Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Ravens Gameday***

(12-18-2023, 12:24 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:21 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: First change is Pederson needs to take back over the offense

Or Pederson needs to be fired. Just hire some coaching from Baltimore and were instantly better.

Doug has shown that he does not know how to build a coaching staff around him

Moron he took a 1-15 team to the second round of the playoffs last year.....3-7 to win the division.....and currently has a winning record.... You're obviously a tacks fan or have no clue....you pick... it's past your bedtime

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fred Taylor said on the radio the team is lost and he doesn't know how they fix it.

I feel the same way. The coaches have lost the team and nothing is working.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:26 AM)Protozoa Wrote: And you've shown you just a troll who has no clue what is going on.

Another loser fan that accepts mediocrity for his "favorite" team he watches on Sundays.

Hate fans like you. Do better.

You sure do have a hateful [BLEEP] for Pederson.

(12-18-2023, 12:35 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:25 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: We're all disappointed by how this game (and season) are turning out- especially since things looked so promising about 4 weeks ago. But seriously, what else should we have expected.? Our offensive line was bad to begin the season and then lost some key players. The team's best receiver and Trevor's " go to" guy injures his groin and misses several games. It's obvious the talent level is just not on a par with the 49 er's and Ravens. Doug Peterson and Trevor Lawrence are not to blame for how this season is turning out, although both have made some obvious mistakes. There are very few other coaches and quarterbacks I'd rather have than these two.

Last year, everything went just right following mid-season. The team had very few key injuries and pulled out game after game with miraculous finishes. I still expect Lawrence to take this team to at least one Super Bowl and look forward to seeing the continued improvement of Travon Walker and Devin Lloyd, to name just two of the emerging players. Our frustration is understandable since we have had to endure so many terrible seasons, but at least we have the quarterback and coach lacking during those desperate times. If Baalke can make better choices in next year's draft and solidify the OL, they should be legitimate contenders in 2024-25.

Brilliant post. This team is young and hasn't really been 'built'. We spent a ton in FA and cobbled together a team that went on a magical run. Repeating this year would have been an achievement but some act like we should be winning the SB. The Niners, Chiefs, Eagles etc have been building those teams for years. We are starting that journey and are building it and we have some good pieces but we are still a long way from being a legit SB contender. I'm happy with playoffs and you never know what happens.

But this team, after so many years of being so so bad is turning a corner. We're becoming a competitor in the AFC and that's actual progress.

We’re not becoming a competitor. We’re sliding backwards after an 8-3 start.

This is the first time I've seen us beat ourselves like in the Doug tenure. We've normally been a disciplined, smart, well rounded team. We look like the Blaine Gabbert Jaguars.

(12-18-2023, 12:34 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Another loser fan that accepts mediocrity for his "favorite" team he watches on Sundays.

Lol fans like you who want to burn it all down every year are the reason the browns were the factory of sadness. Everything you have said reeks of emotional knee jerk reactions with zero logic applied.

Zero logic? Look at Doug's past history. He has had a terrible coaching staff around him. He lucked out on a SB with nearly everything handed to him on a silver spoon.

He is a mediocre coach and thats not enough for a young team like Jacksonville Jaguars.

You accept mediocrity because you are programmed like that from all the horrible years in the past. Be better.

(12-18-2023, 12:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: If this team is a subpar play off team? Then next Sunday's game is a must win. As are the last two weeks.

You lost to the Chiefs, tinhorns, 49ers, Bengals, Browns and Ravens. On paper? That's forgiveable in my opinion.

Those teams have more complete rosters and better overall defenses and running games. It's fair.

BUT... you cannot lose these next three games. You just can't. That was the last toughest team on the schedule. The gauntlet is over.

You have to scrape up 11 wins now, limp into the play offs and hope for the best, but, yes, changes need to be made in the off season.

It's the only way this team goes a step further. Coaching staff changes, ball security on offense, line play in general and 1st down and 3rd down effectiveness need to improve.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

The gauntlet isn’t over. Tampa is a potential playoff team who passed up and down the field today

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:40 AM by nejagsfan.)

(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:26 AM)Protozoa Wrote: And you've shown you just a troll who has no clue what is going on.

Another loser fan that accepts mediocrity for his "favorite" team he watches on Sundays.

Dude you have already been exposed.... just leave

(12-18-2023, 12:33 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:32 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: San Francisco lost 3 in a row.....

You just can't stop. How dumb are you? Do you even watch football?

Yeah I watch every week and continuously read your stupid comments every Sunday

(12-18-2023, 12:37 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: This is the first time I've seen us beat ourselves like in the Doug tenure. We've normally been a disciplined, smart, well rounded team. We look like the Blaine Gabbert Jaguars.
We beat ourselves like this in week two and week three.

It happens. Just win these next three and limp into the play offs for a one and done.

Changes need to be made in February.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2023, 12:33 AM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:31 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The only positive takeaway I'm getting from this game is the defense has found some of it's mojo and is competing again.  Offense (especially Lawrence) are just making bonehead plays at bad times.  McManus was horrible but the Special Teams was alright.  Agnew provided some lift and so did Cooke.  We know losing Kirk was an issue,  but some of these other guys need to step up.  It starts and ends with the QB and he was a buffoon tonight,  careless fumbles.  The past month has been a horrible experience as a Jaguars fan,  liken to the Gus Bradley days.  We're still in the thick of the battle,  but we have to find a way to be better on offense,  we aren't scoring nearly enough for a few different reasons.

And this is why Trevor needs to get out and get a fresh start somewhere else.

