Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Ravens Gameday***

15 years….. That’s how long it’s been since the Jaguars played football on Sunday Night. The Jaguars have a 4-4 record at home on SNF as they face off in primetime against the Ravens.

The Jaguars will have to keep Lamar Jackson in check if they want to win this ball game, as he currently leads them in rushing yards this season.

TE Evan Engram needs 1 reception to lead the league in catches among Tight Ends. Engram is also 2nd in yards for TEs.

A win would give the Jaguars their 198th regular season win in franchise history. The Jaguars are 13-10 against the Ravens all-time. 

Let’s go get this dub!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully this damn monsoon is over with and done for the day.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Well home teams are 4-0 so far this week. That has to count for something right? Wet field would be a good equalizer (hopefully) to help slow down Lamar.

(12-17-2023, 08:09 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Well home teams are 4-0 so far this week.  That has to count for something right?  Wet field would be a good equalizer (hopefully) to help slow down Lamar.

I hope so. We might need the wet turf monster to show up a few times tonight in this one.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-17-2023, 08:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 08:09 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Well home teams are 4-0 so far this week.  That has to count for something right?  Wet field would be a good equalizer (hopefully) to help slow down Lamar.

I hope so. We might need the wet turf monster to show up a few times tonight in this one.

Broken ankels all day

Hopefully they brought extra sticky spray for our QB and RBs

Our plucky band of warriors began their trilogy to the North in good spirits. But after their first battle, the team lay broken and defeated. King Lawrence surviving an assassination attempt and injuries throughout. The hobbled heroes went in to Cleveland and fought valiantly, King Lawrence on one leg but mistakes and the old wizard Flacco bringing defeat once again.

Now there are murmurs amongst the followers, maybe our generals are making mistakes, maybe our army isn't strong enough, can we overcome the mighty dark crows?

As with any good trilogy, all hope looks lost until the final chapter and that's when the heroes show their true potential and win.

Tonight is that night boys. Go Jags!!!

What is, hopefully, the last deluge of rain just passed through. The field should have most of the day to dry up.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 09:13 AM by americus 2.0.)

(12-17-2023, 08:30 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Our plucky band of warriors began their trilogy to the North in good spirits. But after their first battle, the team lay broken and defeated. King Lawrence surviving an assassination attempt and injuries throughout. The hobbled heroes went in to Cleveland and fought valiantly, King Lawrence on one leg but mistakes and the old wizard Flacco bringing defeat once again.

Now there are murmurs amongst the followers, maybe our generals are making mistakes, maybe our army isn't strong enough, can we overcome the mighty dark crows?

As with any good trilogy, all hope looks lost until the final chapter and that's when the heroes show their true potential and win.

It's time to conquer Modor.

(12-17-2023, 08:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What is, hopefully, the last deluge of rain just passed through. The field should have most of the day to dry up.

I was wondering how well the field will hold up after all that rain. We're getting it now and should be with us the next 18 hours or so. 

I told my husband we'll pull out the generator for the game if power goes out. Lol.

(12-17-2023, 07:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Hopefully this damn monsoon is over with and done for the day.

still raining on the Southside where I'm at 

should clear by 1pm

(12-17-2023, 10:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 07:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Hopefully this damn monsoon is over with and done for the day.

still raining on the Southside where I'm at 

should clear by 1pm

Yeah. I live on Kernan. Working from home today. It just picked back up over here.

(12-17-2023, 08:30 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Our plucky band of warriors began their trilogy to the North in good spirits. But after their first battle, the team lay broken and defeated. King Lawrence surviving an assassination attempt and injuries throughout. The hobbled heroes went in to Cleveland and fought valiantly, King Lawrence on one leg but mistakes and the old wizard Flacco bringing defeat once again.

Bro this was crazy cool! I was in 300 mode the entire read.

Biggest thing in this one tonight, for me, is to see how the Jags play a premier team after the way they played vs the niners and bengals.

Will they play more disciplined defense and limit the dumb mistakes?
Will the offense find a way to execute more cleanly despite battling through likely poor line play?
Gotta tighten up on the dumb stuff.

They need to at least look like they can play near mistake free football for 60 minutes even if they can't keep up in the end.
They'll need that type of ability if they scrape into the playoffs and I'd call that (playoffs) a likely outcome as things stand.

Let’s go JJ’s.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Really need the W tonight to stop this slide.

Important game for us today. I think this is a true test. I doubt we win, but I hope I’m wrong.

(12-17-2023, 09:09 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

It's time to conquer Modor.

(12-17-2023, 08:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What is, hopefully, the last deluge of rain just passed through. The field should have most of the day to dry up.

I was wondering how well the field will hold up after all that rain. We're getting it now and should be with us the next 18 hours or so. 

I told my husband we'll pull out the generator for the game if power goes out. Lol.
NFL field with great drainage system. I don't remember the #s but the field can withstand a lot of rain. The stadium would be more of a worry with the 3" overnight.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-17-2023, 10:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Bro this was crazy cool! I was in 300 mode the entire read.

This is DUUUVAAAAALLLL!

We havent looked good as of late but with a win tonight could be the type of win that could change our season. Defense has to do a 180

Hope we aren't waiting all day for another prime time disappointment. With the way things have been going in the NFL this year, this would be the game the Jaguars win.. but also not surprised if we just get demolished. If we lose we'll have the same record as the Colts. Obviously we have the tie breaker with h2h victories, but that is an unnerving feeling.

Hopefully there’s a strong showing of Jags fans tonight.