Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ratbirds vs Jags Pregame Discussion and Predictions

Sunday night football. Wow. I hope the jags show out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-14-2023, 11:24 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote: I think the offense will need to score 35 and not have more than one turnover to have a shot at winning. Jags D has been awful the last 2 games. This one looks like a loss to me, but I thought the Bengals game would be an "easy" win, so who knows...

Baltimore's pretty well balanced offensively this year. They're still a great running team and it obviously starts with Jackson's ability to take off downfield. However, it seems like no matter who gets the football out of the backfield they're getting 4+ YPC and this will be yet another challenge for Caldwell. 

Todd Monken has been a relatively decent and successful offensive coordinator so far at this point in his career. Going back to his stint with the Georgia Bulldogs and he seems to be giving Jackson more passing opportunities than Greg Roman did during his time there. 

Zay Flowers is a rookie that has a lot of promise. Hasn't had a monster, breakout game yet but he has a tendency to pop up here and there in critical situations when they need a play made. 

Defensively, they're just as tough as the 49ers and Browns and they actually get after the QB more than anybody. Going to be a dog fight man.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I agree. I think we will come out angry and playing for pride, but this is a tough matchup. We need to be much better than the last 2 weeks.

(12-14-2023, 11:45 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 11:24 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote: I think the offense will need to score 35 and not have more than one turnover to have a shot at winning. Jags D has been awful the last 2 games. This one looks like a loss to me, but I thought the Bengals game would be an "easy" win, so who knows...

Baltimore's pretty well balanced offensively this year. They're still a great running team and it obviously starts with Jackson's ability to take off downfield. However, it seems like no matter who gets the football out of the backfield they're getting 4+ YPC and this will be yet another challenge for Caldwell. 

Todd Monken has been a relatively decent and successful offensive coordinator so far at this point in his career. Going back to his stint with the Georgia Bulldogs and he seems to be giving Jackson more passing opportunities than Greg Roman did during his time there. 

Zay Flowers is a rookie that has a lot of promise. Hasn't had a monster, breakout game yet but he has a tendency to pop up here and there in critical situations when they need a play made. 

Defensively, they're just as tough as the 49ers and Browns and they actually get after the QB more than anybody. Going to be a dog fight man.

The have the number 2 rated oline on PFF.  Baltimore always has a good oline and a huge part of their success every year.

(12-14-2023, 03:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamStites_/status/1...92116?s=20

Thank god. We need some health desperately.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jags getting healthier. Thats big time.

Meanwhile, texans will be without Stroud and possible Will Anderson this weekend. Just need the Steelers to beat the clots.

(12-14-2023, 04:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags getting healthier. Thats big time.

Meanwhile, texans will be without Stroud and possible Will Anderson this weekend. Just need the Steelers to beat the clots.

Trevor should give Anderson some pointers on high ankle sprains. Or maybe not actually
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Weather could be an issue if the rain slows down. Right now will be windy but rain should have stopped.

(12-14-2023, 03:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamStites_/status/1...92116?s=20

Wow this is huge, we may have a shot of pulling this one out 

Its really going to come down to our D and If we pick up our sloppy play

I'm beginning to smell an upset in this game. Jags are getting healthy, are due for a big win at home and I believe the Ravens are slightly overrated. Jags will pull out a 3 point win.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2023, 06:16 PM by Caldrac.)

It's been windy as hell around here lately. Had to stake my damn Christmas blow-up's even further into the ground today in my front yard. It blows. . .
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-14-2023, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 05:20 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Zay for the td
Then we opted to try for 2pts and It was agnew I believe who got the td there
lol

It was Marvin Jones for the TD on the right corner and then Zay on an out route for the 2pt conversion.

My bad, to many Jones lol

(12-14-2023, 07:03 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: lol

It was Marvin Jones for the TD on the right corner and then Zay on an out route for the 2pt conversion.

My bad, to many Jones lol

We had Marvin, Zay AND Tim Jones that year. LOL

I want to draft ETN’s brother Trevor Etienne just so we can run two RB sets with

Trevor
ETN
Trevor ETN
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-14-2023, 09:34 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 12:58 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I ran through some scenarios where we could actually lose two of the last four and still get in but I think we would need help at that point

yea if we go 2-2, we just need the texans and colts to both lose one more time and we win division.

i just hope we dont come to the titans game needing to win that.  you know theyd love to kick us out after us bouncing them last year.

I used the ESPN playoff machine....had Texans and colts winning out and us losing 2...then if colts beat Texans last game we win the division....if Texans win we move to the 7th seed....if I remember correctly I did it a few days ago....the only problem is if buffalo wins out we are out completely in that scenario....they would have to lose one more.... IDK if you have used the ESPN playoff machine...if not it's pretty cool...you can go week by week and make your picks....then you can go back weeks and change picks for different scenarios.... It will tell you who's in and out....I had a scenario where dolphins completely miss playoffs

(12-14-2023, 07:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 07:03 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: My bad, to many Jones lol

We had Marvin, Zay AND Tim Jones that year. LOL

TMZ...but no more.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 04:53 AM by NewJagsCity.)

Per this game...we had an incredible comeback last year to beat this team. Down 19-10 in the 4th quarter and was able to pull it out by barely escaping thanks to a long Justin Tucker FG attempt that was barely missed. Against a Ravens team that was depleted at WR and RB, and basically had just Lamar and Andrews as weapons. It was a great game to attend in person, and one of many exciting comebacks from last year...Raiders, Cowboys, Titans, and Chargers. That being said, we only have one comeback victory this year. One. The season opener. More often than not, this year we are relying on getting ahead and then holding off comebacks from the opponent. However, this year Lamar is throwing the ball better, and is always a threat to run. His WR group is better, and healthy. His RBs are healthy. Our defense has played poorly the last 2 weeks, particularly the secondary. We have gotten behind early. Our O line is worse than last year. Ravens lead the league in sacks. I dont see many matchups in this game that clearly favor us. Unless we play error free ball and can get a turnover or two, i see us losing by at least 2 scores, maybe more. It could be a 49ers type of loss.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

If we can get Little and Ezra both back on offense and Cisco, Herndon, and a FULLY healthy Campbell back on defense I like our chances a lot more.

It’s going to be a tough game that we’ll likely fall short in, but with Trevor I can never count us out.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS