than honorable to honorable discharge and that would be good enough for me. I wouldn't go back though. Nope.

If their recruiting numbers weren't so low they wouldn't even consider this and everyone affected should consider this.

Exactly. Uncle Sam is now on an [BLEEP] kissing campaign because they have no choice. Double my salary is what I would tell them. Then I'll come back.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-21-2023, 02:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 02:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: They could change it from dishonorable/other than honorable to honorable discharge and that would be good enough for me. I wouldn't go back though. Nope.

Exactly. Uncle Sam is now on an [BLEEP] kissing campaign because they have no choice. Double my salary is what I would tell them. Then I'll come back.

I wouldn't even come back for that unless I was desperate. I wouldn't want to be the soldier known as "the one who wouldn't comply". In a culture that is bent on discipline and uniformity being a rebel isn't welcome. At least it wasn't in my time.

(11-21-2023, 02:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

(11-22-2023, 10:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 02:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Exactly. Uncle Sam is now on an [BLEEP] kissing campaign because they have no choice. Double my salary is what I would tell them. Then I'll come back.

I wouldn't even come back for that unless I was desperate. I wouldn't want to be the soldier known as "the one who wouldn't comply". In a culture that is bent on discipline and uniformity being a rebel isn't welcome. At least it wasn't in my time.
Unless they were giving back-pay, accruing service for time missed, implementing automatic promotions, and ensuring it never happened again or they fully provide all retirement benefits and make up any salary differences as if you weren't being discharged, then I don't see anyone joining.

Here's the thing about this, they still haven't changed anything and aren't admitting they did anything wrong. Basically nothing has changed but 1 key point. I don't think the president can force someone with a dishonorable discharge into active duty.

So unless you were close to 20 years or planned on it, need the benefits to survive, or want to go back, then it may not make sense to change anything.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!