Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Home game experience as a fan

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 08:59 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2023, 09:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 05:25 PM)surfon Wrote: Wow kinda sux to hear all this.  I gave up my tix about a decade ago as I realized i would rather hang w friends at house parties or otherwise have an open schedule and even at that time as i started getting a bit older i just wasnt enjoying it as much.  Plus we flat out sucked.

This is something that needs figured out for a new stadium.

Does anybody still really love the gameday exp here.  Aside from our record at home this year?

I enjoy it still and like going to the games. I just think they have to be more aware of the environment in live time. Like I said no I don't feel like partying when we're getting whacked in the 4th. Do it in the 1st where we at least feel like we still got a shot is all I'm saying.

Do you actually enjoy having the music blasting so loud that you can't have a conversation with anyone?

Maybe I'm just getting too old. But old people like me are the ones who can afford premium tickets.  We pay hundreds of dollars to attend a game where they break our eardrums.  I don't enjoy that.  I tried noise-canceling airpods, but it's not enough, and it only adds to the feeling of isolation from the people around me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2023, 08:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 09:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I enjoy it still and like going to the games. I just think they have to be more aware of the environment in live time. Like I said no I don't feel like partying when we're getting whacked in the 4th. Do it in the 1st where we at least feel like we still got a shot is all I'm saying.

Do you actually enjoy having the music blasting so loud that you can't have a conversation with anyone?

Maybe I'm just getting too old. But old people like me are the ones who can afford premium tickets.  We pay hundreds of dollars to attend a game where they break our eardrums.  I don't enjoy that.  I tried noise-canceling airpods, but it's not enough, and it only adds to the feeling of isolation from the people around me.

A friend of mine attended the Ravens game (his 1st this year) and said the same thing. I stopped getting season tickets last year after having attended for 26 straight seasons. I hate to see this, but it looks like I got out at the right time. Anyway, watching on television drinking $2 beers beats going to these deafening games with beer costing $18 a pop!

(12-19-2023, 08:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 09:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I enjoy it still and like going to the games. I just think they have to be more aware of the environment in live time. Like I said no I don't feel like partying when we're getting whacked in the 4th. Do it in the 1st where we at least feel like we still got a shot is all I'm saying.

Try 1 ear and leave the other one open for the person you want to talk to most. I always did that and it helps keep 1 ear ok.

The south end zone is where most of the speakers are at. Those are turned up loud so it reaches the whole stadium. They did add speakers to the north end zone but didn't really change the volume. Then they added speakers on the field during pre-game, for the players?, but then it was so loud everything was vibrating.

The only thing that may help is something with the ADA or similar for quite spaces or experiences. MLB has pushed this big time with cutting down on all the music, offering headphones, and even requiring quiet rooms for fans that need them.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(12-19-2023, 08:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 04:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: The experience has definitely gone down the tubes the last 10 years or so. I used to really enjoy and look forward to the game day atmosphere but it got so bad, I gave up my season tickets in 2022 that I'd had every year since the beginning. I still go to an occasional game but it's something that you need to tolerate rather than enjoy.

....so fandom is family. Got it!
Big Grin

Not to far off I reckon, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Maybe it's not as loud in the upper decks were in 415 halfway up and it's loud but I can talk to my neighbors.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I hate to hear this. My last game was before I moved here to NC. Probably 2009 or 2010 was the last year I was at the stadium. 

I've never been good in big crowds and a lot of noise but I could enjoy the games because I could focus on what was happening on the field. The other noise and music wasn't so overwhelming that I would feel anxious. It sounds like I'd have a full on anxiety attack if I went to a game now. What the hell is a party button?! That sounds so....ridiculous. I hate Goodell. On so many levels he is ruining the game of football and the league. I told my husband Sunday there's a sound I hear during every game now, regardless of the team playing and it's annoying as hell. I can't tell what it is exactly but it sounds like a guy over the loudspeaker yelling about something and it's the same exact sound, multiple times during the game, in every game we watch. 

I hate that things can't just be what they are and everyone has to be "entertained" constantly. I mean, I have ADHD and can have problems with focusing, but I don't need to be "on" all the time. I don't take my cellphone into a waiting room so I can take a break from life. I like to look at an actual magazine or just sit and let my brain shut off for a while, or let my mind wander. I was the only person out of seven that was not on a cellphone at a recent doctor visit. 

I agree with the poster who said people don't go to watch football, they go to be seen. That's so true of so many things these days. Few people actually go to events to enjoy or participate, they go and turn on their cellphone to record themselves doing whatever so they can post it on social media and say they were there. I think it's us older folks who still go to games, movies, parades, air shows, etc., to actually enjoy them.

(12-19-2023, 04:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I hate to hear this. My last game was before I moved here to NC. Probably 2009 or 2010 was the last year I was at the stadium. 

I've never been good in big crowds and a lot of noise but I could enjoy the games because I could focus on what was happening on the field. The other noise and music wasn't so overwhelming that I would feel anxious. It sounds like I'd have a full on anxiety attack if I went to a game now. What the hell is a party button?! That sounds so....ridiculous. I hate Goodell. On so many levels he is ruining the game of football and the league. I told my husband Sunday there's a sound I hear during every game now, regardless of the team playing and it's annoying as hell. I can't tell what it is exactly but it sounds like a guy over the loudspeaker yelling about something and it's the same exact sound, multiple times during the game, in every game we watch. 

