Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
United Nations set to call on Americans to reduce meat consumption

The U.N. is the most useless thing ever created in both the known, and unknown universe. Their entire reason for anything they "DO" is to get total control of the sheeple in the world and to rip-off the American taxpayers so they can give our dollars to some [BLEEP] dictator out there....... Get the U.S.A. OUT of the U.N.!!!!!!

United Nations set to call on Americans to reduce meat consumption

'World needs American farmers and ranchers more than the UN,' GOP chairman of the House Agriculture Committee tells Fox News Digital

A lead United Nations agency overseeing food and agriculture policy is expected to issue a road map in the coming weeks which will call on the West, including America, to dramatically reduce its meat consumption.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/united-...onsumption
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good thing the rich have been busy building cricket farms...

https://twitter.com/Sassafrass_84/status...2prGA&s=19

Nummy Nummy!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 11:49 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 5 times in total.)

Oh ma gawd!  It's the one world government they bin talkin about! 

Seriously, though, they can take my cheeseburger from my cold dead hands.  Ain't happening.

Did you know, the US Agriculture Department says Americans eat 50 BILLION cheeseburgers a year?  God, do I love cheeseburgers.

(11-28-2023, 09:36 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Good thing the rich have been busy building cricket farms...

"The rich" are eating prime beef.  The really rich are eating Wagyu beef.  

Not crickets.

(11-28-2023, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 09:36 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Good thing the rich have been busy building cricket farms...

Not crickets.

No [BLEEP], Marty.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 01:01 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-28-2023, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Not crickets.

He means for them to force onto us, not onto themselves. They already quietly passed lab grown meat into circulation with the FDA back in June or July I believe. 

I can't wait for Soylent Green to become a reality at some point. In about 5 - 10 years from now, from the UN:

"Due to increased temperatures, longer droughts, shortage of crops and over population, we're now recommending that your dead be processed in the old horse glue factories we've refurbished as human processing plants, your dead loved ones will now be turned into a nice, pasty bar that can be consumed and passed on through you as a renewable resource".

That might sound crazy, because it is, but, it's just around the corner. Can't wait for chic fil a to cash in on this. "Eat more humans" with a cow and chicken pointing at you, the consumer. FANTASTIC.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Meh

The UN issues all kinds of guidelines - it is unlikely any broad sweeping changes would be actually implemented by US federal law - but eventually they will have to do something as more & more deniers finally realize (as it is too late) that global warming is not a hoax

The livestock and meat processing industry is a climate crisis contributor that could make positive change for our future well being

Carl Sagan describes it very simply and eloquently here

https://twitter.com/carlsagandotcom/stat...6077911041

(11-28-2023, 01:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meh

The UN issues all kinds of guidelines - it is unlikely any broad sweeping changes would be actually implemented by US federal law - but eventually they will have to do something as more & more deniers finally realize (as it is too late) that global warming is not a hoax

The livestock and meat processing industry is a climate crisis contributor that could make positive change for our future well being

All very true. 

Especially the look on Al Gore’s face as he realizes he can make millions from scamming this.

Ah good old fashioned global cooling... I mean warming... I mean climate change. Look, it's undeniable that humans contribute to climate change in SOME capacity. I still think the single biggest contributor is roofs and concrete, but, yeah, let's kill the cows first and see how that goes, I guess.

(11-28-2023, 03:05 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

Ah good old fashioned global cooling... I mean warming... I mean climate change. Look, it's undeniable that humans contribute to climate change in SOME capacity. I still think the single biggest contributor is roofs and concrete, but, yeah, let's kill the cows first and see how that goes, I guess.

Killing the cows is actually the problem they are trying to address
Tongue
In all seriousness - the methane situation is an actual problem in the grand scheme of greenhouse effect and the meat industry is the largest culprit. 

I don't go many meals without consuming raised livestock of some sort - but it sure wouldn't hurt anyone's health to consume more sustainable seafood or mix in a veg-based meal from time to time. Doesn't have to be some bio-engineered substitute. Just something more sustainable on the dinner table 10% of the time would make a BIG difference in the methane production from the meat industry.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 03:46 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-28-2023, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: "The rich" are eating prime beef.  The really rich are eating Wagyu beef.  

Not crickets.

He means for them to force onto us, not onto themselves. They already quietly passed lab grown meat into circulation with the FDA back in June or July I believe. 

I can't wait for Soylent Green to become a reality at some point. In about 5 - 10 years from now, from the UN:

"Due to increased temperatures, longer droughts, shortage of crops and over population, we're now recommending that your dead be processed in the old horse glue factories we've refurbished as human processing plants, your dead loved ones will now be turned into a nice, pasty bar that can be consumed and passed on through you as a renewable resource".

That might sound crazy, because it is, but, it's just around the corner. Can't wait for chic fil a to cash in on this. "Eat more humans" with a cow and chicken pointing at you, the consumer. FANTASTIC.

