Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence in concussion protocol

We might make the playoffs as a wild card with another win or two. Division title is probably a win out situation, either way we need to sit Lawrence until he actually looks competent. The offense is in its own way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 10:06 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(12-18-2023, 10:02 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We might make the playoffs as a wild card with another win or two.  Division title is probably a win out situation,  either way we need to sit Lawrence until he actually looks competent.  The offense is in its own way.

My god

I'm as bitter about this losing streak as the next guy but damn some of you really go off the rails with these takes after a loss.

Sit Lawrence? For who? CJ/Rourke. Come on now. These games would have all been 49ers level beat downs if Trevor hadn't played.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-18-2023, 10:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 10:02 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We might make the playoffs as a wild card with another win or two.  Division title is probably a win out situation,  either way we need to sit Lawrence until he actually looks competent.  The offense is in its own way.

My god

He's either blind or a troll. Maybe both.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-18-2023, 10:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

My god

I'm as bitter about this losing streak as the next guy but damn some of you really go off the rails with these takes after a loss.

Sit Lawrence? For who? CJ/Rourke. Come on now. These games would have all been 49ers level beat downs if Trevor hadn't played.
That was the #2 defense in the league last night and he was driving the Jags up and down the field. They just shot themselves in the foot almost every time.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

Whoever is next man up. Lawrence was careless with the ball. I'm not calling for him to be benched indefinitely, he needs to chill. Especially after last night's beating (concussion?). I don't want to see the kid get ruined while we hopelessly try to save this season.

(12-18-2023, 10:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 10:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: My god

That was the #2 defense in the league last night and he was driving the Jags up and down the field. They just shot themselves in the foot almost every time.

Correct.

Trevor missed on some makable throws too often last night. That and the fumble deserve plenty of criticism, but he's still our best chance to win games. 

The stupid penalties, unforced errors of poor execution, dropped passes, missed throws, these are all things they should not be battling right now. That crap needs to get fixed. Should have long been fixed. 

This offense has real problems to overcome up front and they can't add all of that tripe to the list. 

Sprinkle in a couple of missed FGs and a squandered RZ trip with bad clock Mgmt - and it was a recipe for disaster.

[Image: dee.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-18-2023, 09:40 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Prosser is having a meltdown on 1010 right now. Him and Boselli are going back and forth. He doesn’t think we’re making the postseason.

I'm debating whether it does better for us to limp into the playoff and go home early (likely) or to miss the postseason altogether. One is a punch in the kidney and the other is a punch in the junk. Neither one is great, but they both get your attention. Or they dang better should.

(12-18-2023, 09:52 AM)jaglyn Wrote: I’m so mad we don’t have anyone tanking on the rest of our schedule

We should be at a point where we don't need a team completely dismissed to losing for us to have the upper hand.

We should be a team that looks at the rest of the schedule and knows that we can handle each of them. Right now, I think they are gasping for air. We should be the ones smothering our foes.

(12-18-2023, 03:34 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 09:40 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Prosser is having a meltdown on 1010 right now. Him and Boselli are going back and forth. He doesn’t think we’re making the postseason.

I'm debating whether it does better for us to limp into the playoff and go home early (likely) or to miss the postseason altogether. One is a punch in the kidney and the other is a punch in the junk. Neither one is great, but they both get your attention. Or they dang better should.

I'd rather make them and lose honestly. Take the division for a second year even with the issues we've had this year, and re-tool for next year. After so many years of being dog [BLEEP] I'd rather make the playoffs and lose than just completely suck again.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-18-2023, 04:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 03:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: I'm debating whether it does better for us to limp into the playoff and go home early (likely) or to miss the postseason altogether. One is a punch in the kidney and the other is a punch in the junk. Neither one is great, but they both get your attention. Or they dang better should.

I'd rather make them and lose honestly. Take the division for a second year even with the issues we've had this year, and re-tool for next year. After so many years of being dog [BLEEP] I'd rather make the playoffs and lose than just completely suck again.

Same. Nothing is easy in this sport. Getting into a tournament with only seven seats in a conference of sixteen is still an impressive feat. No matter how ugly or pretty the path was to get there. You made it in.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think it happened on this play.

https://twitter.com/thecomeback/status/1...1994159425

if it did it would explain a few of those wide misses towards the end.
No Fun

(12-18-2023, 04:27 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I think it happened on this play.

https://twitter.com/thecomeback/status/1...1994159425

if it did it would explain a few of those wide misses towards the end.

