Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to hit the Panic Button! Team has been mostly pathetic since the bye!

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 07:11 PM by Jag88.)

Panic button broke. Don’t run for the emergency exit. it’s just Time to reload.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-25-2023, 01:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 11:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nathan Rourke could be saving this franchise but noOOoo, we let him go to NE. #becausejaguars

That’s my emotive hot take for the day.

Jags will never keep any qb around who could  make Lawrence feel challenged.

And that is a problem.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-26-2023, 02:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 01:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags will never keep any qb around who could  make Lawrence feel challenged.

And that is a problem.

Sorry but which franchise who thought they already had a franchise QB then brought in another QB who could challenge him? 

I don't think any team/franchise would do that. If they did, they don't think they have a franchise QB.

(12-18-2023, 07:20 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 07:15 AM)PV=nRT Wrote: Please trade him to Tennessee or Indy.  That way you and I will both be happy.

Why would Indy trade for Lawrence? Or even the Titans? Both of those teams have their QB......

Both teams would gladly take Lawrence are you crazy?
(12-25-2023, 01:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 11:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nathan Rourke could be saving this franchise but noOOoo, we let him go to NE. #becausejaguars

That’s my emotive hot take for the day.

Jags will never keep any qb around who could  make Lawrence feel challenged.

What teams have a backup that can challenge the starter? Name them
No Fun

(12-26-2023, 02:55 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 07:20 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Why would Indy trade for Lawrence? Or even the Titans? Both of those teams have their QB......

(12-25-2023, 01:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags will never keep any qb around who could  make Lawrence feel challenged.

Seahawks, Colts, Steelers, Browns, Raiders, Falcons
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I think we need an emergency home game in London again so the Jags can reset and start a new winning streak

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 07:09 AM by Shad Khans Mustache. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2023, 07:20 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Why would Indy trade for Lawrence? Or even the Titans? Both of those teams have their QB......

No your the crazy one that thinks that. Colts and Titans just drafted a QB in the early rounds literally this year..

Maybe if you werent such a homer you'd realize that...

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 08:06 AM by Caldrac.)

If we lose to the Panthers? I will hit the panic button and quietly check out for a little while. LOL.

Bittersweet, but, it feels good as a fan to say that, it's taken me until week 16 to worry about hitting a panic button for the 2nd year in a row after seeing our seasons end before mid October for the past 15 years with the exception of, what? Two, three seasons?

So, it's not perfect, it's not pretty. It probably never will be. But, they're still hanging on so I'll keep hanging on.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 11:00 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Titans and Colts

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/s/bjopng3REs

(12-26-2023, 06:39 AM)jaglyn Wrote: I think we need an emergency home game in London again so the Jags can reset and start a new winning streak

Haha. 
That's pretty good. 

Tampa was clearly way too close to Everbank Stadium for them to thrive.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 08:59 PM by Jag88.)

Panic on!, panic continues. Please let the panic stop Sunday haha

(12-26-2023, 02:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 02:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: And that is a problem.

Sorry but which franchise who thought they already had a franchise QB then brought in another QB who could challenge him? 

I don't think any team/franchise would do that. If they did, they don't think they have a franchise QB.

Some great Examples already mentioned above.

(12-26-2023, 03:42 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 02:55 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Both teams would gladly take Lawrence are you crazy?

Seahawks, Colts, Steelers, Browns, Raiders, Falcons

OKay? And of those teams how many of them would gladly take Lawrence if offered? Rhetorical question don't answer because they all would!!
No Fun

(12-27-2023, 02:02 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 03:42 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Seahawks, Colts, Steelers, Browns, Raiders, Falcons

OKay? And of those teams how many of them would gladly take Lawrence if offered? Rhetorical question don't answer because they all would!!

Seattle would probably because of the aging QB, Same with Flacco and DeShaun Watson being a shell of his usual self in Cleveland. Pittsburgh got two busts QB that have shown zero flashes of being good, same with Falcons....

But neither Indianapolis or Tennessee would trade for Lawrence. Financially it doesnt make sense since both teams invested early picks on QBs.

(12-26-2023, 08:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: If we lose to the Panthers? I will hit the panic button and quietly check out for a little while. LOL.

Bittersweet, but, it feels good as a fan to say that, it's taken me until week 16 to worry about hitting a panic button for the 2nd year in a row after seeing our seasons end before mid October for the past 15 years with the exception of, what? Two, three seasons?

So, it's not perfect, it's not pretty. It probably never will be. But, they're still hanging on so I'll keep hanging on.

