Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The defense has fallen off a cliff

2 weeks in a row they allow a 3rd sting Qb to carve them up like Xmas turkey. The lack of a consistent pass rush is only one issue. Is it possible to fix any of it this year?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2023, 12:31 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: 2 weeks in a row they allow a 3rd sting Qb to carve them up like Xmas turkey. The lack of a consistent pass rush is only one issue. Is it possible to fix any of it this year?

Anything is possible. Just have to have some patience and get back on a roll again. It's not like they're getting their teeth completely kicked in as a football team. Bengals just whooped on the clots yesterday. The Browns have honestly been a damn good football team, especially defensively at home, without Chubb in the backfield since September I think now. 

We're not losing to scrubs out there. We're losing to really good football teams with really good coaches that play in a really good and competitive AFC North. Barely losing to these guys at that. I'll keep the faith. I think we'll win at home on Sunday Night somehow. It may not be pretty. It may be another nail biting, dog fight, butthole puckering slobber knocker of a contest. 

But, we'll win.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This will be a game where the defense completely shuts down Lamar and then proceeds to get torn apart by Baker the following week
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It has gotten to the point where I’m more afraid of what the backup QB’s can do to us, compared to what the All-Pro QBs can do.

Not sure which is worse between our OL or our defense. Recipe for playoff success

A major week point got exposed by the 49ers and now teams r capitalising on it

Our team is also not built for Injurys

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 11:18 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus.)

(12-11-2023, 12:31 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: 2 weeks in a row they allow a 3rd sting Qb to carve them up like Xmas turkey. The lack of a consistent pass rush is only one issue. Is it possible to fix any of it this year?
If the offense finds a way to sustain drives and score points it could keep the defense fresh and force the opposing offense to become more predictable.

(12-11-2023, 08:49 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Our team is also not built for Injurys

I disagree

This is going to sound horrible, it's on Trevor. Gotta execute better, gotta get the d a lead, gotta make other teams one dimensional. When you're a FRANCHISE GUY that's who you have to be

(12-12-2023, 05:39 AM)jj82284 Wrote: This is going to sound horrible, it's on Trevor.  Gotta execute better, gotta get the d a lead, gotta make other teams one dimensional.  When you're a FRANCHISE GUY that's who you have to be

That’s actually true. It helps the defense tremendously.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2023, 08:35 AM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-12-2023, 05:39 AM)jj82284 Wrote: This is going to sound horrible, it's on Trevor.  Gotta execute better, gotta get the d a lead, gotta make other teams one dimensional.  When you're a FRANCHISE GUY that's who you have to be

Trevor had some bad balls Sunday but it doesn’t help that his OL is in shambles and wrs still running wrong routes, in week 15, for [BLEEP] sake. Trevor definitely needs to be better but his supporting cast is bit helping much either.

I want to see the injury report. Need to know who we’re going to have available for SNF.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2023, 11:16 AM by imtheblkranger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Looking back, had we not gifted Cle 3 possessions I think the defense held up better than it looked at first glance, they started slow but settled in. Even if just the Ridley wrong route in the RZ INT doesn't happen and the other two do I think we would have won.

Faults on everyone all the way around. Trevor made a few mistakes, Ridley/WRs in general, Defense was too soft. Self inflicted errors that cost us again, all correctable.

Also, let's not pretend Cleveland at home was an easy game. That defense is ridiculous and Flacco is a savvy vet, we would have been better off facing DTR. Browning tore us apart and then proceeded to do the same to Indy. Flacco was solid the week before against LA too, especially for his first start for them and traveling out West.

Getting Tyson back to 100% and dare I say, Herndon back, will be huge.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2023, 03:11 PM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor is the least of out problems.for the most part he's been great this year. Man was just playing on one leg against the best pass defense in the league, on the road, in bad weather. He was also playing with his 4th string OT who got a 0.0 pass blocking grade from PFF. I've never seen that before. The blame lies on this putrid pass defense that has given up 700 yards the last 2 weeks to jake browning and the ghost of Joe Flacco. It's been absolutely pathetic and if they don't get it fixed we aren't winning a playoff game.

Trevor's fault btw... Why can't the dude just cover receivers better? He just lets guys run wide open ffs...
https://twitter.com/djDELFONIK/status/17...9919419416

(12-12-2023, 08:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Trevor's fault btw... Why can't the dude just cover receivers better? He just lets guys run wide open ffs...

Tre Herndon taught his understudy well I see.

This is exactly why we lost that and Parker Washington fumble. #1 defense scoring 28 is damn good enough.
No Fun

Stupid Trevor. I swear he is the worst defender on the team.

Idk man we will see how high that cliff is sunday night. The offense hasnt done them many favors either. They gave the offense some short fields also.

(12-12-2023, 10:29 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 08:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Trevor's fault btw... Why can't the dude just cover receivers better? He just lets guys run wide open ffs...

Tre Herndon taught his understudy well I see.

I dont think any of those were actually on the nickel, it was either safety or linebacker resposibility.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-13-2023, 07:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 10:29 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Tre Herndon taught his understudy well I see.

I dont think any of those were actually on the nickel, it was either safety or linebacker resposibility.

(Joke) <-- the joke.

(~_~) <-- Your head.

The Parker Washington fumble was huge, but his TD catch made up for it some.