Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Cleveland talk/ gameplan

(12-07-2023, 03:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Some of you REALLY overrate Rourke. Yeah he had some nice plays in preseason but to think he's going to just stroll out and light if up....y'all crazy!

If Lawrence plays will be a huge factor. I expect a response from the D and Washington impressed me on Monday. We were in a good spot on Monday even with the D playing so poor but the Lawrence injury just rocked the whole stadium and that missed FG was huge. I think the team will be angry they let that one slip away and come back strong Sunday.
I've been saying this since the preseason.

If he actually was better than CJB, he would be QB2 on the depth chart.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-07-2023, 04:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 03:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Some of you REALLY overrate Rourke. Yeah he had some nice plays in preseason but to think he's going to just stroll out and light if up....y'all crazy!

If Lawrence plays will be a huge factor. I expect a response from the D and Washington impressed me on Monday. We were in a good spot on Monday even with the D playing so poor but the Lawrence injury just rocked the whole stadium and that missed FG was huge. I think the team will be angry they let that one slip away and come back strong Sunday.

You have and your exactly right. I know people like to think CJB is only #2 because Lawrence likes him but that's not the reason. I get it with Rourke, everyone loves an underdog and that guy no-one had heard off and makes a few plays but it's preseason, playing against the 3's. 

The coaches see them every day and if Rourke was better, he'd be the #2. It's that simple.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2023, 04:36 PM by RicoTx.)

Can you show me somebody that said that?  Being better than Beathard isn't 'lighting it up'.

I disagree.  Even Pederson hinted that it was because of his relationship with Lawrence.

(12-07-2023, 04:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 04:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I've been saying this since the preseason.

You have and your exactly right. I know people like to think CJB is only #2 because Lawrence likes him but that's not the reason. I get it with Rourke, everyone loves an underdog and that guy no-one had heard off and makes a few plays but it's preseason, playing against the 3's. 

The coaches see them every day and if Rourke was better, he'd be the #2. It's that simple.

So you're saying that if Rourke was was slightly better than Beathard that his relationship wouldn't be taken into account?  We'll just have to agree to disagree.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Dang, Beathard on the injury report as well.

There were likely some posters on the Bengals message board telling other posters before the Jags game that they were over rating Browning

(12-07-2023, 05:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dang, Beathard on the injury report as well.

Damn it might be Rourke's trial by fire

No one is better than CJB  Banana

(12-07-2023, 06:06 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 05:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dang, Beathard on the injury report as well.

Damn it might be Rourke's trial by fire

CJ has said he’s fine. He’ll be ready if need be
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-06-2023, 12:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Does it really matter if we get in as the 3 or 4 seat vs the 5 or 6 seat. You still have to play the same number of games. I'd rather sit Trevor even if means we take two losses and have him back at full strength to close out the last three games and start the postseason.

If he comes back to early and it gets worse then the season is over. You can't have CJ going into the playoffs

The only problem is there is no gimme games in the NFL. I’m all for not risking further injury so we can have Trev for years to come but there’s no guarantee we win those final few games to make the playoffs.

With the Texans and Colts breathing down our necks, we gotta stack wins now.

A win this Sunday would be monumental and our playoff hopes go through the roof.

(12-07-2023, 07:14 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 06:06 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Damn it might be Rourke's trial by fire

CJ has said he’s fine. He’ll be ready if need be
He already hurt himself. What do you think will happen against a top defense?

The Jags should be giving Rourke all the reps in practice as he needs to be active and ready to play with the other 2 QBs already injured.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 04:19 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

This should be a defensive struggle type game.. at least that is what the scouting report should say. We play pretty well on the road, the defense is coming off its worst game of the season (arguably). Cleveland has a top defense. It would look pretty ugly, but this should be a winnable game. Should look like the game at Pittsburgh, teal pants and all. I would say let Lawrence rest even if he's up to playing. We need our best foot forward next week against Baltimore.

(12-07-2023, 01:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 01:03 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: THIS!

our D made browning look like joe Montana out there  Wallbash

DTR is a true rookie though. Browning has been in the NFL for quite some time, has spent time on two, three different teams, practice squads, etc. 

That doesn't mean DTR isn't as competent or capable, but, he doesn't have the same weapons on offense that Browning has. Njoku can be a headache in the receiving game from the TE position but Chase and Higgins are a lot tougher to defend Vs. anything the Browns throw at them this Sunday.

I think Amari Cooper is also hobbled, so if he plays, he won't be at his best more than likely. We have a chance to win this Sunday. With or without Lawrence. Just have to figure out a way to attack their defense. 

It's the best in the NFL. You have to find some area of weakness and specifically attack it over and over again in hopes of chipping away at a blockade that eventually opens up the dam and allows everybody else to flood in offensively. 

