Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ratbirds vs Jags Pregame Discussion and Predictions

(12-12-2023, 06:36 PM)icey14 Wrote: we have had a brutal schedule, and now injuries,  down the stretch we need to win at least 2 of the last 3. but lets win all 4 of the last 4 and call it a going into the playoffs hot.

I ran through some scenarios where we could actually lose two of the last four and still get in but I think we would need help at that point

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

yeah assuming the rest of the south loses with us, were good but as soon as we lose and they win. it then becomes win out.

hou plays Ten, CLV, Ten, INDY
Indy plays PIT, ATL, LV, Hou
Jax plays BAL, TB,Car, TEN

jags have the easier last three and division games can always go weird. Hou is banged up at wr and QB, so we could potentially drop 2 more depending how indy does vs Pit, Atl and LV.

need Ten to wipe Hou twice in the next three.

(12-13-2023, 03:42 PM)icey14 Wrote: yeah assuming the rest of the south loses with us, were good but as soon as we lose and they win. it then becomes win out. 

hou plays Ten,  CLV, Ten, INDY

jags have the easier last three and division games can always go weird.  Hou is banged up at wr and QB,  so we could potentially drop 2 more depending how indy does vs Pit, Atl and LV.

What's Stroud's status for this Sunday? He was in concussion protocol with that Jets loss. The tacks just upset the Dolphins on MNF. I wouldn't be shocked if they slap the [BLEEP] out of the tinhorns at least once out of those two contests. Especially within a three week time span. That is funky now that I think about it. I don't think we see that too often. Same divisional opponent within three weeks?

Damn. I could see the clots losing to the Steelers. Minshew is good but he tends to struggle against competent defenses at times. Atlanta is getting hot and they're still in the mix for the NFC South so they'll be getting their absolute best football. The Raiders are a fun team. 

I don't think our next four are easy though. By any stretch of the means. Tampa is in the thick of it still with Atlanta and Mayfield and Evans can smoke you if you're sleeping on them, this defense is notorious for being any QB's "get right" game and so it wouldn't shock me if all of a sudden Bryce Young looks like [BLEEP] Steve Young against this defense. 

And, like you said, divisional games are tough and we'll be in tacks territory in week 17 or week 18 there so that could go either way. They're probably looking to play spoiler there and you know last year's sweeping hurt their feelings. 

Man, buckle up. Next four weeks are going to be butthole puckers.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-13-2023, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 03:42 PM)icey14 Wrote: yeah assuming the rest of the south loses with us, were good but as soon as we lose and they win. it then becomes win out. 

hou plays Ten,  CLV, Ten, INDY

jags have the easier last three and division games can always go weird.  Hou is banged up at wr and QB,  so we could potentially drop 2 more depending how indy does vs Pit, Atl and LV.

What's Stroud's status for this Sunday? He was in concussion protocol with that Jets loss. The tacks just upset the Dolphins on MNF. I wouldn't be shocked if they slap the [BLEEP] out of the tinhorns at least once out of those two contests. Especially within a three week time span. That is funky now that I think about it. I don't think we see that too often. Same divisional opponent within three weeks?

Damn. I could see the clots losing to the Steelers. Minshew is good but he tends to struggle against competent defenses at times. Atlanta is getting hot and they're still in the mix for the NFC South so they'll be getting their absolute best football. The Raiders are a fun team. 

I don't think our next four are easy though. By any stretch of the means. Tampa is in the thick of it still with Atlanta and Mayfield and Evans can smoke you if you're sleeping on them, this defense is notorious for being any QB's "get right" game and so it wouldn't shock me if all of a sudden Bryce Young looks like [BLEEP] Steve Young against this defense. 

And, like you said, divisional games are tough and we'll be in tacks territory in week 17 or week 18 there so that could go either way. They're probably looking to play spoiler there and you know last year's sweeping hurt their feelings. 

CJ didn't practice today, could clear the protocol by Sunday but who knows, his head snapped back pretty hard and he was down for a while. I'd say he probably misses at least this game. Nico Collins also was a DNP for them today too. They've been hit pretty hard the past two weeks with offensive injuries. Even if CJ clears, I don't see them being too strong offensively missing their top two WRs.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-13-2023, 04:20 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What's Stroud's status for this Sunday? He was in concussion protocol with that Jets loss. The tacks just upset the Dolphins on MNF. I wouldn't be shocked if they slap the [BLEEP] out of the tinhorns at least once out of those two contests. Especially within a three week time span. That is funky now that I think about it. I don't think we see that too often. Same divisional opponent within three weeks?

