Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ratbirds vs Jags Pregame Discussion and Predictions

I would like to predict a win and hope we do. It’s not necessarily the end as at 8-6 we can still win out and control our destiny. That said stealing a win would legitimize and fire up the team and also give us breathing room as Tampa is not a gimme with how quickly the offense can turn on a dime there with Evans and our defense seeming to take plays off. 

I see a 30-20 win for the Ravens. A lot depends on our injured players health. We need Cleveland or Little back, and our defense healthy again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 02:08 PM by Cleatwood.)

(12-11-2023, 01:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I would like to predict a win and hope we do. It’s not necessarily the end as at 8-6 we can still win out and control our destiny. That said stealing a win would legitimize and fire up the team and also give us breathing room as Tampa is not a gimme with how quickly the offense can turn on a dime there with Evans and our defense seeming to take plays off. 

I see a 30-20 win for the Ravens. A lot depends on our injured players health. We need Cleveland or Little back, and our defense healthy again.
Not sure what to make of the Ravens. They seem to play worse on the road.

They obliterated the Lions and Seahawks by a combined score of 75-9 at home.

Then they played down to the tacks (winning by 8), Cardinals (won by 7) and Chargers (won by 10) on the road.

They also lost to the clots.

Let's get this out of the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 02:21 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

haha . The obligatory Mr T (pain reminder)

(12-11-2023, 02:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Let's get this out of the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mumw6zeg5xt3v646im...y.gif&ct=g]

Going by the past, this team struggles against mobile QB's.  Lamar is the Michael Vick of this generation.

I predict a game where the Defense is going to get torched and the offense will put up points but not enough to win the game.  I can see Trevor throwing a couple more INT's trying to force stuff downfield.  It is hard to predict the Jaguars getting a win here.  We also play worse at home.

Ravens 38 Jaguars 24

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 02:38 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I fee like we're currently at the end sequence of Rocky 5 if you can imagine Trevor as Rocky, Goodell as promoter George Duke and Tommy Gunn as the singular personification of all the defenses and ref crews we have faced and will face the remainder of this season/post-season.  Tell me it isn't just me feeling this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf0BnFbWEwQ

(12-11-2023, 02:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I fee like we're currently at the end sequence of Rocky 5 if you can imagine Trevor as Rocky, Goodell as promoter George Duke and Tommy Gunn as the singular personification of all the defenses and ref crews we have faced and will face the remainder of this season/post-season.  Tell me it just isn't me feeling this:

I would love that but I predict this is Pederson by the second half on SNF

[Image: throw-the-damn-towel-give-up.gif]

Only hope is Lamar has flashbacks of last year

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Yeah we're gonna get smoked based on the defensive play the last 2 weeks
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think the Ravens understand and will expose our defense by running those sweeps/counter running plays in addition to the RPO with Lamar being a true dual threat.

Don't understand why teams we have faced shy away from what was working really well for them against our defense - but I feel like our glaring weaknesses in that unit play really well into what their offensive strengths are.

Unless something fundamentally changes with our D and team overall, I think we get abused on Sunday night...

Ravens 35 - Jags 17

No one will pick us to win this game

I will
33-24 Jags

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 04:29 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Two men enter. One man leaves. That's my guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1734...82236?s=20

And here come the Ravens

(12-11-2023, 05:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1734...82236?s=20

And here come the Ravens

Do not forget they allowed an old busted Flacco to throw for over 300 yds and a couple of tds and allowed a no name 3rd sting Bengal player look like Tom Brady.

Lamar is licking his chops.

(12-11-2023, 02:36 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 02:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I fee like we're currently at the end sequence of Rocky 5 if you can imagine Trevor as Rocky, Goodell as promoter George Duke and Tommy Gunn as the singular personification of all the defenses and ref crews we have faced and will face the remainder of this season/post-season.  Tell me it just isn't me feeling this:

I would love that but I predict this is Pederson by the second half on SNF

[Image: throw-the-damn-towel-give-up.gif]

[Image: EOHHCBqWkAI8Jli.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We're gonna...I don't know!

I feel more confused than a Bills fan.

Been a weird season, they say we have the toughest schedule based on records but dont feel like we have played many good teams outside of SF and maybe the chiefs?

(12-11-2023, 06:36 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Been a weird season, they say we have the toughest schedule based on records but dont feel like we have played many good teams outside of SF and maybe the chiefs?

Going by the rule of “your record says who you are”, we’ve played against (and won) quite a few teams that are good by the standard of a winning record. 

Beat the bills, colts x2, Steelers, beat the Texans.

I want a win but on paper I don't see anyway we win. We can't stop Lamar and we can't run the ball our best wide left out is disengaged and the Oline is duct tape and bubble gum.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 07:39 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(12-11-2023, 07:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 06:36 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Been a weird season, they say we have the toughest schedule based on records but dont feel like we have played many good teams outside of SF and maybe the chiefs?

Going by the rule of “your record says who you are”, we’ve played against (and won) quite a few teams that are good by the standard of a winning record. 

Beat the bills, colts x2, Steelers, beat the Texans.

Texans lost to a winless panthers team, steelers have been a laughinstock the past month, bills have unperformed, colts are whatever..

Like I said, been a weird year.

(12-11-2023, 07:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I want a win but on paper I don't see anyway we win. We can't stop Lamar and we can't run the ball our best wide left out is disengaged and the Oline is duct tape and bubble gum.

We did it last year, don't see why not.