Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
10th Annual TWITAFCS Week 13

Happy Wednesday, folks!

We're well into the downhill portion of the regular season. Starting to see the contenders separate from the pretenders. Same goes for the TWITAFCS, several pickers are cruising, others having a rough go, and a scattering of folks hanging around .500 - is there time left to make a run to compete for this year's crown? Time will tell. Let's look at this week's slate:

indynoplace @ tacks: Taylor is out while he repairs his hand, and this is quite an underwhelming affair between middling teams. The tacks don't look like they've given up on the season, but I think Mayfield and the clots have enough in their tank to steal a win on the road.

broncs @ tinhorns: If not for a late sack, and a backup kicker, and a bouncy crossbar, tinhorns barely missed a shot to sweep the division leading Jags. I don't think anyone foresaw the rebirth that Payton has fostered in Denver. This one may end up a shootout, and I have this sneaky feeling that whoever has the ball at the end of the game is going to take the W. Good luck on this one, folks.

bungles @ DUVAL: The last time we played the bungles in a weekday game, our coach ended up in scandal. What a difference a couple of years makes! The bungles are facing an uphill battle to stay in the postseason hunt without their starting QB. The team in teal is looking like they are hitting their stride after an embarrassing loss a few weeks ago. The energy will be overwhelming, let's hope the boys put on a show now that they have a national stage.

Last week I went 2-1 and sit at 20-17. Really need a perfect week to get back in the mix at the top.

indy 23 tacks 14: A few blunders by Levis give the horseshoes opportunities to score on short fields. Minshew continues to do just enough to win.

broncs 31 tinhorns 30: Ryans made a few blunder calls last week that proved his rookieness as an HC. Payton will have him running in circles trying to figure things out. Wilson and Stroud combine to throw for at least 600 yards.

DUVAL 27 cincy 17: Just don't look beyond this game and all should go well. We should be able to contain Mixon and force Browning to try and beat us. At that point, we feast.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 09:34 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 2 times in total.)

I will do my best  to put  standings here for this years pick em in afc south.   Heres what i found for overall records ,and im going from  week 12s post.

overall records

snowwolf                                  22-10

Jags or die                                25-12

NYC4jags                                  21-16

jagibelieave                             22-15

Mikey                                     20-17

Khan artists                           25--12

Handsome rob                         18-15

I am yoda                              18-18

unf nashvillen                          15-19

So i beliave this is how things stand at this time for the standiings   

in first  place we have snowwolf at  22-10  wait im in first!!!- please note i looked back ,and the week i missed a game we were only team playing from afc south. 

in seconed place  we  have   a tie at 25-12 between khan artists ,and jags or die

in 3rd place at   22-15 we have jagsibelieave

in forth place we have    nyc4jags at  21-16

in 5th is Miikey  at 20-17

I am yoda is at 500 with a 18-18 overall record.  that would put him next to last place.  

last place at this time belongs to  unf nashvillen with a record of  15-19

iI will give my picks for later this week. i hope i did good, and everyone is pleased.  if i missed your overall record please post it here ,and ll  add you.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-29-2023, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote: Happy Wednesday, folks!

We're well into the downhill portion of the regular season. Starting to see the contenders separate from the pretenders. Same goes for the TWITAFCS, several pickers are cruising, others having a rough go, and a scattering of folks hanging around .500 - is there time left to make a run to compete for this year's crown? Time will tell. Let's look at this week's slate:

indynoplace @ tacks: Taylor is out while he repairs his hand, and this is quite an underwhelming affair between middling teams. The tacks don't look like they've given up on the season, but I think Mayfield and the clots have enough in their tank to steal a win on the road.

broncs @ tinhorns: If not for a late sack, and a backup kicker, and a bouncy crossbar, tinhorns barely missed a shot to sweep the division leading Jags. I don't think anyone foresaw the rebirth that Payton has fostered in Denver. This one may end up a shootout, and I have this sneaky feeling that whoever has the ball at the end of the game is going to take the W. Good luck on this one, folks.

bungles @ DUVAL: The last time we played the bungles in a weekday game, our coach ended up in scandal. What a difference a couple of years makes! The bungles are facing an uphill battle to stay in the postseason hunt without their starting QB. The team in teal is looking like they are hitting their stride after an embarrassing loss a few weeks ago. The energy will be overwhelming, let's hope the boys put on a show now that they have a national stage.