CJ didn't practice today, could clear the protocol by Sunday but who knows, his head snapped back pretty hard and he was down for a while. I'd say he probably misses at least this game. Nico Collins also was a DNP for them today too. They've been hit pretty hard the past two weeks with offensive injuries. Even if CJ clears, I don't see them being too strong offensively missing their top two WRs.

Yeah. Figures as much. Going to be a fun four game stretch for this division. Should make the holiday's entertaining at least.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-12-2023, 06:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Back on SNF will be special. I was so impressed with how good the stadium and fans were for MNF and hope it's the same even with the 2 L's.

The Ravens are playing well right now, got the confidence and finding ways to win games. They've looked close to losing a few lately but managed to get the W. The last few weeks in the league have shown that anyone can be beaten and we have a pretty good record in recent years against them.

I know people are down on the team right now and even when we were winning people were finding negatives but I know this team will respond and I'd love it to be Sunday. Injuries and mistakes have been hurting us but we can fix mistakes and we need players to step up performance wise. 

I'm going to say 28-26:Jags with Tucker missing a game winning FG.

Go Jags. Believe.

(12-11-2023, 06:36 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Been a weird season, they say we have the toughest schedule based on records but dont feel like we have played many good teams outside of SF and maybe the chiefs?

We've played 9 of the 11 teams in contention for playoff spots in the AFC and the #1 NFC seed Niners. Our schedule has been brutal compared to someone like Dallas or the Chiefs 

Let me ask you another way, what bad teams have we played this year?
Was with you until the missed FG.  Tucker is money.  He doesn't miss GWers.

(12-13-2023, 07:01 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 06:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Back on SNF will be special. I was so impressed with how good the stadium and fans were for MNF and hope it's the same even with the 2 L's.

The Ravens are playing well right now, got the confidence and finding ways to win games. They've looked close to losing a few lately but managed to get the W. The last few weeks in the league have shown that anyone can be beaten and we have a pretty good record in recent years against them.

I know people are down on the team right now and even when we were winning people were finding negatives but I know this team will respond and I'd love it to be Sunday. Injuries and mistakes have been hurting us but we can fix mistakes and we need players to step up performance wise. 

I'm going to say 28-26:Jags with Tucker missing a game winning FG.

Go Jags. Believe.

We've played 9 of the 11 teams in contention for playoff spots in the AFC and the #1 NFC seed Niners. Our schedule has been brutal compared to someone like Dallas or the Chiefs 

Let me ask you another way, what bad teams have we played this year?
Was with you until the missed FG.  Tucker is money.  He doesn't miss GWers.

He missed one here last year. Bum-dum-tis. 

All jokes aside. It was hell of an attempt and effort. Forget the exact distance but I think it was right around 60 yards or just north of it. And he just missed it barely.

(12-13-2023, 07:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 07:01 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Was with you until the missed FG.  Tucker is money.  He doesn't miss GWers.

He missed one here last year. Bum-dum-tis. 

All jokes aside. It was hell of an attempt and effort. Forget the exact distance but I think it was right around 60 yards or just north of it. And he just missed it barely.

That was such  damn good game

Trevor went demon mode at the end, lovely route from agnew as well for the 2pt conversion

(12-13-2023, 07:17 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 07:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He missed one here last year. Bum-dum-tis. 

That was such  damn good game

Trevor went demon mode at the end, lovely route from agnew as well for the 2pt conversion

That was Zay actually
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We’re probably not going to be happy after the game. I just don’t see any way to win this game given what’s happened to the defense. Injuries to an already suspect line won’t help. I hope we can keep it within a couple of scores.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-13-2023, 07:56 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: We’re probably not going to be happy after the game. I just don’t see any way to win this game given what’s happened to the defense. Injuries to an already suspect line won’t help. I hope we can keep it within a couple of scores.
Yea. I kinda agree.

Jags D also didn’t play well the last primetime game.

