Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We’re not ready

reality check people its over. Duuval is dead this season,and  loserville is back. we will lose out, and panther will beat us.   same ol jags nothings changed. one winning season that was a fluke,and right back to loseing the next season,and another 11 to twelve years of loseing before another fluke playoff run.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The 1010 bubbas are not saying encouraging things about Baalke.

(12-18-2023, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 01:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Cue the postgame "We just got a few things to clean up"  coach/player speak.

As i said somewhere in the game day thread, we finish 9-8. Tampa beats us on the way to winning thier division. We beat Carolina, probably by a FG. The tacks then get revenge for last year.

We do have just a few things to clean up.  Unfortunately, they can't be cleaned up until the offseason.  

That's life.  You build your team, you take your shot, you come up short, and try it again next year.  No reason to be depressed about it.

(12-18-2023, 12:45 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This team is chalked bro. They've been on a complete free fall for weeks now. They're choking badly and I don't see anybody pulling that chicken bone outta their throats any time soon. They're a mess.

I don't see them choking.  What I see is they are unable to run the ball effectively.  That forces them to put all their chips into the passing game, and allows the opposing defense to unleash their pass rush and cover tight because they know Trevor has to get rid of the ball quickly.

It's a very simple problem with a specific solution, just not enough people (including the GM) recognize it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-18-2023, 12:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: We are still in first. SMH

This is far from the old jags. The difference now is this team is expected to win and make a play off run.

The team is in its own way,  continues to beat themselves.  That might be new for the Doug era,  but it's same old Jaguars.  That game was a "Jagwires" clinic last night.

(12-18-2023, 09:57 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: changeing the GM won't work either ,how many times has team changed gm only to keep failing.   Khan is unwilling to spend money on players. Hes to busy building a new Stadium.

Images
[/url]

[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=Stadium&sca_esv=591861726&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS1019US1019&sxsrf=AM9HkKm1m9aO3kJtmFt1Ua2hWtO4O5mO3w:1702907550551&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=IDJpMJxrFjXCXM%252CaMIbVFdAW2d-sM%252C%252Fm%252F019cfy%253BN2_pv73eqQHLDM%252CuvBZCVFbJ2SUxM%252C_%253BQ-BTJmD9HOZt3M%252C82u21sHZN8myrM%252C_%253BYaINxYim9t0THM%252CNLCqkcKkQTActM%252C_%253BU1soundwcSt8uM%252Cjj7PbxQoZaox0M%252C_&usg=AI4_-kT__Wbpx0NvPUjukF05_gtcFz2vIA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjs4Yr9kJmDAxXIM0QIHb6PDiIQ_B16BAh0EAE#imgrc=IDJpMJxrFjXCXM]

Dude, the guy has paid out the [BLEEP] for players and spending big money on contracts is why this team is any good right now. The fact that the GM isn't a good drafter of big men is the problem.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-18-2023, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I get it. We are all frustrated.

But the team has lot 3 games in a row, 2 of those were very close. All 3 of those games are against playoff teams.

It really does suck to be 8-3 and then all of a sudden be tied for the division lead but this season is far from over.

The defense played well last night. The offense was actually moving the ball but they made too many errors in scoring position.

They’re not ready for a SB and they overachieved last year so the expectations are much higher.

They’ll win the last 3 and finish 11-6 and hopefully not host Buffalo. If they host anyone but Buffalo, they win that game.

2 of those 'playoff' teams were starting backups.

Playoff caliber contenders grind those teams into fine paste. We let them look like superheroes.

The defense is still bend but don't break at its core. Unfortunately, that bending eventually does snap. The offense doesn't do enough to allow the D to remain flexible. We need lots of work.

Jags are not ready until they clean up the self-inflicted wounds. Of which there were many last night.

They have issues beyond that stuff, but will get nowhere until they fix it.

(12-18-2023, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The 1010 bubbas are not saying encouraging things about Baalke.

I give less than a fart about the bubbas, but to the board that believes his head on a platter solves the problem:
What say you in regard to Harrison? Was he a decent pick, or no?

If we are saying the interior line is a problem, are we that insecure that he will flub the repair? He darfted Little, Harrison, and traded for Cleveland.
I get that we picked some headscratchers last year after Harrison, but I've yet to hear the glaring misses in their stead.

I want to be clear that I do not like the present state of the line. We can all agree that today our biggest need is to address the Center. But had we tossed any of those questionable picks last year at the line, where does everyone think we would have been with multiple rooks, an LG project coming back from injury, an aging RG who also was fighting injury all season, and the battle between Cam and Little at LT?

I do not know if Ballke is the problem. I do see that work is being done, and I'd rather our situation be that work needs to be done over wasted effort by drafting bad guys to fix a bad problem (see Joeckel, Luke). My fear is that we are desperate for a scapegoat, and in casting our blames on Baalke we end up worse for it.