Last week I went 2-1 and sit at 20-17. Really need a perfect week to get back in the mix at the top.

indy 23 tacks 14: A few blunders by Levis give the horseshoes opportunities to score on short fields. Minshew continues to do just enough to win.

broncs 31 tinhorns 30: Ryans made a few blunder calls last week that proved his rookieness as an HC. Payton will have him running in circles trying to figure things out. Wilson and Stroud combine to throw for at least 600 yards.

DUVAL 27 cincy 17: Just don't look beyond this game and all should go well. We should be able to contain Mixon and force Browning to try and beat us. At that point, we feast.

18-18 overall

Clots
Tinhorns
Jags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-29-2023, 11:07 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I will do my best  to put  standings here for this years pick em in afc south.   Heres what i found for overall records ,and im going from  week 12s post.

overall records

in first  place we have snowwolf at  22-10  wait im in first!!!- please note i missed picking a week. 

in seconed place  we  have   a tie at 25-12 between khan artists ,and jags or die

I am yoda is at 500 with a 18-18 overall record.  that would put him next to last place.  

iI will give my picks for later this week. i hope i did good, and everyone is pleased.

Wolf,

Not that it matters much, but these contests have never calculated positional standings based upon percentages.  It's always been done based upon the number of correct picks.  In other words, someone who went 40-25 will finish higher than someone who went 28-2.  Missing a week shouldn't hurt you that much, as other past winners have missed weeks and still won because they had the most correct picks.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

19-18 and finally got over the .500 mark.

colts

tinhorns

Jaguars
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 03:19 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Indynoplace, lol
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 04:23 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

ok im 22-10 overall 

texans

tittians

Jags

(11-29-2023, 01:23 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 11:07 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I will do my best  to put  standings here for this years pick em in afc south.   Heres what i found for overall records ,and im going from  week 12s post.

overall records

in first  place we have snowwolf at  22-10  wait im in first!!!- please note i missed picking a week. 

iI will give my picks for later this week. i hope i did good, and everyone is pleased.

Wolf,

Not that it matters much, but these contests have never calculated positional standings based upon percentages.  It's always been done based upon the number of correct picks.  In other words, someone who went 40-25 will finish higher than someone who went 28-2.  Missing a week shouldn't hurt you that much, as other past winners have missed weeks and still won because they had the most correct picks.

thank you for that information. i found out i really only missed 1 game cause we were only team to play that week. we played the saints,also i was trying to help out with the  stndings,and whos in  first place,and all. i belieave Jagsorde asked me too.

25-12 coming in and hoping we can keep that energy for the rest of the season.

Indy over Ten--Colts are pushing for a playoff spot and the tacks are a dumpster fire. Give me the Fighting Minshews.

Broncos over tinhorns--Broncos are surging and really hitting their groove. I see it as a close win for the donkeys.

Jags over Cincy--Cincy still has a strong roster, but a leaky OL and a backup QB spell trouble vs our front that's figuring it out. Jags by a lot.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 08:17 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 1 time in total.)

Clots
Texans
Jags

18-15 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

15-19 overall

Colts over Titans
Jaguars over Bengals
Broncos over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

21-16
colts
texans
JAGS

Overall I'm 19-18 and looking forward to the Jags making a strong push for the top seed this time of year. Here are my picks this week:

Jags over Bengals - Burrow-less Bengals makes this easier although I would have loved to seen Burrow playing in this game but it is what it is.

Colts over Titans - It's the Tittians and the Colts are playing for the playoffs.

Broncos over Texans - I think the texans take a slide here it was a deflating loss to the Jags and they don't recover in a week.

Been a struggle to stay above .500 for me all year.  Sad

Colts over Titans
Texans over Broncos
Jaguars over Bengals

Last Week:  1-2
Overall:  18-19
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

22-15

Colts
Broncos
Jaguars

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

15-20 entering the week.

I'll take the titans, texans, and bengals.

Overall: 25-12

Jags
Colts
Broncos

1-2  this week.   drops me to  23-12 overall

(11-30-2023, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 21-16
colts
texans
JAGS

23-17

1-2, 21-19 on the year.

oof.

(11-29-2023, 11:14 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote: Happy Wednesday, folks!

18-18 overall

Clots
Tinhorns
Jags

2-1 this week.
20-19 overall.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!