Even the best defenses in the NFL can have a letdown or two. The 49ers included. I recall Burrow and the Bengals having their way with them in San Franciso not too long ago.

I'd like to introduce you to our defensive gameplan.

We don't lock people down or smother offenses; we bend, play our happy zone and hope that we get lucky with a penalty, blown block or bad pass to stall a drive. We sat back on our heels for 70 mins Monday and watched an inexperienced QB march his team up and down the field at will.

I ain't about to take for granted that DTR or Peej (who have both shown capability in their reserve duty this season) aren't above doing the same if we employ the same passive approach. I don't think DTR will put up superhuman numbers; but dang if I ain't worried that the braintrust deems giving him the chance to beat us as an acceptable risk.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 11:17 AM by Mikey.)

(12-07-2023, 02:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: And he's going to go OFF

I'll take surviving with no injury or bad mistakes.

(12-07-2023, 02:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Ezra Cleveland was spotted getting some work in at LT today I believe as well. Potentially looking at:

Cleveland
Shatley
Fortner
Scherff
Harrison

Interesting line-up. Cleveland said he wanted an opportunity to show he can play tackle. Well, it's here, make the most of it son.

Pass the Tums, please.

I think the point of calling him up was to have a backup for CJB. I don't think many of us were planning to have TLaw available unless it was a dire emergency (Read: CJB starts, gets hurt, Rourke comes in and gets broken too)

(12-07-2023, 03:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 02:49 PM)jagshype Wrote: looks good
as long as everything is structurally sound, the medical will approve

theyll manage inflammation and pain

Next question for me would be how much mobility is there and at what length will the staff go to keep it stabilized and hinder that mobility

I'll die laughing on my couch if they run some trick play that has a direct snap go to Etienne and Trevor runs a route out wide and catches a pass.

Please pass the Tums again. Last ones didn't take.

(12-08-2023, 03:42 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: This should be a defensive struggle type game.. at least that is what the scouting report should say.  We play pretty well on the road,  the defense is coming off its worst game of the season (arguably).  Cleveland has a top defense.  It would look pretty ugly,  but this should be a winnable game.  Should look like the game at Pittsburgh,  teal pants and all.  I would say let Lawrence rest even if he's up to playing.  We need our best foot forward next week against Baltimore.

Nah, that was the worst. Should be better this week, or we're in trouble TL starting or not.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 11:25 AM by Mikey.)

(12-07-2023, 04:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Can you show me somebody that said that?  Being better than Beathard isn't 'lighting it up'.

(12-07-2023, 04:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I've been saying this since the preseason.

I disagree.  Even Pederson hinted that it was because of his relationship with Lawrence.

(12-07-2023, 04:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: You have and your exactly right. I know people like to think CJB is only #2 because Lawrence likes him but that's not the reason. I get it with Rourke, everyone loves an underdog and that guy no-one had heard off and makes a few plays but it's preseason, playing against the 3's. 

So you're saying that if Rourke was was slightly better than Beathard that his relationship wouldn't be taken into account?  We'll just have to agree to disagree.

We all saw the preseason. After his first week miraculous showing, he came back down to earth. His development is a process; he may be improved at this stage, but I still feel a lot more confident putting the ball in CJB's hand Sunday than I would Rourke's.

Next July, it's head-to-head, winner take all between the two of them. If he has improved to status of capable backup, we won't be able to keep him on the PS for long.

I know post-game they waved off any issue, but after the fumble he appeared to be favoring his left hand, and every sideline shot he appeared to be carrying his arm around as if he had an invisible sling on his left arm - nice and tight to the chest, trying to limit motion.

It was certainly worrisome from my seat at the bar.

Confidence isn't something that comes to mind from a guy that has a career 2-10 record as a starter.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 12:06 PM by Cleatwood.)

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...72519?s=20

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...04499?s=20

No Little. Not good when we are facing Myles Garrett. Garrett is very banged up though too.

If little is out Trevor needs to sit. Garrett is gonna feast

(12-08-2023, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...72519?s=20

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...04499?s=20

No Little. Not good when we are facing Myles Garrett. Garrett is very banged up though too.

(12-08-2023, 12:32 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If little is out Trevor needs to sit. Garrett is gonna feast

Cleveland likely gets the nod at LT with Little out. Should see Hance or Shatley I think at LG. We're [BLEEP] regardless. Have to figure out a way to chip and dedicate blocks in his direction. Just sucks because we can't rely on Fortner to do his [BLEEP] job in the middle neither. Really leaves Scherff and Harrison out there. Probably need to design and flow almost all of our plays in that direction.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."