Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All isn’t lost after todays loss to the Browns

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 08:07 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 5 times in total.)

Tough loss today. Can’t really point the finger at 1 player or 1 play. Just got out played today and Joe Flack made quick reads and flat out beat us. Once the 4th down turned into a Browns TD, Williams slipped. It seemed like we was going to come back and win. The turnovers, the Gostis offsides, the Ridley miscommunication, the failed 2 point conversion.

The Jaguars offensive line needs a prayer right now, but with that said we still got to see Lawrence in action after a nasty ankle sprain from last week. And with that, I’m still keeping the playoff hopes alive around these parts. Engram is having the best season a TE has ever had in franchise history. Etienne is up to 10 TDs which doesn’t happen around here very often.

The Texans laid an egg against the Jets and got smoked 30-6.

Colts got smoked by the Bengals 34-14.

We still lead the AFC South and are poised for a home playoff game. 

Next week we have the Ravens at home on Sunday Night on Prime Time. Forget about the seeding and let’s just go find a way to win.

It’s the NFL, and they get paid millions of dollars to play too. You can find happiness in knowing that your franchise QB is still out there playing football and laying it all on the line for this franchise and the fans. 

Just get 1 more win and beat the Titans and we should be good to go. 

We’re leading the division which was the number 1 goal from jump street. 

Antonio Johnson is going to be another great ball player for this team in the future, along with Buster Brown. Johnson impressed today with the huge sack/forced fumble off the edge. Buster played solid on special teams with some key tackles and led the team in combined tackles. Junior showed some value by stepping in at Strong Safety while Jenkins laid was shaken up a couple times.

Biggest game of the year coming this Sunday Night, at home, under the lights. It’s going to be electric.

Then we go to the Buccaneers, return home for the last home game of the regular season for the Panthers, and then travel to the Titans.

We’re chillin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I honestly didn't think the Jags would win against Cleveland. Flacco or not. But, Jags still a playoff team. Just not ready for the Super Bowl.

We’re going to win the division and go from there.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 08:16 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

I believe that in spite of recent struggles the Jags will still win the division. I don't believe that the Colts will catch them. The Texans have a better shot of doing that as they play the Titans twice and could beat the Colts, but I will still give the Jags the edge for now. Also, CJ Stroud is now in concussion protocol and maybe that may have an impact on things. Gardner also looked like he may have gotten concussed in the Colts game today, though no one checked him.

If the Jags did have to possibly end up playing for a Wild Card that would be more concerning. Especially considering the number of teams vying for a WC spot right now. Including Cincy and the Browns who are getting hot at the right time. Both teams have 2-3 favorable matchups coming up during this last part of the season and that could have a big impact on the Wild Card standings. Especially if the Jags continue to struggle/lose. But I think that the Jags will do enough to win the division.

The OL is lost, the coaching has proven they can't gameplan around it. Unless there is some help coming off the street or another's team PS, the OL is stopping this team.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

KC lost

We could be having the Chargers season. Looks like they never recovered from that playoff second half.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's lretty bad right now. Ffensive line is bad and injured and the pass defense is atrocious. Worst the league bad. I don't see those 2 things being fixed over the next few weeks.

(12-10-2023, 08:47 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: We could be having the Chargers season. Looks like they never recovered from that playoff second half.
Jags finish 11-6 or better.

Home playoff game. And they’ll win that.

Does anyone really believe this team will make any noise in the playoffs?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

AFC is wide open this year. I don't think it matters if you're the #1 or #7 in this conference. None of these teams consistently dominate or show up.

We'll get in regardless now I think but it's going to boil down to luck, the stripes and adequate line play at this point in the AFC. This has been a fun year to watch football.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 08:53 PM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

I agree that we're still in a good spot. Still lead the South and control our own destiny. That's the main things you want to control.

Last year we looked a bad team for the first half of the year, hit a great run of form, snuck into the playoffs and had an all time comeback. Last year we massively overachieved. This year was dealing with expectations and proving we could do it again. After starting 1-2 we won the next 7 of 8. This team has proved they have turned the corner. Injuries have hurt us and may hurt us come playoffs but people need to look at the big picture.

This is still a young roster and still getting pieced together. Teams like the Niners, Chiefs, Eagles etc have been building and fine tuning their rosters for multiple years. I'm not the biggest Baalke fan but he's not done a bad job in the short time he's had. This roster will get better and deeper as we add to it rather than replacing huge chunks as we become accustomed to. 

The future is bright. Very bright.

(12-10-2023, 08:50 PM)copycat Wrote: Does anyone really believe this team will make any noise in the playoffs?
Yes. I think we can really. Maybe another 1 - 1 run but I think we'll make some noise again. It's really wide open in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-10-2023, 08:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 08:47 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: We could be having the Chargers season. Looks like they never recovered from that playoff second half.
Jags finish 11-6 or better.

Home playoff game against the Browns that just beat them?

Teams go through rough patches at times during a season for one reason or another. This is ours and it's largely due to injury. We'll be healthier come playoff time. What you have seen these last two weeks is not what you will see in a month. We played pretty poorly on the whole to a very stout defense and on the road and lost by 4 points. The sky is not falling. Allow either Indy or Houston to get a 1 game lead for the division on us with only 4 games to go? Ok, that would be the sky falling.

Need to just win the damn division.

Hoping that the Texans and Colts have already peaked, and that the Jags can avoid a late season meltdown

Pray for the O line. I just don't want to be this year's version of the Titans. Last year they lost 7 in a row once their o-line got this bad....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 09:36 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

i don't think we will win another game to many injurys and team has fallen completly apart. No way we beat ravans,we can't win at home 2-4  at home.   Bucs are fighting for a playoff spot we can't beat the teams this season who are fighting for playoff lives.  its not looking good anymore.  unforttanttly its looking like we are going to lose the rest of our games. the way jags are playing right now i don't se a win.  they are not playing good enough to win. they are playing not to lose,and its not working.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 09:40 PM by Cleatwood.)

(12-10-2023, 08:52 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 08:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags finish 11-6 or better.

Home playoff game against the Browns that just beat them?

As long as it’s not the Bills, they’ll win.

I don’t expect the D to blow 3 TDs like they did today. 

This team and coaching staff is resilient. They have a tough game against the Ravens but they can win their remaining 3 and get hot. Build the confidence back up.

(12-10-2023, 08:50 PM)copycat Wrote: Does anyone really believe this team will make any noise in the playoffs?
Full confidence.

(12-10-2023, 09:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 08:52 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Home playoff game against the Browns that just beat them?

As long as it’s not the Bills, they’ll win.

I don’t expect the D to blow 3 TDs like they did today. 

This team and coaching staff is resilient. They have a tough game against the Ravens but they can win their remaining 3 and get hot. Build the confidence back up.

Full confidence.

That's the thing. We won 7 of 8 and the team is great. Lose 2 games by 7 total points and it's all falling apart. This is just a bump in the road and yes we have issues to correct and overcome, 

This team and coaching staff will be working to get it right. It wont be finger pointing and the team coming apart.