That's exactly where it happened. You can also thank Walker Little for that. We were sitting there at 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 and he gave the offense it's 2nd or 3rd pre snap penalty of the night. 

I don't think Walker Little is the answer or solution at LT. I really don't. I would go into the off season looking for his potential replacement if you know for a fact that Robinson won't be back for sure with the cap hit. 

Keeping Ezra Cleveland seems imperative though. Whether he's playing LG or LT doesn't matter. He's at least been somewhat decent. My fear with Little is that he's too soft, gives up pressures against tougher front sevens and then he also has durability concerns.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I've said it before but I'll say it again. Nothing suggests the coaching staff thinks Little is the answer at left tackle. They have Cam Robinson as the starter. You can by the way remember that Anton Harrison also can play on the left side which is where he played in college. If we need to draft a tackle it might as well be on the right side depending on who's available.

The fact there is a debate about which play from one game involving the QBs head bouncing off the surface violently is to blame for a concussion should tell us all we need to know about what is wrong.

(12-18-2023, 04:34 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I've said it before but I'll say it again. Nothing suggests the coaching staff thinks Little is the answer at left tackle. They have Cam Robinson as the starter. You can by the way remember that Anton Harrison also can play on the left side which is where he played in college. If we need to draft a tackle it might as well be on the right side depending on who's available.

Agreed. Take the best lineman available, fit them on the starting line-up somewhere and get them all gelling early next summer. We're not going far until it's improved drastically. 

(12-18-2023, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The fact there is a debate about which play from one game involving the QBs head bouncing off the surface violently is to blame for a concussion should tell us all we need to know about what is wrong.

Yeah. That was a bad one there. I remember seeing it and thinking that wasn't good. Hopefully he clears but it wouldn't shock me if he's forced to sit out this one on Christmas Eve. 

Rough year for him physically though. Knee, ankle and now this concussion. Luck runs out at some point. Somebody needs to answer for this in the off season. It's easy to put it all on Baalke. Maybe it is. I am not sure.

But, the coaches had to have had some input and obviously insight into what they felt this team needed to succeed. They got away with it last year. They're getting away with it, barely, this year. That's with them not sneaking up on anybody after last year's run.

Going on the road for the playoffs is probably a good omen for this team..

(12-18-2023, 05:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 04:34 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I've said it before but I'll say it again. Nothing suggests the coaching staff thinks Little is the answer at left tackle. They have Cam Robinson as the starter. You can by the way remember that Anton Harrison also can play on the left side which is where he played in college. If we need to draft a tackle it might as well be on the right side depending on who's available.

Agreed. Take the best lineman available, fit them on the starting line-up somewhere and get them all gelling early next summer. We're not going far until it's improved drastically. 

(12-18-2023, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The fact there is a debate about which play from one game involving the QBs head bouncing off the surface violently is to blame for a concussion should tell us all we need to know about what is wrong.

Yeah. That was a bad one there. I remember seeing it and thinking that wasn't good. Hopefully he clears but it wouldn't shock me if he's forced to sit out this one on Christmas Eve. 

Rough year for him physically though. Knee, ankle and now this concussion. Luck runs out at some point. Somebody needs to answer for this in the off season. It's easy to put it all on Baalke. Maybe it is. I am not sure.

But, the coaches had to have had some input and obviously insight into what they felt this team needed to succeed. They got away with it last year. They're getting away with it, barely, this year. That's with them not sneaking up on anybody after last year's run.

The Defense stepped up last night and this patched-together O-Line has gotten TL hurt and concussed.
Hoping for the best BUT ...they need to prepare for the worst.
It would be so ironic if we lose the division to the clots or 'horns
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-18-2023, 05:36 PM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 05:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. Take the best lineman available, fit them on the starting line-up somewhere and get them all gelling early next summer. We're not going far until it's improved drastically. 

The Defense stepped up last night and this patched-together O-Line has gotten TL hurt and concussed.
Hoping for the best BUT ...they need to prepare for the worst.
It would be so ironic if we lose the division to the clots or 'horns

Yeah. Would be a bummer. This is one of the few years that I can recall of where they had/have a good divisional record head to head. We swept the clots, we split with the tinhorns and we have a one up currently on the tacks with a chance to sweep them again for the second time in a row. 

That's unreal to me as a fan of this team. A potential 5 - 1 divisional record? And you LOSE the damn AFC South? Some strange, strange juju be afoot here in Duval county. Somebody switched up the brew on us a little bit. The football god's giveth, and, they taketh. In the funniest of ways. 

We're getting there though. Maybe we have to eat a few more heartbreakers before the curse is fully reversed.