(12-18-2023, 10:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 09:57 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: changeing the GM won't work either ,how many times has team changed gm only to keep failing.   Khan is unwilling to spend money on players. Hes to busy building a new Stadium.

Images
[/url]

[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=Stadium&sca_esv=591861726&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS1019US1019&sxsrf=AM9HkKm1m9aO3kJtmFt1Ua2hWtO4O5mO3w:1702907550551&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=IDJpMJxrFjXCXM%252CaMIbVFdAW2d-sM%252C%252Fm%252F019cfy%253BN2_pv73eqQHLDM%252CuvBZCVFbJ2SUxM%252C_%253BQ-BTJmD9HOZt3M%252C82u21sHZN8myrM%252C_%253BYaINxYim9t0THM%252CNLCqkcKkQTActM%252C_%253BU1soundwcSt8uM%252Cjj7PbxQoZaox0M%252C_&usg=AI4_-kT__Wbpx0NvPUjukF05_gtcFz2vIA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjs4Yr9kJmDAxXIM0QIHb6PDiIQ_B16BAh0EAE#imgrc=IDJpMJxrFjXCXM]

Dude, the guy has paid out the [BLEEP] for players and spending big money on contracts is why this team is any good right now. The fact that the GM isn't a good drafter of big men is the problem.

Exactly. Just two years ago this team went out and dropped a wallop in free agency, it was enough to break the record that the Patriots had just spent the previous offseason during free agency. I have said it numerous times all over the place here. 

Baalke's FINE when it comes to figuring out the cap, managing contracts, front loading and back loading contracts, etc. He's been decent to above average in finding viable, established talent via free agency. 

It's his inability to to get it done in the draft and properly evaluating lineman on both sides of the football that has been his biggest kryptonite. He built the team backwards. He went after skill position players first before establishing his foundation on both sides of the trenches. 

[BLEEP] happens. I am not against getting rid of him completely, however, it does appear that the rest of the NFL was right about their opinions with him and it's very fortunate we landed Pederson here to begin with. There must be a layer added to the front office that can step in and veto his decision making or outright outwork him in the scouting and evaluating department. 

His big board abilities suck and there's no excuses for this:

2021: Nine selections (Some of these may not have even been his decisions, as Meyer was here at that time)
Lawrence - Obvious pick.
Etienne - Interesting pick - I don't love it. I don't hate it. 
Campbell - Decent CB. 
Little - Injury prone LT/LG/RT. Not sure if he's the answer long term but it's taken this team way too long to figure it out. 
Cisco - Decent Safety.
Farrell - Decent TE. 
Tufele, Smith and Camp are gone.

2022: Seven selections
Walker - Coming along good in year two. Becoming a double team eater and could be a game wrecker next year. 
Lloyd - Coming along good in year two. Not a game wrecker but he could be. 
Fortner - Bust at Center. Shouldn't be a starter.
Muma - Waste of a 3rd RD pick. Already invested at ILB there twice between the signing of Oluokon and trading UP for Lloyd. 
Conner - Waste of trading up for. 
Junior - Decent CB.
Brown - Decent CB. 

2023: Thirteen selections
This is the make or break class for me. As there's no impact players on it currently as rookies or guys that can stay healthy or protect the football. If this team makes the post season, and, he survives and is here next year? This class has to have a massive turnout early in production for me as a fan. 

He's found some decent football players. Not all-stars, not highly, consistent game changers, but, just decent football players in my opinion. It's good, until you start losing your free agency signings that you broke the bank for and all of a sudden you're HOPING or asking decent football players to step in and become competent, consistently good football players. 

He's not shown much to be desired there in this arena.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If there's one thing you CAN'T say about Shad, it's that he's cheap. Come on now
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We were all duped again. Why did we try and have expectations? This is why there is so much pessimism here.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:56 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-18-2023, 01:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Cue the postgame "We just got a few things to clean up"  coach/player speak.

As i said somewhere in the game day thread, we finish 9-8. Tampa beats us on the way to winning thier division. We beat Carolina, probably by a FG. The tacks then get revenge for last year.

We do have just a few things to clean up.  Unfortunately, they can't be cleaned up until the offseason.  

That's life.  You build your team, you take your shot, you come up short, and try it again next year.  No reason to be depressed about it.

(12-18-2023, 12:45 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This team is chalked bro. They've been on a complete free fall for weeks now. They're choking badly and I don't see anybody pulling that chicken bone outta their throats any time soon. They're a mess.

I don't see them choking.  What I see is they are unable to run the ball effectively.  That forces them to put all their chips into the passing game, and allows the opposing defense to unleash their pass rush and cover tight because they know Trevor has to get rid of the ball quickly.

I'm not depressed. I mean, just cause I called the suicide hotline 10 times last night and got put on hold every time doesnt mean depression. Its probably just budget cuts. Now, please excuse me, I cant find my Zoloft.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-18-2023, 11:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 10:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dude, the guy has paid out the [BLEEP] for players and spending big money on contracts is why this team is any good right now. The fact that the GM isn't a good drafter of big men is the problem.