The trolls are strong today

(12-18-2023, 12:32 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:22 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Dammit. Another one we gave away. Frustrating but as bad as it feels, we still lead the South and still control our destiny. This was a rough stretch and injuries and mistakes just killed us. It's all on us and it's things we can fix. It's up to the coaches and players and pulling together.

We really need a W just to get some positivity going again. We have a great chance to turn this around and get a W streak going.

The thing is, we're not fixing it. We keep doing the same thing over and over. We keep saying something needs to be worked on but obviously it's not being done. 

Two very obvious things are different from last year. Taylor is calling plays and Ridley is on the team. Take those away and are we the same offensively? Likely. Last season the offense was tight and had a rhythm that is not there this season. Press Taylor couldn't play call his way out of his office. 

I'm not normally legit pessimistic about this team. More like annoyed when things go sideways, but I'm really not seeing anything positive right now.

And I get that. I mean the first half of last year we were bad but people put that on Lawrence. This year it's on Press. I don't think it's just down to 1 person or one thing, thers lots of things that are all causing the problems. Oline had struggled, bad playcalling, bad execution, no run game, miscommunication all over the place, you could go on and on.

I agree that there are things we'd hope to see fixed bit haven't and that causes new issues to appear but most teams will go through that. I can't lie that it's a worry we can't seem to find the answer but that's the challenge for HC's.

We still have 3 games to turn this around and if we take care of our business then we're in. That's what gives me optimism.

(12-18-2023, 12:37 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: This is the first time I've seen us  beat ourselves like in the Doug tenure.  We've normally been a disciplined,  smart,  well rounded team.  We look like the Blaine Gabbert Jaguars.

Back to the jag choke days but still competitive.

(12-18-2023, 12:34 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Another loser fan that accepts mediocrity for his "favorite" team he watches on Sundays.

Lol fans like you who want to burn it all down every year are the reason the browns were the factory of sadness. Everything you have said reeks of emotional knee jerk reactions with zero logic applied.

He's not a fan He's a troll

Lawrence needs to start sliding by the way.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:43 AM by nejagsfan.)

(12-18-2023, 12:35 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:32 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: San Francisco lost 3 in a row.....

What's your point? SF is head and shoulders better than us....

Completely missed a point Good teams sometimes lose two three games in a row I know it's like way over your head and hard to comprehend but it does happen....

Guys it's injuries but we had a shot at the number one seed and then we got plagued with injuries It happens

(12-18-2023, 12:37 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:35 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Brilliant post. This team is young and hasn't really been 'built'. We spent a ton in FA and cobbled together a team that went on a magical run. Repeating this year would have been an achievement but some act like we should be winning the SB. The Niners, Chiefs, Eagles etc have been building those teams for years. We are starting that journey and are building it and we have some good pieces but we are still a long way from being a legit SB contender. I'm happy with playoffs and you never know what happens.

But this team, after so many years of being so so bad is turning a corner. We're becoming a competitor in the AFC and that's actual progress.

We’re not becoming a competitor. We’re sliding backwards after an 8-3 start.

We are big picture. We aren't a SB or bust team or the last year of a loaded roster, we're building a roster and guys are earning a spot or a walk out the door.

(12-18-2023, 12:42 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Lawrence needs to start sliding by the way.

He tried to and lost the ball when he started.

(12-18-2023, 12:37 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:34 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Lol fans like you who want to burn it all down every year are the reason the browns were the factory of sadness. Everything you have said reeks of emotional knee jerk reactions with zero logic applied.

Zero logic? Look at Doug's past history. He has had a terrible coaching staff around him. He lucked out on a SB with nearly everything handed to him on a silver spoon.

He is a mediocre coach and thats not enough for a young team like Jacksonville Jaguars.

You accept mediocrity because you are programmed like that from all the horrible years in the past. Be better.

Ok there bud whatever you say. You don't luck out on a superbowl when you win one with a back up against the greatest all time HC and QB.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:50 AM by CSTblank.)

Scrolling through the “internet’s past” I see a lot of complaints from Philly fans about how Doug’s program created a lot of injuries (interesting that we have been so injury plagued here). I see where Doug’s exit was centered around his loyalty to his staff and his reluctance to let other decision makers in on the process. The OC he was willing to lay down for? Press Taylor. The OC he brought with him to Jacksonville? Press Taylor.

It’s just interesting that there are similar issues to his tenure in Philly, and the same OC. This offense is struggling, that fault lies somewhere. This team is saddled with injuries, that fault lies somewhere. The decision making in game, that fault lies somewhere.

I was so hopeful when Doug came on board, but I’m starting to wonder. This regression has to be attributed to someone/someones.

(12-18-2023, 12:44 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:37 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Zero logic? Look at Doug's past history. He has had a terrible coaching staff around him. He lucked out on a SB with nearly everything handed to him on a silver spoon.

Ok there bud whatever you say. You don't luck out on a superbowl when you win one with a back up against the greatest all time HC and QB.

Doug was calling the plays then. When he handed it off to Press the Eagles were much worse. He was fired for not wanting to replace him. 

What’s happening in Jacksonville? :checks notes: team was better with Doug calling plays, offense regressing under Press. It’s hard not to see that there is a correlation here. Why does Doug not want to run the offense when it’s proven to be successful? Why is he so stubborn that Press HAS to be the guy?

I want these questions answered.

(12-18-2023, 12:37 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:34 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Lol fans like you who want to burn it all down every year are the reason the browns were the factory of sadness. Everything you have said reeks of emotional knee jerk reactions with zero logic applied.

[BLEEP] off you troll piece of [BLEEP]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato