Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ratbirds vs Jags Pregame Discussion and Predictions

(12-15-2023, 04:53 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Per this game...we had an incredible comeback last year to beat this team. Down 19-10 in the 4th quarter and was able to pull it out by barely escaping thanks to a long Justin Tucker FG attempt that was barely missed. Against a Ravens team that was depleted at WR and RB, and basically had just Lamar and Andrews as weapons.  It was a great game to attend in person, and one of many exciting comebacks from last year...Raiders, Cowboys, Titans, and Chargers.  That being said, we only have one comeback victory this year. One. The season opener.  More often than not, this year we are relying on getting ahead and then holding off comebacks from the opponent.  However, this year Lamar is throwing the ball better, and is always a threat to run. His WR group is better, and healthy.  His RBs are healthy.  Our defense has played poorly the last 2 weeks, particularly the secondary.  We have gotten behind early.  Our O line is worse than last year.  Ravens lead the league in sacks. I dont see many matchups in this game that clearly favor us.  Unless we play error free ball and can get a turnover or two, i see us losing by at least 2 scores, maybe more.  It could be a 49ers type of loss.

It’s shaping up to be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags take the lead early and never look back, coast for the win.

If our D comes out playing as they have for the past two games, stick a fork in us now.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...Q2Hxw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-15-2023, 03:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...Q2Hxw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yep and that's the story of every team in this league as well.

Must say I'm worried about this Ravens game.

Feel it could get real bad if we don't get a good start

(12-15-2023, 05:16 PM)WYjagsfan Wrote: Must say I'm worried about this Ravens game.

Honestly, I foresee walking out of the stadium disappointed. The O line is trash, so the run game is greatly diminished, Trevor is hobbled and rushed, the WRs are lost, and the defense has fallen off a cliff. Plus, we're playing at home on prime time. Usually that's a bonus for teams, but not this one. 

sigh

Think positive thoughts...

Cisco and Campbell out. Ouch.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...ipo=images]

antinio johnson has looked good in his little action he had last two weeks. having Agnew back on PR and KR means Washington can worry about just Receiving not special Teams.

i have faith we usually play Balt tough just like PItts.

(12-15-2023, 05:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...18406?s=20

Call me crazy, but, I am honestly looking forward to seeing more Johnson/Wingard along with Brown in the secondary. Campbell has not been the same player earlier this year and late last year. Since the hamstring injury he's been a different player for us. I hope it's just that and not something else but he was on one hell of a roll at some point not too long ago. 

Wingard has a tendency to make a play on the football and Johnson has basically done the same thing more than once this year already. These are the kinds of games these guys should look at as big time opportunities to increase their leverage in extensions or even trade value with a chance to start elsewhere if needed in Wingard's case.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-15-2023, 06:40 PM)icey14 Wrote: antinio johnson has looked good in his little action he had last two weeks.  having Agnew back on PR and KR means Washington can worry about just Receiving not special Teams.

i have faith we usually play Balt tough just like PItts.

I think we're leading the all-time head-to-hear series now by one game. I think it's 13 - 12 or something like that. This is a tough game. Should hopefully be the last one of the gauntlet. If they win? We'll see a nice little positive shift in the mainstream media with a good narrative towards the team. If we lose? It is what it is. Have to beat teams like Tampa Bay, Carolina and tennessee though for sure. 

Going to come down mental toughness here. Everybody's banged up. Everybody's tired. Everybody's playing hurt or has something to prove or fight for this late in the season. Some of these guys will be on a different roster next year, so, have to make due with your limited time here in Jacksonville to earn your next paycheck. Looking forward to it. I hope we win, the greediness in me wants this team to have more primetime spots next year. 

I want Jacksonville to be forced into the national spotlight. I think we're getting the AFC East and NFC North next year. It'll be a pisser if one of our games with the tinhorns doesn't end up on SNF. The Bills, Dolphins and Lions easily constitute primetime consideration and you could make a case for the Jets as well if Rodgers plans on coming back seeking his redemption song.

Like I said hope for the best, but expect 8-6.

Tampa is the key game. That to me is going to indicate if this team can avoid a late season collapse or if they are running on fumes

(12-15-2023, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 05:16 PM)WYjagsfan Wrote: Must say I'm worried about this Ravens game.

Honestly, I foresee walking out of the stadium disappointed. The O line is trash, so the run game is greatly diminished, Trevor is hobbled and rushed, the WRs are lost, and the defense has fallen off a cliff. Plus, we're playing at home on prime time. Usually that's a bonus for teams, but not this one. 

sigh

I'm so down this game Im having a hard time going, it's going to get out late. Last Monday night game I got home at 2am. I took Tuesday off no big but I can't take Mondays off. So I'm gonna go get home at 2am and have to be back in orange park by 630am ugh
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 08:56 PM by SamusAranX.)

(12-15-2023, 08:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Honestly, I foresee walking out of the stadium disappointed. The O line is trash, so the run game is greatly diminished, Trevor is hobbled and rushed, the WRs are lost, and the defense has fallen off a cliff. Plus, we're playing at home on prime time. Usually that's a bonus for teams, but not this one. 

sigh

I'm so down this game Im having a hard time going, it's going to get out late. Last Monday night game I got home at 2am. I took Tuesday off no big but I can't take Mondays off. So I'm gonna go get home at 2am and have to be back in orange park by 630am ugh

Don’t worry you can leave at halftime Wink

(12-15-2023, 08:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 08:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm so down this game Im having a hard time going, it's going to get out late. Last Monday night game I got home at 2am. I took Tuesday off no big but I can't take Mondays off. So I'm gonna go get home at 2am and have to be back in orange park by 630am ugh

Don’t worry you can leave at halftime Wink

I've never left early but if this one is ugly at halftime it might be the first time I do
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-11-2023, 06:36 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Been a weird season, they say we have the toughest schedule based on records but dont feel like we have played many good teams outside of SF and maybe the chiefs?

If the season ended today, the Jaguars' 13 games would include 6 games against teams that made the playoffs and another 6 games against teams that only missed the playoffs because of a tie breaker.

(12-15-2023, 05:38 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Cisco and Campbell out. Ouch.

Better than playing them when they look a step slow and not ready

(12-15-2023, 05:38 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Cisco and Campbell out. Ouch.

I'd rather see Johnson get playing time anyway.  Campbell and Cisco looked terrible coming back from injury,  if this is indeed a playoff team I'd rather have them back at full strength.