Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All isn’t lost after todays loss to the Browns

We are still one game ahead, and hold the tiebreaker in addition to that.

I think winning the division is a nice accomplishment for the year. Obviously, we've got some serious problems with injuries. And next year I hope we strengthen our offensive line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-10-2023, 09:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: We are still one game ahead, and hold the tiebreaker in addition to that. 

I think winning the division is a nice accomplishment for the year.  Obviously, we've got some serious problems with injuries.  And next year I hope we strengthen our offensive line.

This is my thinking as well. Take the division in back-to-back years then concentrate on making the adjustments to come out stronger next season. We have too many holes right now. My biggest hope is our season ends healthy.

We’ll lose next week and then win out so we’ll win the division. Winning twice in a row is progress but there’s still a bit of personnel work to be done to be true Superbowl contenders.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 10:27 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just win the division baby.

I haven’t bothered watch the game again, but here are some quick hitters: Williams, it seemed like he had a rough day with some miscommunication in some switch offs in zone. Devin Lloyd has been tested a couple times with a RB in the flat. Defensive line is not moving the qb off his mark.

I thought I saw Smoot at DT which is good. We don’t have anything behind Josh Allen so he’s not getting any rest during the game and his legs seemed like they were gone in the 4th quarter. Still waiting on them to move Walker inside with Smoot, but we don’t have anything behind Walker out there on the edge. Cisco has ghosted. Hamilton is…I don’t know. Tyler Lacy hasn’t give you much of anything although he was credited with 1 QB Hit and I think Johnson was the only other player to hit Flacco. Muma can’t get off a TE block and make a play on 4th down.

Ridley is out of synch with Lawrence. With Kirk out with an injury, Ridley’s production was expected to double but he’s about the same. Zay Jones’ role has been reduced, while Engram’s production has went up a little from last season. Ridley was the target on 2 of the interceptions today.

Jenkins has had a quiet year. Cisco got off to a red hot start but has dialed back a little.

Lawrence is playing on a bummed knee and a bummed ankle and it really showed up on the interception when he wanted to hit Ridley on 3rd and short.

Shatley’s false start on the 2 point try didn’t really affect the outcome.

With all that said, the defense has bigger issues than the offense.

*Shoutout to Parker Washington
*Last 2 games: 228 all purpose yards and 2 TD. Buddy has 8 catches and 2 of them are for touchdowns.

I take solace in that we didn't play well last two weeks and still had opportunities to win in the 4th quarter.

Agree with others that division is still attainable. My hunch is both colts and Texans will lose at least one more. I think 2-2 down the stretch could still get us in. Not a given though due to our injuries and defenses recent collapse.

Also agree with others that if we do make it in we probably won't make a lot of noise. Too inconsistent, too many holes, and too many injuries we can't plug effectively.

For awhile I was thinking 10 wins would guarantee us a spot as a wildcard at a minimum but with so many teams at 7-6 I'm not so sure anymore. We may be division or bust. We may need 11 to make it as a wildcard but 11 would guarantee us the division.

This is the NFL. It’s really hard to win. I’ll take this season over the 1-3 win seasons we had been putting out before doug showed up. I think we make the playoffs still, and then anything can happen.

injurys are just an excause ,we suck again.  last seasons jags was a fluke just like in 2017.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I also expect the Jaguars to win the AFC South and get a first round bye like last season. How far they go after that will depend primarily on whether they get their offensive line healthy. If Little and Cleveland return in the next couple of weeks, the line should be o.k. The final 3 games are very winnable, although the Saints won't be easy.

The Ravens appear to be the top seed, but there just isn't a dominant team at this point. The Chiefs, Dolphins and Bills along with the Ravens and Jaguars, also have good chances to win the AFC. If Kirk is able to return for the playoffs, the Jaguars are certainly capable of beating any of these other teams in the playoffs. The 49er's are clearly the best team in the NFL and should be solid favorites to win the Super Bowl.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 11:02 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-10-2023, 10:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I also expect the Jaguars to win the AFC South and get a first round bye like last season. How far they go after that will depend primarily on whether they get their offensive line healthy. If Little and Cleveland return in the next couple of weeks, the line should be o.k. The final 3 games are very winnable, although the Saints won't be easy.

The Ravens appear to be the top seed, but there just isn't a dominant team at this point. The Chiefs, Dolphins and Bills along with the Ravens and Jaguars, also have good chances to win the AFC. If Kirk is able to return for the playoffs, the Jaguars are certainly capable of beating any of these other teams in the playoffs. The 49er's are clearly the best team in the NFL and should be solid favorites to win the Super Bowl.

We didn't have a bye in the playoffs last year and it's very unlikely we get a bye this year as only the 1 seed gets one.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 12:53 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 3 times in total.)

This would have been a good year to actually be great and not lay eggs with KC struggling and the AFC being so competitive.

(12-10-2023, 10:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I also expect the Jaguars to win the AFC South and get a first round bye like last season. How far they go after that will depend primarily on whether they get their offensive line healthy. If Little and Cleveland return in the next couple of weeks, the line should be o.k. The final 3 games are very winnable, although the Saints won't be easy.

