Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence in concussion protocol

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 06:01 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2023, 04:27 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I think it happened on this play.

https://twitter.com/thecomeback/status/1...1994159425

if it did it would explain a few of those wide misses towards the end.

Holy god, that was brutal...

This O-Line is not good.

(Edit - I think I've been too supportive of this line, this video kinda just says it all. This also doesn't mean the coaches are not also a huge problem right now. But damn, this line needs to be completely revamped)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A better O-line can't come soon enough.
I don't care if we use every draft pick on Big Uglies, this year shows how important they are.
Even some bucks to available free agents not on their downside.
Seems other teams find them....this front office should be able to as well.

That or watch Trevor get beat to a pulp and his brain turned to mush.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

So it’s safe to assume Trevor is out this Sunday?

How does no one know when it happened?

He hurt his shoulder/arm late in the 4th and that's when he was missing badly.

If he isn't cleared to practice on Wed, then maybe it's real. He played the whole game, wasn't checked out with the concussion refs watching closely. First thought is this kept him from talking to the media. If the shoulder was hurt, they also don't have to say anything if they have him in the protocol.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-18-2023, 06:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

How does no one know when it happened?

Could have been a cumulative thing from multiple impacts. That's how these things often happen.

(12-18-2023, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Could have been a cumulative thing from multiple impacts. That's how these things often happen.

I get it but the team and league is supposed to keep players from playing when this happens. It was announced immediately after the game, so either the coaches ignored it or Trevor hid it. Neither of those should be happening for a franchise QB. Trevor should have taken himself out to be checked out.

(12-18-2023, 06:12 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: A better O-line can't come soon enough.
I don't care if we use every draft pick on Big Uglies, this year shows how important they are.

Balkie will draft more running backs and line backers and tight ends.

(12-18-2023, 07:00 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 06:12 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: A better O-line can't come soon enough.

Balkie will draft more running backs and line backers and tight ends.

Seriously...  The fact that there isn't a Baalke thread at the top of this forum is crazy.  It's becoming more and more obvious that Baalke has failed.  The O-Line is trash.  The FG kicker is a head case.  Tank Bigsby is a bust that we took in the 3rd round.  Strange was a 2nd round player that never sees the field and we didn't need considering how great Engram is.  And don't get me started with the Muma and the Lloyd picks.  We drafted Lloyd in the 1st and then basically drafted his back up in the 3rd?!?!!?  

While he has made some good picks.  I'm coming to realize this guy is still a clown.  His draft philosophy makes no sense.  His free agent philosophy seems sound, but man.  You can't build a franshise with Free Agents alone.  You need to draft players.  And unless they are obvious picks, Baalke is not good at drafting.

He should be on the hot seat.

(12-18-2023, 06:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Could have been a cumulative thing from multiple impacts. That's how these things often happen.

I get it but the team and league is supposed to keep players from playing when this happens. It was announced immediately after the game, so either the coaches ignored it or Trevor hid it. Neither of those should be happening for a franchise QB. Trevor should have taken himself out to be checked out.

Trevor hid it and then reported it to staff after the game.

Another note

I noticed on multiple incidents where ravens players tackled Trevor using the hip drop technique

This was especially dangerous as I noticed one where his legs got buckled behind him

These tackles are acl killers and need to be removed

(12-18-2023, 07:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 06:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I get it but the team and league is supposed to keep players from playing when this happens. It was announced immediately after the game, so either the coaches ignored it or Trevor hid it. Neither of those should be happening for a franchise QB. Trevor should have taken himself out to be checked out.

Then he can ride the bench Sunday. Absolutely NO excuse to hide a concussion, suspected or otherwise, especially the franchise QB. 

We were going to lose anyway so even more of a reason to take care of himself first. I hope Marissa chewed him a new butthole for being an idiot.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 11:23 PM by nejagsfan.)

(12-18-2023, 10:02 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We might make the playoffs as a wild card with another win or two.  Division title is probably a win out situation,  either way we need to sit Lawrence until he actually looks competent.  The offense is in its own way.

Lol seriously

(12-18-2023, 10:09 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Whoever is next man up.  Lawrence was careless with the ball.  I'm not calling for him to be benched indefinitely,  he needs to chill.  Especially after last night's beating (concussion?).  I don't want to see the kid get ruined while we hopelessly try to save this season.

8-6 leading the division and you want to sit Lawrence....thank God you're not coaching this team....lol hopelessly trying to save the season....dude just stop

Who said he was in the protocol?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-18-2023, 11:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 07:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Trevor hid it and then reported it to staff after the game.

Then he can ride the bench Sunday. Absolutely NO excuse to hide a concussion, suspected or otherwise, especially the franchise QB. 

We were going to lose anyway so even more of a reason to take care of himself first. I hope Marissa chewed him a new butthole for being an idiot.
When you get your bell rung you aren't exactly the best decision maker

(12-18-2023, 11:53 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Who said he was in the protocol?
Doug announced it in post game press conference.

There are 4 options:
1. It's real and Trevor hid it. This is not good for your franchise QB to be doing that. Also could be ramifications with NFL and NFLPA if they think he or Jags are hiding things.
2. Team hid it and allowed him to continue. This isn't likely.
3. It's an excuse to hide him from the media for the week. He had a bad game and the 3 loses may be wearing on him and the team. The coaches may want to give him a break to refocus for the must win game on Sunday.
4. The shoulder is hurt and they didn't want him in front of the media with it. They could hide it if he can't practice because of the concussion protocol. This isn't likely either but the throws after he was hit were bad.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 01:44 AM by OzJohnnie. Edited 3 times in total.)

That's an unfair edit.  Play the whole snap count.  The sack is on TL.  He was changing assignments when the clock was under 5 seconds, the line couldn't hear him, turn around to see what he said and you hear TL say, "We're good! We're good! Hut, hut, hut!"  Play the entire snap count. TL should have called a time out.

(12-18-2023, 04:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

That's exactly where it happened. You can also thank Walker Little for that. We were sitting there at 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 and he gave the offense it's 2nd or 3rd pre snap penalty of the night. 

I don't think Walker Little is the answer or solution at LT. I really don't. I would go into the off season looking for his potential replacement if you know for a fact that Robinson won't be back for sure with the cap hit. 

Keeping Ezra Cleveland seems imperative though. Whether he's playing LG or LT doesn't matter. He's at least been somewhat decent. My fear with Little is that he's too soft, gives up pressures against tougher front sevens and then he also has durability concerns.

I’m glad people are starting to see Little aint that dude. He dang sure ain’t better than Robinson.

(12-18-2023, 07:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 06:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I get it but the team and league is supposed to keep players from playing when this happens. It was announced immediately after the game, so either the coaches ignored it or Trevor hid it. Neither of those should be happening for a franchise QB. Trevor should have taken himself out to be checked out.

Sometimes you don’t notice the symptoms as much in the heat of the moment.

All we can do is hope that TL16 will be able to play this Sunday to say the least. W/Rourke being claimed off wavers were now in a bad spot w/respect to QB depth let alone having an back up that knows our system. Whom can we bring on board?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Jesus Christ, it's the [BLEEP] NFL. No one, and I mean NO ONE, is going to willingly pull themselves out of a game. Now we have people saying Trevor needs to be benched because he didn't tell the coaches he hit his head? I just can't with some of you right now. This entire board has [BLEEP] imploded. We lost 3 games in a row, it sucks, but good lord.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS