Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 15

(12-15-2023, 01:59 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They're a year behind on this. It's a shame really. They could have maybe hired Sean Payton, Demeco Ryans or Shane Steichen. The latter of which worked with Herbert already in 2020 and Hurts in Philadelphia and he looks like he's doing a good job in our division given the circumstances with Richardson and Minshew. 

That defense in particular has too much talent at each level to be as bad as they've been over the past few years. Feels like a prime location for Belichick to swoop on in for with an already established QB and all he would have to do is fix their defense, make better decisions mid game and try not to [BLEEP] up the draft too much.

Someone with a proven track record as an NFL HC, with Bill Belichick at or near the top of the list, would seem like a better fit than an Assistant Coach without NFL HC experience.  

If I were in the position of Lions Offensive Coordinator Ben Johnson or any young potential NFL HC candidate who's an Assistant HC without proven winning HC experience, I would turn down any HC offer from the LA Chargers.  This is even in factoring in the LA Chargers have a highly talented QB with Justin Herbert. Between the Chargers ownership being problematic, a bad salary cap situation, and the Chargers not having a home field advantage, this isn't a favorable situation for a HC.

Yeah. It's a mess out West for sure. How you been, man? Good to see Detroit getting back into some winning habits. I really like that team they've put together up there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-15-2023, 02:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 01:59 PM)D6 Wrote: Someone with a proven track record as an NFL HC, with Bill Belichick at or near the top of the list, would seem like a better fit than an Assistant Coach without NFL HC experience.  

If I were in the position of Lions Offensive Coordinator Ben Johnson or any young potential NFL HC candidate who's an Assistant HC without proven winning HC experience, I would turn down any HC offer from the LA Chargers.  This is even in factoring in the LA Chargers have a highly talented QB with Justin Herbert. Between the Chargers ownership being problematic, a bad salary cap situation, and the Chargers not having a home field advantage, this isn't a favorable situation for a HC.

Yeah. It's a mess out West for sure. How you been, man? Good to see Detroit getting back into some winning habits. I really like that team they've put together up there.

Thanks!  

I see a lot of similarities with the Lions and Jaguars. While both teams haven't been playing as well of late, compared to earlier in the season, I'm confident that both fan bases on a consensus basis would have signed before the season, to be in their respective positions in the standings.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 04:20 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2023, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 01:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Chargers are cleaning house. Staley and the GM gone. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/chargers-fire-h...llowing-bl

They're a year behind on this. It's a shame really. They could have maybe hired Sean Payton, Demeco Ryans or Shane Steichen. The latter of which worked with Herbert already in 2020 and Hurts in Philadelphia and he looks like he's doing a good job in our division given the circumstances with Richardson and Minshew. 

That defense in particular has too much talent at each level to be as bad as they've been over the past few years. Feels like a prime location for Belichick to swoop on in for with an already established QB and all he would have to do is fix their defense, make better decisions mid game and try not to [BLEEP] up the draft too much.

This is so right on. The upcoming hires will be interesting. Im still not conviced the current ownership will avoid Chargering this up. The GM hire will say a lot.

With Herbert taking up a significant part of the cap, i can see them going young offensive experience with a HC. Maybe Kliff Kingsbury? He's used to dysfunctional franchises and did pretty well considering. Plus they can probably get him on the cheap, which is what the Spanos family has been all about.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-15-2023, 03:33 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They're a year behind on this. It's a shame really. They could have maybe hired Sean Payton, Demeco Ryans or Shane Steichen. The latter of which worked with Herbert already in 2020 and Hurts in Philadelphia and he looks like he's doing a good job in our division given the circumstances with Richardson and Minshew. 

This is so right on. The upcoming hires will be interesting.  Im still not conviced the current ownership will avoid Chargering this up.  The GM hire will say a lot.

Yeah. I keep hearing that about the Spanos family. Maybe they give Philadelphia a ring and ask for Dave Caldwell. Maybe he's learned something up there and is ready to give it another go as GM. 

Just doesn't seem like they're well liked in the NFL community, so, as funny as that sentence above might sound? It's probably a legitimate possibility.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I agree Belichick could help the Chargers. He could there try to repeat what Brady did in Tampa Bay and win a Super Bowl. That would make sense so it reduces the chance their owner would do that. Besides that would cost a fortune as they would have to keep the roof closed in SOFI and the temp down so Bill could wear his hoodie.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 07:20 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2023, 07:13 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I agree Belichick could help the Chargers.  He could there try to repeat what Brady did in Tampa Bay and win a Super Bowl.  That would make sense so it reduces the chance their owner would do that.  Besides  that would cost a fortune as they would have to keep the roof closed in SOFI and the temp down so Bill could wear his hoodie.

LOL.  Brady made Belichick.

Herbert is not Brady.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Three games on today. Good match up's as well.

Vikings & Bengals
clots & Steelers
Broncos & Lions

All 7 - 6 with the exception of the Lions at 9 - 4.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Might have OT with this game knotted up at 24 each.

Mullens two costly turnovers were the difference. Left 6 off the board I think.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Got to give the Bengals some credit. Rough start to the year, looked to be getting back on track then Burrow goes down. Their season looked over but they've really rallied together and are fighting back into playoff contention.

Incredible play by Higgins for the TD. I'd love him here.

Some team is going to trade way too much for Browning this off season.

Guys done great to be honest.

(12-16-2023, 05:25 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Some team is going to trade way too much for Browning this off season.

Let's see if he comes to earth a bit after teams have some tape on him. Sometimes that takes 4 or 5 weeks. 
Browning has to face the chefs and browns pretty soon. 

He has been impressive though, no doubt.

(12-16-2023, 05:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-16-2023, 05:25 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Some team is going to trade way too much for Browning this off season.

Let's see if he comes to earth a bit after teams have some tape on him. Sometimes that takes 4 or 5 weeks. 
Browning has to face the chefs and browns pretty soon. 

He has been impressive though, no doubt.

He's got a great cast of players around him which certainly helps. I think the Bengals have found away to use him where he is effective but may struggle if it's on him to make things happen if you know what I mean. I do think teams overlook the Bengals once Burrow went down and saw them as W on the schedule but they are fighting.

I agree with you about tape on him and teams seeing what the Bengals are doing to make it easier for him and he has some tough games coming up.

Go Steelers

New plan ... root for the Colts, Titans and Texans to lose out...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Let's go steelers

Damn, that was brutal.

Montgomery out here looking like Calvin Ridley.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How is Trubisky still being paid by teams to be an NFL QB? Crazy how some guys get chance after chance.

Minshew with the hat trick.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023, 07:38 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(12-16-2023, 07:08 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: How is Trubisky still being paid by teams to be an NFL QB? Crazy how some guys get chance after chance.

And somehow guys like Minshew never get a true shot to be a franchise QB. GMs are too egocentric in their analysis of players/draft position. Minshew is certainly deserving of another chance to start somewhere, one of the best backup QBs in the NFL. Should have 5 passing TDs, 2 drops in the end zone.