Exactly. Just two years ago this team went out and dropped a wallop in free agency, it was enough to break the record that the Patriots had just spent the previous offseason during free agency. I have said it numerous times all over the place here. 

Baalke's FINE when it comes to figuring out the cap, managing contracts, front loading and back loading contracts, etc. He's been decent to above average in finding viable, established talent via free agency. 

It's his inability to to get it done in the draft and properly evaluating lineman on both sides of the football that has been his biggest kryptonite. He built the team backwards. He went after skill position players first before establishing his foundation on both sides of the trenches. 

[BLEEP] happens. I am not against getting rid of him completely, however, it does appear that the rest of the NFL was right about their opinions with him and it's very fortunate we landed Pederson here to begin with. There must be a layer added to the front office that can step in and veto his decision making or outright outwork him in the scouting and evaluating department. 

His big board abilities suck and there's no excuses for this:

2021: Nine selections (Some of these may not have even been his decisions, as Meyer was here at that time)
Lawrence - Obvious pick.
Etienne - Interesting pick - I don't love it. I don't hate it. 
Campbell - Decent CB. 
Little - Injury prone LT/LG/RT. Not sure if he's the answer long term but it's taken this team way too long to figure it out. 
Cisco - Decent Safety.
Farrell - Decent TE. 
Tufele, Smith and Camp are gone.

2022: Seven selections
Walker - Coming along good in year two. Becoming a double team eater and could be a game wrecker next year. 
Lloyd - Coming along good in year two. Not a game wrecker but he could be. 
Fortner - Bust at Center. Shouldn't be a starter.
Muma - Waste of a 3rd RD pick. Already invested at ILB there twice between the signing of Oluokon and trading UP for Lloyd. 
Conner - Waste of trading up for. 
Junior - Decent CB.
Brown - Decent CB. 

2023: Thirteen selections
This is the make or break class for me. As there's no impact players on it currently as rookies or guys that can stay healthy or protect the football. If this team makes the post season, and, he survives and is here next year? This class has to have a massive turnout early in production for me as a fan. 

He's found some decent football players. Not all-stars, not highly, consistent game changers, but, just decent football players in my opinion. It's good, until you start losing your free agency signings that you broke the bank for and all of a sudden you're HOPING or asking decent football players to step in and become competent, consistently good football players. 

He's not shown much to be desired there in this arena.

I think Anton Harrison is going to be an All Pro, the guy is really talented. After him I think Strange will be very good, Tight Ends usually take a year to adapt and he's behind two established guys. The rest? More small guys when we need big ones.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 12:33 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2023, 11:07 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I get it. We are all frustrated.

But the team has lot 3 games in a row, 2 of those were very close. All 3 of those games are against playoff teams.

It really does suck to be 8-3 and then all of a sudden be tied for the division lead but this season is far from over.

The defense played well last night. The offense was actually moving the ball but they made too many errors in scoring position.

They’re not ready for a SB and they overachieved last year so the expectations are much higher.

They’ll win the last 3 and finish 11-6 and hopefully not host Buffalo. If they host anyone but Buffalo, they win that game.

2 of those 'playoff' teams were starting backups.

Playoff caliber contenders grind those teams into fine paste. We let them look like superheroes.

The defense is still bend but don't break at its core. Unfortunately, that bending eventually does snap. The offense doesn't do enough to allow the D to remain flexible. We need lots of work.

Last nights version. The previous two weeks, it was the opposite.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

This Defense got absolutely cooked by an UDFA QB making his 2nd start EVER in the NFL and then proceeded to get cooked by another QB who was sitting on the couch a week prior. That's the literal definition of choking.

This Ravens loss you could stomach if they didn't choke away the previous two games against bums.

https://youtu.be/ElFDlShmOng?si=JdYPJP-t6xlZc1yO

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2023, 09:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We do have just a few things to clean up.  Unfortunately, they can't be cleaned up until the offseason.  

This Defense got absolutely cooked by an UDFA QB making his 2nd start EVER in the NFL and then proceeded to get cooked by another QB who was sitting on the couch a week prior. That's the literal definition of choking.

This Ravens loss you could stomach if they didn't choke away the previous two games against bums.

Those two “bums” QBs are actually playing really well besides just vs the jags. You can look it up. Regardless the jags just have to get their offense going scoring points the rest of the season and hopefully the play offs.

(12-18-2023, 11:05 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 09:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This Defense got absolutely cooked by an UDFA QB making his 2nd start EVER in the NFL and then proceeded to get cooked by another QB who was sitting on the couch a week prior. That's the literal definition of choking.

Those two “bums” QBs are actually playing really well besides just vs the jags. You can look it up. Regardless the jags just have to get their offense going scoring points the rest of the season and hopefully the play offs.

They are bums and the [BLEEP] you mean the Offense just needs to get going with scoring points the rest of the season? This Offense can put up 31+ points and we still lose. This team is a full circle of suck.