Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Team Struggles

Clearly, injuries have caused some of these issues. With that said, every team is dealing with injuries this time of years. We just got spanked by 2 3rd string QB's so we can't make the injury excuse. When the back up to the backup spanks us there is no excuse. Team issues that need to be addressed before I see this team taking it to the next level. Could we get really hot and push for a SB? It is possible but very unlikely. Multiple issues with the ball club right now

Offensive line is garbage: Average without the injuries and horrendous in it's current state. Pass and Run blocking issues on every other play. 

Can't run the Ball: ETN is averaging like 3 yards a carry the past 4 or 5 games.  The line just lets defenders plow through at once.

Because of run struggles the team is consistently in 3rd and long situations. 

Pass Rush is extremely bi-polar. A times the opposing QB has 5+ seconds in the pocket.  

Blown coverages are too common with this team. People get more open on the Jaguars than Jaguars players ever get open.  Yesterday tight ends were running unguarded down the field.  The first TD there was nobody on the tight end.

Trevor's Clock is sped up because he can't trust the Line.  Take his First int for yesterday for example. If he waited a 1/2 second he had a man dragging underneath wide open. Instead he heave's it downfield hoping the receiver can make a play.  Lawrence is young but he too often makes the game harder than it needs to be. I just wish he would learn to take the easy stuff more often.

Pederson is getting too cute with the play calling. Like going for that 2 point try on the last drive was a real head scratcher.  I get it he is highly aggressive but at times it doesn't make any sense.

Caldwell's defense has been exposed.  Since the 49er game this defense has just been torched. I think Shanahan found an exploit and exposed something about this defense. For gods sake we are having 3rd string QB's dropping over 300yards on us in back to back weeks. This does not happen to good teams.

Ridley is not the answer for a number 1 receiver:  Make any excuse you want but cannot see how The Jags can give both a 2nd round pick and a big contract for the production displayed on the field. He could become that guy with more time but it makes no sense to take that gamble on hoping he comes back to being the player he use to be.

I am a firm believer of the old Bill Parcell's saying that "it all starts up front."  This team is struggling at both offensive and defensive lines.  The team is beat up but even at full strength they aren't great.  It's hard to see this team making a deep playoff push with how both lines are performing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's pretty accurate.

i think the main struggles are Oline, they are not holding blocks long enough to develop anything longer than 2 secs. against good Defenses., the Run blocking has been issues all year but when you have a lead and you can keep running trying to make something happen and get the play action going.

the biggest issue i think this team has is the Faith that we were getting a 1400 yard receiver in Ridley instead we got wayfair model. Parker Washington showed more moxy on that that TD catch he made than Ridley has all year. Zay still isn't fully recovered you can see when he's running. and Kirk injured, Relying on Ridley to run the right route right now is a 50/50 crap shoot.

this team needs to play with more moxy and want it. not expect a Guy on other team to drop the ball or throw a int. Trevor kept us in the game yesterday, but 3 plays that lost us this game. the deep shot uncovered to Njoku, the Crosser that goes for 45 on 4th and 1, and the no call on Pass interference on Zay that he would of taken to the house.

Refs let alot of things go yesterday but plays like that the refs have to all it was a impact that they missed to call. the Defender knew he was beat and held to stop a TD. good for them the Refs didn't call it but bad for us cause Trevor through it right where it needed to be. and this has been all year so many drops or misses cause of holding not called or receiver dropping the ball.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 04:09 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Really surprised Cle ended up with only 89 yards rushing. It felt like they were gouging us all game

(12-11-2023, 03:22 PM)icey14 Wrote: i think the main struggles are Oline, they are not holding blocks long enough to develop anything longer than 2 secs. against good Defenses.,  the Run blocking has been issues all year but when you have a lead and you can keep running trying to make something happen and get the play action going.

the biggest issue i think this team has is the Faith that we were getting a 1400 yard receiver in Ridley instead we got wayfair model.  Parker Washington showed more moxy on that that TD catch he made than Ridley has all year.  Zay still isn't fully recovered you can see when he's running.  and Kirk injured,  Relying on Ridley to run the right route right now is a 50/50 crap shoot.

this team needs to play with more moxy and want it.  not expect a Guy on other team to drop the ball or throw a int.  Trevor kept us in the game yesterday, but 3 plays that lost us this game.  the deep shot uncovered to Njoku, the Crosser that goes for 45 on 4th and 1,  and the no call on Pass interference on Zay that he would of taken to the house. 

Refs let alot of things go yesterday but plays like that the refs have to all it was a impact that they missed to call.  the Defender knew he was beat and held to stop a TD.  good for them the Refs didn't call it but bad for us cause Trevor through it right where it needed to be.  and this has been all year so many drops or misses cause of holding not called or receiver dropping the ball.

Yet we didn't try to match the physicality knowing it was being allowed
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Starts in the trenches. It's a lot easier for your opponents to gameplan and scheme against you when they know you can't rush the passer and collapse the pocket consistently on defense and you can't give your QB more than maybe 2 seconds in the pocket to throw on average.

The team struggles because the talent evaluators, the scouting department, the general manager and coaching staff all collectively [BLEEP] the bed over the last two years. We're behind this year. We'll be behind next year as well with the extensions to dole out.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...QwiCA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-11-2023, 04:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...QwiCA&s=19

Josh Allen at 25 Mill per year?  I think I mentioned that...  Middle of the road Rusher, a home town favorite.  Sign him, but not to 30+ million.  I'm sure he'd accept a 25-29 Mill Contract with incentives and a signing bonus.

