Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South 2023

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2023, 04:26 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Don't look now, but the division predicted to be the weakest in the AFC has the 2nd best cumulative record in the AFC thru week 12.  AFC East is 4th, AFC West is 3rd, and AFC North is first by 7 games over the South.  While I didn't figure us to be last, I'm suprized by 2nd.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It’s not that surprising by this point in the season. Tinhorns and clots were expected to both be dumpster fires but they’re outperforming. This division has potential to be very competitive for quite a few years.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think the clots are interesting. I know they're invested in Richardson there with the future but it's hard to deny what Minshew has been doing for them. They might be better off keeping him or trying to trade him off somewhere for a pick or two.

Richardson concerns me going forward. I wouldn't sleep on him going into 2024. The little bit of action he had this year wasn't impressive but it also wasn't as bad as some people thought with him being limited as a starter in college. He has the potential to either be Trey Lance 2.0m (due to injuries), or, he could very well end up being another Lamar Jackson type problem.

I feel like CJ Stroud is quickly turning into another Patrick Mahomes with his moving around in the backfield, shifting the pocket, scrambling, buying time, etc. Very, very tough division moving forward. Should not be taken lightly and honestly? I am glad it's competitive.

Just gives our team or whoever wins the division yearly the clout that they deserve instead of getting lambasted with [BLEEP] labels every time a play off race heats up. I think the narratives moving forward, including for Lawrence, it will be something along the lines of "AFC South shaping out to be what the AFC West was once promised".

Everybody was high on Herbert and Mahomes in the AFC West. Herbert has fallen off a bit because his coaching staff sucks but he's not able to keep pace with Mahomes 9 times out of 10 anyway in the division. Lawrence & Stroud > Mahomes & Herbert.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2023, 12:52 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Don't look now, but the division predicted to be the weakest in the AFC has the 2nd best cumulative record in the AFC thru week 12.  AFC East is 4th, AFC West is 3rd, and AFC North is first by 7 games over the South.  While I didn't figure us to be last, I'm suprized by 2nd.

AFCN is the surprise, honestly.

I figured PIT would be poop, and CLE has Watson, so I was hopeful that they would be a dumpster river fire

Rookie QBs and rookie coaches make for unpredictability. I'm more surprised that Indy is faring well, especially considering Richardson's early exit to the season than I am with HOU.

It doesn't matter, the division is ours now.

[Image: austin-powers-dr-evil-villain-laugh-gif-4414340.gif]

Just watched Minshew put a dagger through the hearts of the tacks. I always enjoy seeing the tacks lose. It’s too bad for Indy that Minshew doesn’t have a better arm because he’s got everything else.

Houston won a squeaker but I don’t want to hear their fans complaining about calls any more. We may be facing them in the playoffs come January.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Aside from our game which shouldn't have been that close, Texans keep magically pulling out victories at the end. They're due for a loss or two down the stretch.

With their win against the broncos that officially gives us the tiebreaker over them now.

(12-03-2023, 05:46 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Aside from our game which shouldn't have been that close, Texans keep magically pulling out victories at the end. They're due for a loss or two down the stretch.

With their win against the broncos that officially gives us the tiebreaker over them now.

Jags can't tie,my dad told me if  jags tie with anyone in the division they lose the divison. he wouldn't even let me expalin tie-breakers.  if Jags tie with anyone in the division they lose.  all the presure is on Jacksonville to in. Can't afford to tie in division we wil llose the division then if we tie.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 08:56 PM by nejagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-03-2023, 07:51 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 05:46 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Aside from our game which shouldn't have been that close, Texans keep magically pulling out victories at the end. They're due for a loss or two down the stretch.

Jags can't tie,my dad told me if  jags tie with anyone in the division they lose the divison. he wouldn't even let me expalin tie-breakers.  if Jags tie with anyone in the division they lose.  all the presure is on Jacksonville to in. Can't afford to tie in division we wil llose the division then if we tie.

