Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Ravens Gameday***

(12-18-2023, 12:24 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:22 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Dammit. Another one we gave away. Frustrating but as bad as it feels, we still lead the South and still control our destiny. This was a rough stretch and injuries and mistakes just killed us. It's all on us and it's things we can fix. It's up to the coaches and players and pulling together.

We really need a W just to get some positivity going again. We have a great chance to turn this around and get a W streak going.

3 games to go. Just win each regardless of what happens.

Our stretch of games have been brutal but the next 3 are all very winnable games. We do so much right but leave too many points on the field and the mistakes we make are absolute killers. We can fix that but we need to fix it.

This team can go 2 ways. Let the season spiral and throw away all their hard work or rally together and start performing. Doug and the staff need a solid week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2023, 12:26 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:24 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Or Pederson needs to be fired. Just hire some coaching from Baltimore and were instantly better.

Doug has shown that he does not know how to build a coaching staff around him

And you've shown you just a troll who has no clue what is going on.

Another loser fan that accepts mediocrity for his "favorite" team he watches on Sundays.

Hate fans like you. Do better.

Pain

Jim bob cooter was the general behind a good offensive

(12-18-2023, 12:25 AM)Protozoa Wrote: My biggest worry is Doug is going to dig his heels in on Press and the only way there's a change at OC is if there is a change at HC which would suck.
He has supposedly already done it in Philly.

This loss, outside of how it happened, was expected. Next week is a game that if they lose, changes have to be made.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:32 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

The only positive takeaway I'm getting from this game is the defense has found some of it's mojo and is competing again.  Offense (especially Lawrence) are just making bonehead plays at bad times.  McManus was horrible but the Special Teams was alright.  Agnew provided some lift and so did Cooke.  We know losing Kirk was an issue,  but some of these other guys need to step up.  It starts and ends with the QB and he was a buffoon tonight,  careless fumbles.  The past month has been a horrible experience as a Jaguars fan,  liken to the Gus Bradley days.  We're still in the thick of the battle,  but we have to find a way to be better on offense, we aren't scoring nearly enough for a few different reasons.

(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:26 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Any objective human being that was sober enough to watch all the games in 2022 and all the games in 2023 can figure out how much Press Taylor has effected the progress of not just the offense but also Trevor Lawrence.

Trevor Lawrence looks terrible now.  He's regressing.

So just admit it.  We're not the same team we were last year.  And to be honest, we should be better.  The coaches have failed this team.  If Pederson is going to hold on to Press, then let's just get rid of the entire staff and get Trevor Lawrence a real HC that can develop him.  Otherwise, we're looking at a Jeff George situation here...

Yup. The 3 changes on offense are adding Ridley, Harrison at RT and Press calling plays. You don't have to be  a genius to understand which of those 3 things has the biggest impact.

Facts to the 100th power

(12-18-2023, 12:21 AM)CSTblank Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:20 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Some changes need to be happening.

This team was supposed to be BETTER than last year. 3 losses in a row are unacceptable

San Francisco lost 3 in a row.....

(12-18-2023, 12:22 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Dammit. Another one we gave away. Frustrating but as bad as it feels, we still lead the South and still control our destiny. This was a rough stretch and injuries and mistakes just killed us. It's all on us and it's things we can fix. It's up to the coaches and players and pulling together.

We really need a W just to get some positivity going again. We have a great chance to turn this around and get a W streak going.

The thing is, we're not fixing it. We keep doing the same thing over and over. We keep saying something needs to be worked on but obviously it's not being done. 

Two very obvious things are different from last year. Taylor is calling plays and Ridley is on the team. Take those away and are we the same offensively? Likely. Last season the offense was tight and had a rhythm that is not there this season. Press Taylor couldn't play call his way out of his office. 

I'm not normally legit pessimistic about this team. More like annoyed when things go sideways, but I'm really not seeing anything positive right now.

(12-18-2023, 12:30 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:25 AM)Protozoa Wrote: My biggest worry is Doug is going to dig his heels in on Press and the only way there's a change at OC is if there is a change at HC which would suck.
He has supposedly already done it in Philly.

This loss, outside of how it happened, was expected. Next week is a game that if they lose, changes have to be made.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We can’t afford to lose the next game in Tampa.

(12-17-2023, 11:47 PM)Newton Wrote: Pederson is a great coach. We went from literally the worst in the league to playoff contender immediately. Don’t focus the anger at the wrong target lol.

Thanks for bringing some sense to this topic!