No matter how much you like Josh Allen, he's not a game changer to the capacity that warrants a 30+ Mill contract.  But he's someone that we should target with incentives and signing bonuses to keep him here.  He's a good vet that can help the D line become special over time.  You don't get rid of a talent like Allen.  But you don't throw all your money at him either.

(12-11-2023, 04:51 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 04:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...QwiCA&s=19

Josh Allen at 25 Mill per year?  I think I mentioned that...  Middle of the road Rusher, a home town favorite.  Sign him, but not to 30+ million.  I'm sure he'd accept a 25-29 Mill Contract with incentives and a signing bonus.

No matter how much you like Josh Allen, he's not a game changer to the capacity that warrants a 30+ Mill contract.  But he's someone that we should target with incentives and signing bonuses to keep him here.  He's a good vet that can help the D line become special over time.  You don't get rid of a talent like Allen.  But you don't throw all your money at him either.
25M per year would set the market or close to top of the market at the outside backer position. It's beyond fair.

Wait just a minute.  You were at $10-15 mil a while back and recently mea culpa'd that take with "ok, $20 mil but no more." and kinda still stuck your nose up at it and him and now you're ok with $25-29M and $30M+ is your line in the sand?  You said he's not a top 10 guy like 2 days ago.  And now you want to pay him Bosa, Watt, Garrett money?  Dude, you are all over the map.

"You don't get rid of a talent like Allen. But you don't throw all your money at him either." 

What does this even mean given your new acceptable salary range?

(12-11-2023, 04:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 04:51 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Josh Allen at 25 Mill per year?  I think I mentioned that...  Middle of the road Rusher, a home town favorite.  Sign him, but not to 30+ million.  I'm sure he'd accept a 25-29 Mill Contract with incentives and a signing bonus.

25M per year would set the market or close to top of the market at the outside backer position. It's beyond fair.

So you give Josh Allen 25M for a couple years and then let his contract tapper off so that you can then pay Walker 30M+ when his contract is up.  I'm good with that.

I'd just like to make sure we have enough to also keep the rest of the squad.  Oloukun needs to be re-singed.  I'd hate to see him go.  Campbell needs consideration too.  Cisco has proven his worth.  And let's face it, our Interior D Line is getting old, so we're gonna have to consider that, even whole we have to focus on the Offensive Line.

Jesus, the window of having a cheap QB and paying for other things is closing.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 07:59 PM by Marcos25067. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't think we are going to cut Zay, and I personaly like him not only on the field but as a locker room guy as well. I can see we cutting Agnew next year

(12-11-2023, 07:35 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote:

I don't think we are going to cut Zay, and I personaly like him not only on the field but as a locker room guy as well. I can see we cutting Agnew this next year

Yep, sign him back to a 3 year deal

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 08:39 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Does anyone else think that we are missing Marvin Jones as a steady and calming veteran presence for that WR group? We just seem horribly out of sync at WR, even with this years OL and before all the injuries. Last years OL wasnt much better as i recall.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Oline hasn't changed much, but we stayed healthy on Oline last year so we had better production due to them playing the same 5 pretty much all year. same with this year. what we should do is move shatley to Center as he is a better center than fortner, but the team doesn't want to give up on him yet.

little is playing to Big as Tony B says, he plays too high and easy to get pushed off the line, he needs to bend more at the jump.

clevland is really good at either T or LG.

fix the oline and we will be much better.

LOL, you mentioned him at $10 to $15. "Give him $29 but not $30!" Lol. Don't be an idiot, your own words crucify you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-11-2023, 08:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Does anyone else think that we are missing Marvin Jones as a steady and calming veteran presence for that WR group?  We just seem horribly out of sync at WR, even with this years OL and before all the injuries.  Last years OL wasnt much better as i recall.

No. Vic used to laugh at the whole “mentorship” concept and I do to. 

What we do miss is that he ran steady, reliable routes, and made game breaking plays at times. It’s what we need Ridley to do and he’s not doing it consistently

(12-12-2023, 11:40 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 08:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Does anyone else think that we are missing Marvin Jones as a steady and calming veteran presence for that WR group?  We just seem horribly out of sync at WR, even with this years OL and before all the injuries.  Last years OL wasnt much better as i recall.

No. Vic used to laugh at the whole “mentorship” concept and I do to. 

What we do miss is that he ran steady, reliable routes, and made game breaking plays at times. It’s what we need Ridley to do and he’s not doing it consistently
Yup.

It's week 15 and he is still running the wrong route, not finishing routes and does not have reliable hands. All the rust should be gone by this point.

Obviously the Oline has to be better (this board has been banging that drum for years) but so does Ridley and Zay.

(12-12-2023, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 11:40 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: No. Vic used to laugh at the whole “mentorship” concept and I do to. 

Yup.

It's week 15 and he is still running the wrong route, not finishing routes and does not have reliable hands. All the rust should be gone by this point.

Obviously the Oline has to be better (this board has been banging that drum for years) but so does Ridley and Zay.

I’m going to give zay a mulligan as he still may be playing through his injury.

Don’t we give up a 2nd round pick if we re-sign Ridley?

(12-12-2023, 12:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Don’t we give up a 2nd round pick if we re-sign Ridley?

Depends on the circumstance and when. It's as high as a 2 and as low as a 5.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato