Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We’re not ready

I think Pederson is a great coach and I think Trevor is a great QB, despite what the haters say, we are fortunate for these two. 

The Ravens played great, and Lamar really didn’t give our D a chance. He played god tier tonight. I thought our D showed up enough to win. Most of us didn’t think we’d have a shot. Should’ve been at the very least 9-3 at half. 

I KNOW we will make the playoffs, we will win out… but at what cost??? 

We aren’t ready for the big run. We have absolutely no running game. Our interior O AND D line is horrible. Especially our OL, it’s pathetic when you can’t get a yard in the NFL game after game. Travis is doing all he can to make something out of nothing. Trevor is getting absolutely no help. At least our D-Line can sometimes muster up some effort and be disruptive. 

Baalke unfortunately will get another year to draft an undersized LB in the 3-7th and say “Fortner is going to have a great NFL career”. 

It’s a year early, but when we are in the same position next year with Texans and Colts barring down. I will say this:

BAALKE NEEDS TO GO!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:36 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

Khan needs a VP of Football Operations. He is a really good businessman but isn’t football savvy. I seriously doubt he will fire Baalke….but someone needs to.

This team might be a playoff team. But I want a chance at a Super Bowl

Yeah, im pretty much resigned to this now. Even if we get in, i dont see a win the way we are playing at the moment. Not at the level of the top teams. Id say we need another year or two, but salary cap hell looms, and i dont see us getting more talented after Trevor gets paid.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:39 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

We are still in first. SMH

This is far from the old jags. The difference now is this team is expected to win and make a play off run.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:44 AM by MojoKing. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-18-2023, 12:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: We are still in first. SMH

This is far from the old jags. The difference now is this team is expected to win and make a play off run.

We were playing way better this time last year.clicking on all cylinders.  We are on the down trajectory. 

Yes, this is far from the Old Jags, but that doesn’t mean we are elite yet. We NEED to repair our lines before we’re ready for that push. You need to be able to convert 3rd and 1 in the NFL. 

At this rate we are lucky to get out of the wildcard round. 

But we aren’t going to out physical ANY team because our starting Center looks like my friend Fred from work

We went from 8-3 to 8-6 and on the verge of one of the largest late season collapses in recent NFL history. How is this far from the old Jags?

Had to actually look it up. '93 Dolphins went 9-1 and finished 9-7 to miss the playoffs, and the '87 Chargers were 8-1 and finished 8-7 missing the playoffs.

This team is chalked bro. They've been on a complete free fall for weeks now. They're choking badly and I don't see anybody pulling that chicken bone outta their throats any time soon. They're a mess.

Still control their own destiny. 3 games they should be favored left. Been a mess lately, but it’s not over yet.

(12-18-2023, 12:51 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Still control their own destiny. 3 games they should be favored left. Been a mess lately, but it’s not over yet.
Not sure they are favored next week

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-18-2023, 12:52 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:51 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Still control their own destiny. 3 games they should be favored left. Been a mess lately, but it’s not over yet.
Not sure they are favored next week

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
I like Tampa bay next week.

(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)MojoKing Wrote: I think Pederson is a great coach and I think Trevor is a great QB, despite what the haters say, we are fortunate for these two. 

The Ravens played great, and Lamar really didn’t give our D a chance. He played god tier tonight. I thought our D showed up enough to win. Most of us didn’t think we’d have a shot. Should’ve been at the very least 9-3 at half. 

We aren’t ready for the big run. We have absolutely no running game. Our interior O AND D line is horrible. Especially our OL, it’s pathetic when you can’t get a yard in the NFL game after game. Travis is doing all he can to make something out of nothing. Trevor is getting absolutely no help. At least our D-Line can sometimes muster up some effort and be disruptive. 

Baalke unfortunately will get another year to draft an undersized LB in the 3-7th and say “Fortner is going to have a great NFL career”. 

It’s a year early, but when we are in the same position next year with Texans and Colts barring down. I will say this:

BAALKE NEEDS TO GO!!!

Lamar didn't play anywhere close to "God tier" lol.  Our defense held him in check for the most part.  It just couldn't continue to do so after our missed FGs and turnovers and 3 and outs.  They got gassed.

This team shoots itself in the foot constantly and that falls on coaching.

(12-18-2023, 12:56 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 12:29 AM)MojoKing Wrote: I think Pederson is a great coach and I think Trevor is a great QB, despite what the haters say, we are fortunate for these two. 

BAALKE NEEDS TO GO!!!

Lamar didn't play anywhere close to "God tier" lol.  Our defense held him in check for the most part.  It just couldn't continue to do so after our missed FGs and turnovers and 3 and outs.  They got gassed.

This team shoots itself in the foot constantly and that falls on coaching.

By God Tier I mean literal miracles we’re happening in front of us. That play to Likely was divine mate

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 01:39 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Cue the postgame "We just got a few things to clean up" coach/player speak.

As i said somewhere in the game day thread, we finish 9-8. Tampa beats us on the way to winning thier division. We beat Carolina, probably by a FG. The tacks then get revenge for last year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-18-2023, 01:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Cue the postgame "We just got a few things to clean up"  coach/player speak.

As i said somewhere in the game day thread, we finish 9-8. Tampa beats us on the way to winning thier division. We beat Carolina, probably by a FG. The tacks then get revenge for last year.

Honestly this wouldn't shock me at all. I think the only way meaningful change happens is if we don't make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs their gonna use injuries as an excuse for being one and done.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

This team kind of feels like winning the lottery one year, and then lost it all the next year on accident.

(12-18-2023, 03:12 AM)Jag88 Wrote: This team kind of feels like winning the lottery one year, and then lost it all the next year on accident.

Naw winning the lottery would set me for life. There would never be a dumpster crash like this after that.

(12-18-2023, 01:42 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 01:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Cue the postgame "We just got a few things to clean up"  coach/player speak.

Honestly this wouldn't shock me at all. I think the only way meaningful change happens is if we don't make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs their gonna use injuries as an excuse for being one and done.

I don’t think change happens even if we don’t make the playoffs - we just have to pray Baalke swallows his pride and admits he didn’t do enough for the pass rush and o line in the offseason

Yeah we [BLEEP] suck.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I get it. We are all frustrated.

But the team has lot 3 games in a row, 2 of those were very close. All 3 of those games are against playoff teams.

It really does suck to be 8-3 and then all of a sudden be tied for the division lead but this season is far from over.

The defense played well last night. The offense was actually moving the ball but they made too many errors in scoring position.

They’re not ready for a SB and they overachieved last year so the expectations are much higher.

They’ll win the last 3 and finish 11-6 and hopefully not host Buffalo. If they host anyone but Buffalo, they win that game.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 08:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

We do have just a few things to clean up.  Unfortunately, they can't be cleaned up until the offseason.  

That's life.  You build your team, you take your shot, you come up short, and try it again next year.  No reason to be depressed about it.

(12-18-2023, 12:45 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

This team is chalked bro. They've been on a complete free fall for weeks now. They're choking badly and I don't see anybody pulling that chicken bone outta their throats any time soon. They're a mess.

I don't see them choking.  What I see is they are unable to run the ball effectively.  That forces them to put all their chips into the passing game, and allows the opposing defense to unleash their pass rush and cover tight because they know Trevor has to get rid of the ball quickly.