Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to hit the Panic Button! Team has been mostly pathetic since the bye!

Lets first of all feel bad for the home fans.  This team has performed stinkers most of the year on the home field.  Another prime time blowout and pathetic performance from the team.

Lawrence isn't playing great.  Yes he makes amazing throws but also misses too many routine throws.  Weekley announcers call out how he is missing wide open receivers forcing it to covered guys. The Fumbles combined with the ints are not good football.  Collingsworth even pointed out how he makes the game more difficult and does not take enough of the easy stuff. I would not currently pay him a 6 figure contract.  I keep hearing he is the franchise but I personally have not seen enough.

The offense just isn't clicking at all. Not consistent in the air, can't run the ball, bad on 3rd downs, stink on 3rd and 4th and short, struggles in the red zone, etc. 

ETN has been totally shut down since the bye. Averaging around 3 yards a carry with very few explosive plays.  Irrelevant.

Outside of Josh Allen and Walker there is nobody getting to the QB.  5+ seconds in the pocket against us is becoming common.

Finding ways to lose: Missed field goals, missed catches, stupid penalties, missed communication, etrc.

I get it the team has injuries but every team has them this time of year. This team does not deserve to make it to the playoffs the way they are playing.  The team has gotten spanked too many times this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes panic.

I tend to disagree. The defense actually played well enough to win. The offense left 9 pts on the field the first half and they gifted the ratbirds their last td.

Yea it's been a bit ugly the last few weeks at times. It is not as bad as it seems.

Wrs are getting thin. And yea man what an awful home record this year.

I am most worried about Trevor as a QB. The turnovers are unacceptable. That fumble was an embarrassment. I wouldn't want to show my face after that... He needs to do some serious soul searching this offseason.

(12-18-2023, 02:04 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I am most worried about Trevor as a QB. The turnovers are unacceptable. That fumble was an embarrassment. I wouldn't want to show my face after that... He needs to do some serious soul searching this offseason.

Yea of course you are... How about the last 2 weeks where the Defense couldn't stop a nose bleed against a back up QB starting his 2nd NFL game EVER and a guy that got pulled off the couch a week prior?

This Ravens loss was/could be expected. The two losses before this one, considering the situations, not so much. But of course we ignore those right because the Offense scored more than 7 points in those games.

The Defense has put us in this garbage position. They're trash and the rest of the team isn't any better.

Suggestion: Jags players and staff should just turn off social media until the offseason, only the Media a team should be publishing content and keep it limited to charity work and whatnot

The players’ heads are not right and all this fake swag crap is not helping

Gostis had a sack. Jenkins had a sack.

(12-18-2023, 02:04 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I am most worried about Trevor as a QB. The turnovers are unacceptable. That fumble was an embarrassment. I wouldn't want to show my face after that... He needs to do some serious soul searching this offseason.

Please trade him to Tennessee or Indy.  That way you and I will both be happy.

(12-18-2023, 07:15 AM)PV=nRT Wrote:

Please trade him to Tennessee or Indy.  That way you and I will both be happy.

Why would Indy trade for Lawrence? Or even the Titans? Both of those teams have their QB......

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 04:45 AM by Rockman1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

Boys, this will be over soon. Implosion nearly complete.
From 8-3 and a shot at #1 seed to afterthoughts.

Trevor is damaged, physically and emotionally.

Ridley is a cancer. #0 is right.

Worse part of all this is I bought my boys Ridley jerseys for Christmas, of course we got them back in October before I saw how much just blackmon is in Ridley
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Too late. Had to seal those water-tight doors after hitting those icebergs (CIN, BAL, TB, CLE).

Going down by the bow.

Nathan Rourke could be saving this franchise but noOOoo, we let him go to NE. #becausejaguars

That’s my emotive hot take for the day.

I think TLaw does love certain receivers in certain games and that’s a problem as we don’t have any elite ones who go out and get a ball. But I feel sorry for him, we all know going to this season that he Oline was a joke and it’s been worse than expected.

Ridley would go for me, I’d go all in for Marvin harrison (with future picks annd our first this year) and he’s every other pick on oline.

The injuries in the secondary are showing and we’re regularly giving up 15 yards, I think missing the play offs could potentially help us if we draft well, but we’re not there yet.

Saw something which summarised TLaw well this season. If you was to have a heat map of where his body is injured 60% of it would be red, and he just doesn’t trust the oline.

Tlaw is pressing. He's not playing qb. I remember one play vividly. Play action into a blitz... first down. No time. Etn is wide open. He clutches looking downfield.

Having stones is one thing, but what made trev great last year down the stretch was how fast the ball was coming out, completion percentage and getting the team into 2nd and two.

Bro, I've been hitting the panic button since week 3!!!

(12-25-2023, 11:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nathan Rourke could be saving this franchise but noOOoo, we let him go to NE. #becausejaguars

That’s my emotive hot take for the day.

Jags will never keep any qb around who could  make Lawrence feel challenged.

(12-25-2023, 01:15 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Tlaw is pressing.  He's not playing qb.  I remember one play vividly.  Play action into a blitz...  first down.  No time.  Etn is wide open.  He clutches looking downfield. 

Having stones is one thing, but what made trev great last year down the stretch was how fast the ball was coming out, completion percentage and getting the team into 2nd and two.

This Offense starts every possession in 2nd and 9-11 because they run on 1st down more than any other team in the League, yet they're awful at running the ball. Last year they were throwing it on 1st down and were staying ahead of the chains because of it.

This year they're always behind the chains and it forces Trevor to try and bail them out every series.

We're way past the Panic Button stage. It's more like the Screaming In Mortal Fear Button stage.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I don't know that it's time to "panic" just yet.  The Chiefs looked horrible today at home against the Raiders.

Hopefully the team gets a "gut check" this week and can turn it around.  At least we aren't hoping for the #1 draft pick... again.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.