I won’t be totally shocked with any outcome other than the Jags blowing out the Ravens.

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...915L-t18Xg

3.5 point favorites? Feels low….

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2023, 10:48 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-13-2023, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...915L-t18Xg

Home team is typically gifted 3 points in their favor. 6.5 or 7 would sound about right considering without the home field "advantage". As long as our Defense can deal with how loud our home crowd is this time though LOLOLOLOLOL.

Still can't believe they used that excuse against the Bengals that there was miscommunication between our Defense because of our own crowd noise LOLOL. What a joke.

(12-13-2023, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...915L-t18Xg

Home team is typically gifted 3 points in their favor. 6.5 or 7 would sound about right considering without the home field "advantage". As long as our Defense can deal with how loud our home crowd is this time though LOLOLOLOLOL.

Still can't believe they used that excuse against the Bengals that there was miscommunication between our Defense because of our own crowd noise LOLOL. What a joke.

Yeah. I know they tried to clean that up after the fact and they said it was taken out of context, sure, the transcripts look a little bit better than what was actually said, but, he said it. Pretty [BLEEP] lame in general. 

This game was going to be tough regardless of setting, roster status, etc. As long as Lawrence is upright, this team will have a chance. I don't think it'll be pretty, could be downright ugly, but, I just have a hard time seeing this team coached by Pederson and led by Lawrence and guys like Allen and Oluokon on defense dropping three games in a row. 

I hope they come out and play with a new sense of urgency and focus. That word, focus, focus and communication. That's all we've been hearing from Doug over these last two weeks post game. Well, hopefully two weeks is all it takes for them to recapture that.

(12-14-2023, 12:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Home team is typically gifted 3 points in their favor. 6.5 or 7 would sound about right considering without the home field "advantage". As long as our Defense can deal with how loud our home crowd is this time though LOLOLOLOLOL.

Yeah. I know they tried to clean that up after the fact and they said it was taken out of context, sure, the transcripts look a little bit better than what was actually said, but, he said it. Pretty [BLEEP] lame in general. 

This game was going to be tough regardless of setting, roster status, etc. As long as Lawrence is upright, this team will have a chance. I don't think it'll be pretty, could be downright ugly, but, I just have a hard time seeing this team coached by Pederson and led by Lawrence and guys like Allen and Oluokon on defense dropping three games in a row. 

I hope they come out and play with a new sense of urgency and focus. That word, focus, focus and communication. That's all we've been hearing from Doug over these last two weeks post game. Well, hopefully two weeks is all it takes for them to recapture that.

Pre-snap penalties have been hurting the Offense lately. The past 3 weeks we've had 5, 3 and 5 pre-snaps penalties. They have got to get that cleaned up. Too late in the season to be having that many.

(12-13-2023, 07:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 07:17 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: That was such  damn good game

That was Zay actually

Zay for the td
Then we opted to try for 2pts and It was agnew I believe who got the td there

(12-14-2023, 05:20 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 07:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: That was Zay actually

Zay for the td
Then we opted to try for 2pts and It was agnew I believe who got the td there
lol

It was Marvin Jones for the TD on the right corner and then Zay on an out route for the 2pt conversion.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2023, 09:23 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

With how the AFC is unfolding lately this would be the game the Jaguars win. Apparently every team is overrated. We are in need of a good showing the worst way now after a slumpy stretch. Obviously, mobile QB but that isn't even what worries me. It is how badly we have blown coverages when blitzing and just bad tackling afterwards.

(12-13-2023, 12:58 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 06:36 PM)icey14 Wrote: we have had a brutal schedule, and now injuries,  down the stretch we need to win at least 2 of the last 3. but lets win all 4 of the last 4 and call it a going into the playoffs hot.

I ran through some scenarios where we could actually lose two of the last four and still get in but I think we would need help at that point

yea if we go 2-2, we just need the texans and colts to both lose one more time and we win division.

i just hope we dont come to the titans game needing to win that.  you know theyd love to kick us out after us bouncing them last year.

I think the offense will need to score 35 and not have more than one turnover to have a shot at winning. Jags D has been awful the last 2 games. This one looks like a loss to me, but I thought the Bengals game would be an "easy" win, so who knows...