Ties are very rare..... doubtful that happens...just win and it ours.... regardless were in the playoffs unless something drastically happens

(12-03-2023, 07:51 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:

Go play with the playoff machine at ESPN.  I went through a lot of scenarios (maybe not all) where the Jags and tinhorns end with the same record and the Jags win the division via tiebreaker in all of the ones I did.  We have the tie breaker against the clots by virtue of sweeping them.  It sounds like you either misunderstood what he said or perhaps your dad doesn't know what he't talking about.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

its more that he won't give me a chance to  explain what happens when teams tie with same record in division.

Heard one of the talking heads yesterday comment that 
the AFC South was a weak division as usual.  Rolleyes
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-04-2023, 01:39 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Heard one of the talking heads yesterday comment that 

At this point would anyone be shocked if 3 teams make it to the playoffs?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-08-2023, 03:58 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:39 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Heard one of the talking heads yesterday comment that 

At this point would anyone be shocked if 3 teams make it to the playoffs?

There's a good chance it plays out that way.  Mia said on the radio around lunch time today that she thinks the Bills are gonna get in.  I was playing around with the ESPN playoff machine earlier and really the only way I see Buffalo getting in is if they win out.  AFC teams need to more than likely get to 11 wins to secure a spot in my opinion.  There might be multiple teams that wind up at 10-7 but realistically only one of them that gets in.  If Buffalo loses another game the best they can hope for is 10-7 and they pretty much lose the tie breaker to anyone else who happens to wind up 10-7, so I disagree with her.  I don't see Buffalo winning out and as such I don't see them making the playoffs which is good news because I think they'd be more dangerous in the playoffs than the clots or tinhorns or anyone else for that matter.  

Assuming we hold on to the AFCS division title, that leaves the clots, tinhorns, broncos, steelers and browns fighting for the 3 wild card spots with the clots and tinhorns having the inside track.

We picked a bad time to start another losing streak. Dolphins just lost to the Tacks.

It would really be discouraging if the Titans and Jags roles are reversed this year. We were 4 and 8 at this time last year just as the Tacks were before tonites win. We all know the rest of the story. And who do we play on the road this year in the season finale? You guessed it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2023, 07:40 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

What the jags did last season was incredibly amazing and nearly impossible. I’m not too worried about the titans although they get credit for not giving up and tanking. The jags will be fine.

Hopefully, I’m more worried about the Texans and colts. lol

Tacks are eliminated from the playoffs i believe

(12-12-2023, 07:27 AM)Jag88 Wrote: What the jags did last season was incredibly amazing and nearly impossible. I’m not too worried about the titans although they get credit for not giving up and tanking. The jags will be fine.

unforttantly  thats gonna happen this season because of the curse. Jags won't win another game.   since @bradonperonas'  wheel landed on jags  that days of bengals game jags are winless. 0-2 plus players have been getting injuryed. 

to make things worse now,i'll have to go  watch the tittians game live with friends who are tittians fans.  the pastor that founded the church we go to got us tickets to that game for Christmas.  unforttantly by that time we will be on a 5 game loseing streak. the stupied curse.

(12-15-2023, 08:44 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 07:27 AM)Jag88 Wrote: What the jags did last season was incredibly amazing and nearly impossible. I’m not too worried about the titans although they get credit for not giving up and tanking. The jags will be fine.

unforttantly  thats gonna happen this season because of the curse. Jags won't win another game.   since @bradonperonas'  wheel landed on jags  that days of bengals game jags are winless. 0-2 plus players have been getting injuryed. 

to make things worse now,i'll have to go  watch the tittians game live with friends who are tittians fans.  the pastor that founded the church we go to got us tickets to that game for Christmas.  unforttantly by that time we will be on a 5 game loseing streak. the stupied curse.

You can really be irritating with this doom and gloom.  And you go back and forth like a ping pong ball.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]