(12-18-2023, 12:32 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:21 AM)CSTblank Wrote: This team was supposed to be BETTER than last year. 3 losses in a row are unacceptable

You just can't stop. How dumb are you? Do you even watch football?

(12-18-2023, 12:21 AM)CSTblank Wrote: This team was supposed to be BETTER than last year. 3 losses in a row are unacceptable

We are not SF. If THIS team makes the playoffs it’ll be an early exit.

(12-18-2023, 12:31 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The only positive takeaway I'm getting from this game is the defense has found some of it's mojo and is competing again.  Offense (especially Lawrence) are just making bonehead plays at bad times.  McManus was horrible but the Special Teams was alright.  Agnew provided some lift and so did Cooke.  We know losing Kirk was an issue,  but some of these other guys need to step up.  It starts and ends with the QB and he was a buffoon tonight,  careless fumbles.  The past month has been a horrible experience as a Jaguars fan,  liken to the Gus Bradley days.  We're still in the thick of the battle,  but we have to find a way to be better on offense,  we aren't scoring nearly enough for a few different reasons.

And this is why Trevor needs to get out and get a fresh start somewhere else.

(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:26 AM)Protozoa Wrote: And you've shown you just a troll who has no clue what is going on.

Another loser fan that accepts mediocrity for his "favorite" team he watches on Sundays.

Hate fans like you. Do better.

Lol fans like you who want to burn it all down every year are the reason the browns were the factory of sadness. Everything you have said reeks of emotional knee jerk reactions with zero logic applied.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

What's your point? SF is head and shoulders better than us....

(12-18-2023, 12:25 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: We're all disappointed by how this game (and season) are turning out- especially since things looked so promising about 4 weeks ago. But seriously, what else should we have expected.? Our offensive line was bad to begin the season and then lost some key players. The team's best receiver and Trevor's " go to" guy injures his groin and misses several games. It's obvious the talent level is just not on a par with the 49 er's and Ravens. Doug Peterson and Trevor Lawrence are not to blame for how this season is turning out, although both have made some obvious mistakes. There are very few other coaches and quarterbacks I'd rather have than these two.

Last year, everything went just right following mid-season. The team had very few key injuries and pulled out game after game with miraculous finishes. I still expect Lawrence to take this team to at least one Super Bowl and look forward to seeing the continued improvement of Travon Walker and Devin Lloyd, to name just two of the emerging players. Our frustration is understandable since we have had to endure so many terrible seasons, but at least we have the quarterback and coach lacking during those desperate times. If Baalke can make better choices in next year's draft and solidify the OL, they should be legitimate contenders in 2024-25.

Brilliant post. This team is young and hasn't really been 'built'. We spent a ton in FA and cobbled together a team that went on a magical run. Repeating this year would have been an achievement but some act like we should be winning the SB. The Niners, Chiefs, Eagles etc have been building those teams for years. We are starting that journey and are building it and we have some good pieces but we are still a long way from being a legit SB contender. I'm happy with playoffs and you never know what happens.

But this team, after so many years of being so so bad is turning a corner. We're becoming a competitor in the AFC and that's actual progress.

(12-18-2023, 12:32 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

The thing is, we're not fixing it. We keep doing the same thing over and over. We keep saying something needs to be worked on but obviously it's not being done. 

Two very obvious things are different from last year. Taylor is calling plays and Ridley is on the team. Take those away and are we the same offensively? Likely. Last season the offense was tight and had a rhythm that is not there this season. Press Taylor couldn't play call his way out of his office. 

I'm not normally legit pessimistic about this team. More like annoyed when things go sideways, but I'm really not seeing anything positive right now.

What’s really odd is that the “Press Taylor has to be my OC” is the hill Doug died on in Philly. Why does Doug have such unreasonable loyalty to this man??

(12-18-2023, 12:32 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

You articulated it in a way I couldn’t say it. 

If there isn’t an announcement tomorrow that Taylor has been relieved of play calling duties, stick a fork in it. We’re cooked

If this team is a subpar play off team? Then next Sunday's game is a must win. As are the last two weeks.

You lost to the Chiefs, tinhorns, 49ers, Bengals, Browns and Ravens. On paper? That's forgiveable in my opinion.

Those teams have more complete rosters and better overall defenses and running games. It's fair.

BUT... you cannot lose these next three games. You just can't. That was the last toughest team on the schedule. The gauntlet is over.

You have to scrape up 11 wins now, limp into the play offs and hope for the best, but, yes, changes need to be made in the off season.

It's the only way this team goes a step further. Coaching staff changes, ball security on offense, line play in general and 1st down and 3rd down effectiveness need to improve.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."