We aren't getting a bye week.. Miami or Baltimore is.  We also didn't get a bye week last year... The Jaguars would host the Browns if the playoffs started next week. The NFC just got mixed up with Dallas beating Philly. Browns host the Bears, go to a depleted Houston, host the Jets and then finish at Cincy. Right now we are neck and neck with KC for the 3rd seed. They host the Bengals and play at the Chargers in their finale. Doubt they'd lose to the Patriots or Raiders. They're really our only competition at this point as far as seeding goes. This is all assuming we'll win the AFC South, who is likely going to be 0-4 this week.

(12-10-2023, 10:52 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: injurys are just an excause ,we suck again.  last seasons jags was a fluke just like in 2017.

2017 team took Brady to the 4th quarter with a Super Bowl berth on the line.  This team isn't that good.  We give up too many points to bad offenses.

Most concerning thing for me is whilst we may of had chances to win despite playing bad, we have being playing against back up qbs and they’ve both destroyed our secondary. Teams are starting to realise how soft we play in coverage so are getting the ball out quickly to wrs easy 5/6 yards and the pass rush can’t get there. We may be dealing with injuries but come one browns are dealing with far worse than us.
I expect us to get to the play offs with a home play off game as we should comfortably win the last 3 regardless of ravens score. But unless the defence gets back to how it started this season I don’t see us winning a play off game

(12-10-2023, 10:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: although the Saints won't be easy.

?

(12-10-2023, 10:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: We’ll lose next week and then win out so we’ll win the division. Winning twice in a row is progress but there’s still a bit of personnel work to be done to be true Superbowl contenders.

I believe this is probably a pretty accurate assessment. To be honest, I am surprised at the number of people who are impatient and upset by this. I never watched the NFL when I was younger and started following the Jaguars right after college (2011). I have seen 2 winning seasons in my fandom. I believe I was hoping for a step forward this year building off of last (which is still possible). People are acting like we are a disappointment for not being the best team in the league and/or making a Super Bowl. Winning is hard, and this may be a process that takes longer than a season. I think another division title and a playoff win would be a positive, and definitely not a disappointment.

(12-11-2023, 11:27 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 10:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: We’ll lose next week and then win out so we’ll win the division. Winning twice in a row is progress but there’s still a bit of personnel work to be done to be true Superbowl contenders.

I believe this is probably a pretty accurate assessment. To be honest, I am surprised at the number of people who are impatient and upset by this. I never watched the NFL when I was younger and started following the Jaguars right after college (2011). I have seen 2 winning seasons in my fandom. I believe I was hoping for a step forward this year building off of last (which is still possible). People are acting like we are a disappointment for not being the best team in the league and/or making a Super Bowl. Winning is hard, and this may be a process that takes longer than a season. I think another division title and a playoff win would be a positive, and definitely not a disappointment.

Ah, the old patience and calm routine with a dash of emotional maturity and stability.  You must be new around here.

(12-11-2023, 11:40 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 11:27 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: I believe this is probably a pretty accurate assessment. To be honest, I am surprised at the number of people who are impatient and upset by this. I never watched the NFL when I was younger and started following the Jaguars right after college (2011). I have seen 2 winning seasons in my fandom. I believe I was hoping for a step forward this year building off of last (which is still possible). People are acting like we are a disappointment for not being the best team in the league and/or making a Super Bowl. Winning is hard, and this may be a process that takes longer than a season. I think another division title and a playoff win would be a positive, and definitely not a disappointment.

Ah, the old patience and calm routine with a dash of emotional maturity and stability.  You must be new around here.

Lol I have been here for a little bit, but I have been a Gamecock my whole life. Some would say I am very experienced and well trained for these types of situations.

(12-11-2023, 12:45 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: This would have been a good year to actually be great and not lay eggs with KC struggling and the AFC being so competitive.

We aren't getting a bye week.. Miami or Baltimore is.  We also didn't get a bye week last year... The Jaguars would host the Browns if the playoffs started next week.  The NFC just got mixed up with Dallas beating Philly.  Browns host the Bears,  go to a depleted Houston,  host the Jets and then finish at Cincy.  Right now we are neck and neck with KC for the 3rd seed.  They host the Bengals and play at the Chargers in their finale.  Doubt they'd lose to the Patriots or Raiders.  They're really our only competition at this point as far as seeding goes.  This is all assuming we'll win the AFC South,  who is likely going to be 0-4 this week.
I stand corrected. What I meant to say is that they will get home field during the first round of the playoffs, Just got back from California and must have jet lag!

(12-11-2023, 05:32 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 12:45 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: This would have been a good year to actually be great and not lay eggs with KC struggling and the AFC being so competitive.

We aren't getting a bye week.. Miami or Baltimore is.  We also didn't get a bye week last year... The Jaguars would host the Browns if the playoffs started next week.  The NFC just got mixed up with Dallas beating Philly.  Browns host the Bears,  go to a depleted Houston,  host the Jets and then finish at Cincy.  Right now we are neck and neck with KC for the 3rd seed.  They host the Bengals and play at the Chargers in their finale.  Doubt they'd lose to the Patriots or Raiders.  They're really our only competition at this point as far as seeding goes.  This is all assuming we'll win the AFC South,  who is likely going to be 0-4 this week.
I stand corrected. What I meant to say is that they will get home field during the first round of the playoffs, Just got back from California and must have jet lag!

We already beat the Saints tho

Jags need to get back on track.

Let’s go jags!

(12-12-2023, 08:16 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags need to get back on track.

Let’s go jags!

I got the Jaguars winning this one.