I hate that things can't just be what they are and everyone has to be "entertained" constantly. I mean, I have ADHD and can have problems with focusing, but I don't need to be "on" all the time. I don't take my cellphone into a waiting room so I can take a break from life. I like to look at an actual magazine or just sit and let my brain shut off for a while, or let my mind wander. I was the only person out of seven that was not on a cellphone at a recent doctor visit. 

I agree with the poster who said people don't go to watch football, they go to be seen. That's so true of so many things these days. Few people actually go to events to enjoy or participate, they go and turn on their cellphone to record themselves doing whatever so they can post it on social media and say they were there. I think it's us older folks who still go to games, movies, parades, air shows, etc., to actually enjoy them.

What you're hearing is "THIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD DOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNN!"

Another NFL dictated crowd rouser.

(12-21-2023, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 04:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I hate to hear this. My last game was before I moved here to NC. Probably 2009 or 2010 was the last year I was at the stadium. 

What you're hearing is "THIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD DOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNN!"

Gotcha. Man, that crap is irritating as heck on TV so I can't imagine how bad it is in the stadium. Why do they have to announce it - and so obnoxiously? Do they think we're stupid and don't know it's a 3rd down? 

That's how my mind thinks. I don't need (or want) to be told what's happening right in front of me and I certainly don't need to be force fed.

Everything has to be a circus these days.  Wallbash

(12-21-2023, 01:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What you're hearing is "THIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD DOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNN!"

Gotcha. Man, that crap is irritating as heck on TV so I can't imagine how bad it is in the stadium. Why do they have to announce it - and so obnoxiously? Do they think we're stupid and don't know it's a 3rd down? 

That's how my mind thinks. I don't need (or want) to be told what's happening right in front of me and I certainly don't need to be force fed.

It's actually kind of fun because it gets the crowd into it when the D needs to make a stop. However, like the "Party" button, it's completely inappropriate when we're hopelessly losing in the 4th quarter. The league has given teams a play sheet to follow without any conditions for an audible. The 'Fan Experience' people have a gameday script which must be obeyed.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2023, 04:45 PM by jagshype. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2023, 01:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What you're hearing is "THIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD DOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNN!"

Youd be surprised at how many fans are not paying attention and do need to be made aware of third down and time to make some noise

(12-21-2023, 02:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 01:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Gotcha. Man, that crap is irritating as heck on TV so I can't imagine how bad it is in the stadium. Why do they have to announce it - and so obnoxiously? Do they think we're stupid and don't know it's a 3rd down? 

It's actually kind of fun because it gets the crowd into it when the D needs to make a stop. However, like the "Party" button, it's completely inappropriate when we're hopelessly losing in the 4th quarter. The league has given teams a play sheet to follow without any conditions for an audible. The 'Fan Experience' people have a gameday script which must be obeyed.

End of third into 4th, Tropical Smoothie?(so bad I cant even remember which smoothie company) sponsored video needs to be axed and get someone that can actually produce something that can ramp up the energy

edit: Yes the party button, still not sure how that got the green light

But what is the party button?

(12-23-2023, 05:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: But what is the party button?

They have a prop of a giant "Party" button that hype man and Jaxson de Ville push after hype man hypes for about 15 seconds. It's supposed to get the crowd rowdy, but they do it in the 4th quarter. If we're losing, no one is in the mood for the party button, but they have to stick to the fan experience script.

(12-23-2023, 05:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 05:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: But what is the party button?

They have a prop of a giant "Party" button that hype man and Jaxson de Ville push after hype man hypes for about 15 seconds. It's supposed to get the crowd rowdy, but they do it in the 4th quarter. If we're losing, no one is in the mood for the party button, but they have to stick to the fan experience script.

Thanks for the info. The game day experience has changed a lot since 2009-10. All of what y'all described probably is fun for some but for me it wouldn't be. I'd get overwhelmed by it all and would have to take a Xanax or leave.

(12-23-2023, 07:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 05:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They have a prop of a giant "Party" button that hype man and Jaxson de Ville push after hype man hypes for about 15 seconds. It's supposed to get the crowd rowdy, but they do it in the 4th quarter. If we're losing, no one is in the mood for the party button, but they have to stick to the fan experience script.

Thanks for the info. The game day experience has changed a lot since 2009-10. All of what y'all described probably is fun for some but for me it wouldn't be. I'd get overwhelmed by it all and would have to take a Xanax or leave.

Or wear earplugs. I've seen other people there doing it.

What happened to the "move the chains" chant? That should be brought back

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 04:31 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(12-24-2023, 04:26 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: What happened to the "move the chains" chant? That should be brought back

It died from infrequency of occurence.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-24-2023, 04:26 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: What happened to the "move the chains" chant? That should be brought back

Fans still do it in my section

(12-23-2023, 07:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 07:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thanks for the info. The game day experience has changed a lot since 2009-10. All of what y'all described probably is fun for some but for me it wouldn't be. I'd get overwhelmed by it all and would have to take a Xanax or leave.

Or wear earplugs. I've seen other people there doing it.

Actually, yes! I do this on the occasion we go to the movie theater. The sound is so loud it actually gives me migraines so I started wearing earplugs. I can't say the last time we saw a movie so I didn't even think about that option. Thanks!