Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former Jags employee stealing money from team

(12-08-2023, 08:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I imagine one of the biggest questions Mr. Khan will have is how did this go undetected for 4 years?  $22 million is a lot of money to go out the door without anyone noticing anything.

From what I read, the dude was in charge of the financials and overinflated the expense reports for otherwise legit expenditures. Basically skimming off the top.

There absolutely was an error in the checks and balances, even at the top there needs to be accountability.

You see it all the time, just more often it's a much smaller scale - bookkeepers ripping off from the church they help to manage financials, store managers altering register transactions, etc. In the end, the habitual abuse leads to the criminal getting caught. @Lesson is to one-off and be happy if you get away with it@

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: MV5BZmUwY2QwYzEtZmRhNy00NTM4LTgwYTQtNTE2...@._V1_.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/...905033007/

…In negotiations with the city, they have a tendency to project a real sense of contempt for the process — the unwieldy 19-member City Council, the political cross-currents. They're the experts, the smartest people in the room, the savvy business minds. And yet it turns out it's the Jaguars, and not the city, with a mess to clean up.

The city and the Jaguars are currently negotiating a stadium renovation deal that could cost taxpayers up to $1 billion. It's more than fair to ask the team to show some evidence it's capable of responsibly handling that kind of project in light of the criminal case. “With the assistance of external experts, (the organization) has extensively reviewed its own policies and procedures, added staff to its finance department, and taken other measures to ensure the integrity of its financial controls," the team told The Athletic in a statement…

(12-13-2023, 03:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/...905033007/

…In negotiations with the city, they have a tendency to project a real sense of contempt for the process — the unwieldy 19-member City Council, the political cross-currents. They're the experts, the smartest people in the room, the savvy business minds. And yet it turns out it's the Jaguars, and not the city, with a mess to clean up.

The city and the Jaguars are currently negotiating a stadium renovation deal that could cost taxpayers up to $1 billion. It's more than fair to ask the team to show some evidence it's capable of responsibly handling that kind of project in light of the criminal case. “With the assistance of external experts, (the organization) has extensively reviewed its own policies and procedures, added staff to its finance department, and taken other measures to ensure the integrity of its financial controls," the team told The Athletic in a statement…

Yeah. I mean, look, it's a fair point. From a local standpoint, you would just have to write up a good contract that has a safety net in there to protect the tax payer and the community if something goes haywire at a larger scale.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-08-2023, 03:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: MV5BZmUwY2QwYzEtZmRhNy00NTM4LTgwYTQtNTE2...@._V1_.jpg]

Wrong car.  This is the one.

[Image: R.4f7781346fc946dabdb967876480c721?rik=C...ImgRaw&r=0]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The guy was a bad gambler by reports.
Spent at least 500K in just his fantasy football stuff over one year's time. No telling how much he'd lost elsewhere.

He didn't spend the money on too much extravagance. It was more about the betting apparently.