Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pot Roast Released

Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton was just released by the Pats.  As a rotational guy for the missing Miller, I would love to see him back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Really doubt he comes back. Never got the feeling he liked Jaxsonville much after that whole eye incident.

Quote:Really doubt he comes back. Never got the feeling he liked Jaxsonville much after that whole eye incident.

I read he wanted to play for JDR again after we chose not to re-sign him. That followed his demotion by Mike Muarkey, which I suspected was related to the eye incident. Am I wrong about this?

Quote:Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton was just released by the Pats.  As a rotational guy for the missing Miller, I would love to see him back.

He has certainly had a distinguished career since leaving Jax...

I always thought he was just a guy. What's this, his 4th team to run him off in 4 or 5 years? Coming up on his 5th? I lost count. There were quite a few people around here who went so far as to call him elite and wanted Dave's head for not paying him. Not a bad player, but I highly doubt he's coming back here. Someone who loses a nose tackle will give him a call to plug the run, then he'll be on to the next one in 2017.

Quote:I always thought he was just a guy. What's this, his 4th team to run him off in 4 or 5 years? Coming up on his 5th? I lost count. There were quite a few people around here who went so far as to call him elite and wanted Dave's head for not paying him. Not a bad player, but I highly doubt he's coming back here. Someone who loses a nose tackle will give him a call to plug the run, then he'll be on to the next one in 2017.

He left Jacksonville, Denver, and Washington as a free agent. Only the Patriots cut him.

Yeah...nope.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 06:36 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:He left Jacksonville, Denver, and Washington as a free agent. Only the Patriots cut him.

I didnt say they cut him. It was telling enough when JDR, who supposedly loved the guy, didn't bring him to Oakland when they both left Denver. Those teams didn't cut him but none of them wanted any part of resigning him either. Reminds of a poor mans Sam Adams who spent 14 years in the league, his first 4 or 5 with Seattle, then pretty much 1 year deals after that until he retired.

Quote:I didnt say they cut him. It was telling enough when JDR, who supposedly loved the guy, didn't bring him to Oakland when they both left Denver. Those teams didn't cut him but none of them wanted any part of resigning him either. Reminds of a poor mans Sam Adams who spent 14 years in the league, his first 4 or 5 with Seattle, then pretty much 1 year deals after that until he retired.

Reggie McKenzie is responsible for all player contract decisions. He wanted to underpay Terrance Knighton.

Quote:Reggie McKenzie is responsible for all player contract decisions. He wanted to underpay Terrance Knighton.

Funny you bring that up. He wanted 8 mil per year from your Broncos, didn't get it, got offered a contract for 6 mil per year from Oakland, but said it wasn't enough money, and ended up taking a 1 year 4 million dollar "prove it" deal in Washington. Well, he didn't prove it, and then got another 1 year, 4 million dollar "prove it" deal with the patriots*. Now that the patriots* have cut him, I'm curious to see where his next prove it deal will be now that he's 30. I hope he saved some money.

Quote:He has certainly had a distinguished career since leaving Jax...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lnisyxm4Jc

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Funny you bring that up. He wanted 8 mil per year from your Broncos, didn't get it, got offered a contract for 6 mil per year from Oakland, but said it wasn't enough money, and ended up taking a 1 year 4 million dollar "prove it" deal in Washington. Well, he didn't prove it, and then got another 1 year, 4 million dollar "prove it" deal with the patriots*. Now that the patriots* have cut him, I'm curious to see where his next prove it deal will be now that he's 30. I hope he saved some money.

I have no idea why all that happened. His complaint about Oakland's contract offer was he felt they undervalued him. After the Redskins decided not to give him a new contract, Pot Roast said he wanted to stay in Denver.

Quote:I have no idea why all that happened. His complaint about Oakland's contract offer was he felt they undervalued him. After the Redskins decided not to give him a new contract, Pot Roast said he wanted to stay in Denver.

How did that work out for him?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Strange. He really isn't a bad player IMO. I think he is def a good rotational player.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

He was funny in the Firestone commercial.

Quote:He was funny in the Firestone commercial.
Sign him just for that. Give him Malik Jackson money! We could use the fame to gather more fans!

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

He wasnt a bad player & I wouldnt hate it if he came back as a rotational guy but I doubt thatll ever happen.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 04:13 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:How did that work out for him?

He was a very important player on Denver's defensive line and made some memorable plays. One of his best plays was sacking Tom Brady in the playoffs.

Quote:Reggie McKenzie is responsible for all player contract decisions. He wanted to underpay Terrance Knighton.

I remember hearing an interview with Pot Roast on SiriusXM NFL Network after he was brought into Washington and he said then that he would have loved to continue playing for JDR but was surprised that they didn't really pursue him.  I guess that could mean they made a very low ball offer, but I got the sense from the interview that they didn't contact his agent at all.

Quote:I remember hearing an interview with Pot Roast on SiriusXM NFL Network after he was brought into Washington and he said then that he would have loved to continue playing for JDR but was surprised that they didn't really pursue him.  I guess that could mean they made a very low ball offer, but I got the sense from the interview that they didn't contact his agent at all.

JDR was the reason he chose Denver after the Jaguars chose not to re-sign him.