The movie "Eating Raoul" is ever closer to becoming a reality.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-28-2023, 03:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 03:05 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ah good old fashioned global cooling... I mean warming... I mean climate change. Look, it's undeniable that humans contribute to climate change in SOME capacity. I still think the single biggest contributor is roofs and concrete, but, yeah, let's kill the cows first and see how that goes, I guess.

Killing the cows is actually the problem they are trying to address
Tongue
In all seriousness - the methane situation is an actual problem in the grand scheme of greenhouse effect and the meat industry is the largest culprit. 

I don't go many meals without consuming raised livestock of some sort - but it sure wouldn't hurt anyone's health to consume more sustainable seafood or mix in a veg-based meal from time to time. Doesn't have to be some bio-engineered substitute. Just something more sustainable on the dinner table 10% of the time would make a BIG difference in the methane production from the meat industry.

I hear this argument from time to time. Our oceans are just as polluted as the air we breath and it's also subject to the climate change cycle. With radiation and nuclear waste lingering in it there's nothing really all that safe to eat. Moderation is always key. Regardless of diet or lifestyle. 

The biggest issue we have on this planet is wastefulness. I think that's something that gets lost in all of this. A lot of consumers buying a bunch of [BLEEP] that they don't end up consuming and it just goes to waste and therefore, it's a waste of time for the manufacture's to keep it pumping. 

Even if we all decided to stop eating meat tomorrow though, what do you think happens to the land, soil and water supply? You now need just as much care, resources and consumption to maintain that as well as worrying about the pesticides and the Monsanto aspect of that challenge with GMO's, etc.

We're really not winning in either situation. I have cut back on meat consumption personally for two reasons. 

1. It's expensive
2. Don't feel like cooking it every day of the week. 

Sometimes a frozen bag of gnocchi from trader joe's with a mixed in bag of frozen vegetables is fine. If you need protein? Add some beans or drink a protein shake. I find Whey Protein and Black Eyed Peas right now being the best "bang for your buck" with cost to protein ratio wise. 

But, man, I sure do like buying my giant packs of steaks at Costco still. At least once every three months I'll give into temptation.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-28-2023, 03:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He means for them to force onto us, not onto themselves. They already quietly passed lab grown meat into circulation with the FDA back in June or July I believe. 

The movie "Eating Raoul" is ever closer to becoming a reality.

Depending on which side of the argument with climate change you're on. It could be "Eating Raoul" or "Snowpiercer".

(11-28-2023, 04:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 03:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Killing the cows is actually the problem they are trying to address
Tongue

I hear this argument from time to time. Our oceans are just as polluted as the air we breath and it's also subject to the climate change cycle. With radiation and nuclear waste lingering in it there's nothing really all that safe to eat. Moderation is always key. Regardless of diet or lifestyle. 

The biggest issue we have on this planet is wastefulness. I think that's something that gets lost in all of this. A lot of consumers buying a bunch of [BLEEP] that they don't end up consuming and it just goes to waste and therefore, it's a waste of time for the manufacture's to keep it pumping. 

Even if we all decided to stop eating meat tomorrow though, what do you think happens to the land, soil and water supply? You now need just as much care, resources and consumption to maintain that as well as worrying about the pesticides and the Monsanto aspect of that challenge with GMO's, etc.

We're really not winning in either situation. I have cut back on meat consumption personally for two reasons. 

1. It's expensive
2. Don't feel like cooking it every day of the week. 

Sometimes a frozen bag of gnocchi from trader joe's with a mixed in bag of frozen vegetables is fine. If you need protein? Add some beans or drink a protein shake. I find Whey Protein and Black Eyed Peas right now being the best "bang for your buck" with cost to protein ratio wise. 

But, man, I sure do like buying my giant packs of steaks at Costco still. At least once every three months I'll give into temptation.

All of the other problems you listed are real and deserve as much attention as greenhouse effect emissions from meat production/processing. 

Regarding the Oceanic issues - I mentioned sustainability in seafood consumption intentionally there. There are many efforts well implemented already that are finding safe and sustainable ways to produce fish and shellfish through both fresh water and salt water aquaculture. 

Like many products there are quality farmed seafood products and lesser quality versions out there - but you can definitely find affordable sustainable seafood if you track it down.  I try to buy locally harvested, in season seafood twice a month in my little effort to contribute to a good diet and sustainability. If Mayport shrimp or on sale, I'm all in. If the Mahi, Cobia, or Snapper are running offshore and plentiful in N.FL - I'm picking up a couple pounds at the market while it's $2 per pound cheaper.  
When that isn't an option -10 minutes of research can tell you which brands of farmed salmon provide proper nutrients as well a fair price. 

Did you know that the yellowtail you order at the sushi joint is a Japanese farm raised fish? I get that yellowtail jalapeño roll all the time. Love it. 

These are the little decisions that can make a difference in the over abundant production of beef and poultry if they were commonly made across the populace. And you end up healthier in the long run. 

I'm still gonna have a steak night once every 3 weeks or so, and I won't turn down a proper burger every now and then. I just mix in plenty of other choices and end up better for it anyway.