Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 12 & Thanksgiving games

Not sure what the Bears plan on doing with their front office and coaching staff next year, but, I think if they blow it all up again and try and start from scratch with yet another new coach or QB, they're dooming themselves for another five years.

Fields has potential. I would take those two picks in the draft and add Marvin Harrison Jr. and Brock Bowers to the offense and go from there. Figure out the defense. Figure out a way to use Kmet with Bowers and Harrison Jr. with Moore and give Fields a chance.

I wouldn't take a risk with Caleb Williams. I know people in the media are hyping the hell out of him but he's been pretty lack luster in big games and they've fallen off a cliff two years in a row now with him as their QB. Plus all the other red flag stuff about wanting stock in the team that drafts him and the waterworks on the sideline post loss?

No thanks. He won't survive in Chicago. If Fields fails in 2024? Replace him in 2025. Would be a hell of a lot nicer for a new QB though to come in with Kmet, Bowers, Harrison Jr. and Moore to work with though. Just my two cents.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2023, 11:56 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Fields is just meh

read that as meth and uh, well, I need coffee

Is an 8-9 team gonna end up winning the NFC south?

(11-28-2023, 09:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure what the Bears plan on doing with their front office and coaching staff next year, but, I think if they blow it all up again and try and start from scratch with yet another new coach or QB, they're dooming themselves for another five years.

Fields has potential. I would take those two picks in the draft and add Marvin Harrison Jr. and Brock Bowers to the offense and go from there. Figure out the defense. Figure out a way to use Kmet with Bowers and Harrison Jr. with Moore and give Fields a chance.

I wouldn't take a risk with Caleb Williams. I know people in the media are hyping the hell out of him but he's been pretty lack luster in big games and they've fallen off a cliff two years in a row now with him as their QB. Plus all the other red flag stuff about wanting stock in the team that drafts him and the waterworks on the sideline post loss?

No thanks. He won't survive in Chicago. If Fields fails in 2024? Replace him in 2025. Would be a hell of a lot nicer for a new QB though to come in with Kmet, Bowers, Harrison Jr. and Moore to work with though. Just my two cents.

Great plan. They would be a decent offense with a couple more weapons.
Harrison, Moore and Bowers would be tough on defenses. .
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-28-2023, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is an 8-9 team gonna end up winning the NFC south?

If they do and we go on a run, I hope they make it all the way to the SB Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2023, 09:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 09:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure what the Bears plan on doing with their front office and coaching staff next year, but, I think if they blow it all up again and try and start from scratch with yet another new coach or QB, they're dooming themselves for another five years.

Great plan. They would be a decent offense with a couple more weapons.
Harrison, Moore and Bowers would be tough on defenses. .

I think they should consider it. Otherwise you could end up like Arizona. Stuck in this short cycle of new QB / new HC hell. Fields probably needs a better offensive mind in the room with him, although, he's played relatively decent at times this year. Being able to stretch the field with two more dynamic players out there with Moore and Kmet already established just seems like a no brainer to me. 

Investing one of those top picks on another QB, in really, at least in my opinion, a class that doesn't really have a safe, surefire bet? I just wouldn't waste anytime overthinking it in 2024. 

You take the hall of famer's son that clearly has big time play making ability from clearly one of the best schools in the country that have been producing quality WR after quality WR, and, you take Brock Bowers, another dynamic receiving threat at TE that's now bailed out two different QB's with his ability on the field. 

Just seems like a great offense on paper already to pair those two kids up with Moore and Kmet. So many things you can do at any point on the football field there IMO.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-28-2023, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is an 8-9 team gonna end up winning the NFC south?

Is Wayne Brady... ah never mind.