That is pretty much my philosophy right now. This season is pretty much 180 degrees different than last. Everything possible went right after mid-season; very few injuries and one dramatic come from behind victory after another. I doubt we'll ever have another season like that. Of course, the problem with that is that our expectations were way too high for this season based on the weaknesses at offensive line and pass rush. Watching Ridley in training camp look like a combination of Jerry Rice and Jimmy Smith only raised the expectations. Cap it off with a weak early schedule leading to an 8-3 record and we were all set up for a massive disappointment. 

The reactions on this Board are not surprising. We want to find a scapegoat responsible for our frustration! The logical choices are Baalke, the offensive line, bad play-calling and the decline of Trevor Lawrence. Most of the criticisms voiced are at least somewhat accurate and well-intentioned sentiment by die-hard fans, myself included. 

So, where should we be right now on the panic-meter? Personally, I am very low because I try to look at the big picture. As you said, at least we are far better off than all those seasons which ended in mid-October. I also believe we do have our franchise quarterback who is capable of eventually leading this team to the Super Bowl. Whether or not that will happen will depend on the success of upcoming drafts. They cannot afford high-priced free agents as in the past due to the necessity of paying Lawrence and Josh Allen following this season. Is Baalke capable of finding interior offensive linemen capable of improving the pathetic running game we have been subjected to witnessing over the past several weeks? Based on his "performance" in the 2023 draft, I'd have to say the answer is an unequivocal "NO."! Is Shad Khan capable of firing him despite his obvious affinity for the current general manager? That remains to be seen. I do believe this team has enough talent at key positions to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders next season IF they can find the mauling offensive linemen in the draft which this team has lacked. Fortunately, it is much easier to find very good interior linemen as late as the 3rd or 4th rounds and this team needs to take at least three ( 1 center and 2 guards ). This is quite do-able as evidenced by the mock draft I did yesterday. Adding 3 players like Fuaga, Frazier and Mahogany would totally change the identity of the team so opponents would have to respect the running attack.

As far as the short-term goes, it is impossible to predict how this team does the next 2 weeks. It is possible they still make the playoffs as Cam Robinson should help if he is able to play and Carolina is a bad team, despite playing better as of late. Regardless of how the regular season ends, the future for this team will still be bright if Shad Khan begins making better decisions regarding his administrative staff- primarily the general manager.

(12-27-2023, 02:02 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 03:42 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Seahawks, Colts, Steelers, Browns, Raiders, Falcons

You are changing the narrative in mid thread. Other teams taking or not wanting to take Lawrence was not what i originally responded to. My response was to a post that the Jags would never bring in a QB to challenge Lawrence.

(12-27-2023, 02:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 02:02 AM)nhiverson Wrote: OKay? And of those teams how many of them would gladly take Lawrence if offered? Rhetorical question don't answer because they all would!!

You are changing the narrative in mid thread. Other teams taking or not wanting to take Lawrence was not what i originally responded to. My response was to a post that the Jags would never bring in a QB to challenge Lawrence.

That’s why they got rid of minshew. Jags like a clear career #2 or 3 behind Lawrence.

Saw the title of the thread and I immediately went back 30+ years on that nostalgia trip..

I was in High School bumpin this jam in my '84 Supreme Brougham Cutlass with the 12" Cerwin Vegas in the back!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7m0e2GSWQc

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-27-2023, 03:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Saw the title of the thread and I immediately went back 30+ years on that nostalgia trip..

I was in High School bumpin this jam in my '84 Supreme Brougham Cutlass with the 12" Cerwin Vegas in the back!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7m0e2GSWQc

The beat lol. You had a booming system

Why panic?

We knew who this team was before the season began. We knew that the line was either going to have to magically become exponentially better than they were, or our offense would suffer. Guess what? They didn't.

We knew that Trevor was good enough to hide their weakness as a temporary fix; teams have gotten smart to how we had to work around our faults, and now we have negligible run game to keep defenses honest while Trevor continues to take abuse, hurrries throws, or has to settle for minimal gains thanks to the oncoming rush.

Panic won't make them football any better. Denny Green said it best. They are who we thought they were.

(12-27-2023, 02:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 02:02 AM)nhiverson Wrote: OKay? And of those teams how many of them would gladly take Lawrence if offered? Rhetorical question don't answer because they all would!!

I don't think it's bad if you have a good backup but there is not many that can actually challenge the starter on many teams and the ones that can are teams that don't have a franchise qb imo.
No Fun