Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence in concussion protocol

(12-18-2023, 11:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 11:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Then he can ride the bench Sunday. Absolutely NO excuse to hide a concussion, suspected or otherwise, especially the franchise QB. 

We were going to lose anyway so even more of a reason to take care of himself first. I hope Marissa chewed him a new butthole for being an idiot.
When you get your bell rung you aren't exactly the best decision maker

Yes, I know. I was speaking more out of frustration than anything.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2023, 09:48 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jesus Christ, it's the [BLEEP] NFL. No one, and I mean NO ONE, is going to willingly pull themselves out of a game. Now we have people saying Trevor needs to be benched because he didn't tell the coaches he hit his head? I just can't with some of you right now. This entire board has [BLEEP] imploded. We lost 3 games in a row, it sucks, but good lord.

Chill out dude. I was speaking out of frustration more than anything else. Of course I don't want him benched but I do want him to be 100% Sunday so there isn't a compounding problem.

I've had a head injury and it's no joke.

(12-19-2023, 10:03 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 09:48 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jesus Christ, it's the [BLEEP] NFL. No one, and I mean NO ONE, is going to willingly pull themselves out of a game. Now we have people saying Trevor needs to be benched because he didn't tell the coaches he hit his head? I just can't with some of you right now. This entire board has [BLEEP] imploded. We lost 3 games in a row, it sucks, but good lord.

Chill out dude. I was speaking out of frustration more than anything else. Of course I don't want him benched but I do want him to be 100% Sunday so there isn't a compounding problem.

Wasn't meant to be directly at you. It's the collective of every other post on the board right now. Between the concussion, people saying Trevor is garbage, people saying the team isn't even capable of winning these next 3 games. Just frustration on my end of the ridiculous ups and mostly "sky is falling" downs after every game/play.

Apologies that your comment took the brunt of that lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-19-2023, 10:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 10:03 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Chill out dude. I was speaking out of frustration more than anything else. Of course I don't want him benched but I do want him to be 100% Sunday so there isn't a compounding problem.

Wasn't meant to be directly at you. It's the collective of every other post on the board right now. Between the concussion, people saying Trevor is garbage, people saying the team isn't even capable of winning these next 3 games. Just frustration on my end of the ridiculous ups and mostly "sky is falling" downs after every game/play.

The issue is he told the team right after the game. He knew there was a problem. With concussions you can't play through it and just manage the pain like he has done with other injuries. He knew he was going to get pulled if he said something.

Hoping it's nothing and he passes the tests.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 12:17 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-19-2023, 01:41 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 04:27 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I think it happened on this play.

https://twitter.com/thecomeback/status/1...1994159425

if it did it would explain a few of those wide misses towards the end.

That's an unfair edit.  Play the whole snap count.  The sack is on TL.  He was changing assignments when the clock was under 5 seconds, the line couldn't hear him, turn around to see what he said and you hear TL say, "We're good!  We're good! Hut, hut, hut!"  Play the entire snap count.  TL should have called a time out.

If you play the entire clip, toward the end (the 1:11 mark) they show the overhead view.  You can see clearly they performed a stunt on Scherff and Fortner.  That's probably still an unfair edit for someone with a [BLEEP] agenda though.  It looks like Scherff correctly disengaged Madubuike to pick up the otherwise free rusher thinking Fortner would continue blocking or at least slowing down Madubuike as he should have, but Fortner was left standing around.  That's probably on Fortner and to be fair it was also good defensive play design and initial penetration by Madubuike.  There's no alignment the defense can present that tips a stunt. The o-line has to diagnose that on the fly and adjust correctly.  This had nothing to do with Trevor "changing assignments".  

Here's a better clip for you.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHipzGL4dwM

(12-19-2023, 10:03 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Chill out dude. I was speaking out of frustration more than anything else. Of course I don't want him benched but I do want him to be 100% Sunday so there isn't a compounding problem.

No worries. We're all frustrated. 

In the words of Metallica, "Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way." 

The soothing light was the team coming into a season of promise. Now comes the freight train of frustration and disappointment.

Waiting to hear more news on this

(12-19-2023, 02:04 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Waiting to hear more news on this
Not sure we will find out if he's playing until Friday.

If he practices Friday, I think he plays.

If not, it'll be Beathard.

People are uber-negative right now it’s true, but it’s largely a protection mechanism. Most of us are so mentally scarred from the years of mediocrity that we basically HAVE to react like that whenever there’s a suspicion that the season’s going off the rails again. Gonna take fans a decade of being competitive to completely replace that mindset. Ok, that’s my psychoanalysis for the week, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 03:58 PM by nejagsfan.)

Exactly lol

(12-19-2023, 10:03 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Nobody is a 100%

(12-19-2023, 03:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

Exactly lol

Nobody is a 100%

As close to 100% as he can be post-concussion. Didn't know I had to spell it out.

(12-19-2023, 03:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 10:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Wasn't meant to be directly at you. It's the collective of every other post on the board right now. Between the concussion, people saying Trevor is garbage, people saying the team isn't even capable of winning these next 3 games. Just frustration on my end of the ridiculous ups and mostly "sky is falling" downs after every game/play.

People are uber-negative right now it’s true, but it’s largely a protection mechanism. Most of us are so mentally scarred from the years of mediocrity that we basically HAVE to react like that whenever there’s a suspicion that the season’s going off the rails again. Gonna take fans a decade of being competitive to completely replace that mindset. Ok, that’s my psychoanalysis for the week, lol.

I agree with your diagnosis, Dr. MarleyJag! Who wouldn't have at least some PTSD after watching their team go 47-130 from the years 2011-2021 with one winning season? I still am awakened many nights following nightmares featuring the coaching mishaps of Urban Meyer and Gus Bradley as well as watching Blake Bortles trying to learn how to throw a spiral! Not sure if I'll ever overcome that.

(12-19-2023, 11:59 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 01:41 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: That's an unfair edit.  Play the whole snap count.  The sack is on TL.  He was changing assignments when the clock was under 5 seconds, the line couldn't hear him, turn around to see what he said and you hear TL say, "We're good!  We're good! Hut, hut, hut!"  Play the entire snap count.  TL should have called a time out.

If you play the entire clip, toward the end (the 1:11 mark) they show the overhead view.  You can see clearly they performed a stunt on Scherff and Fortner.  That's probably still an unfair edit for someone with a [BLEEP] agenda though.  It looks like Scherff correctly disengaged Madubuike to pick up the otherwise free rusher thinking Fortner would continue blocking or at least slowing down Madubuike as he should have, but Fortner was left standing around.  That's probably on Fortner and to be fair it was also good defensive play design and initial penetration by Madubuike.  There's no alignment the defense can present that tips a stunt. The o-line has to diagnose that on the fly and adjust correctly.  This had nothing to do with Trevor "changing assignments".  

Nice cope, bro.  I notice you don’t provide a clip of the entire snap as we saw live on TV.  The overhead shot does not include the entire snap.  Additionally, it doesn’t include the audio where the line is looking back at TL confused and Lawrence can be clearly heard yelling, “We’re good!   We’re good!  Hut, hut, hut!”

Next thing we know, you’ll graduate from Jim “You guys don’t know what we want to do” Mora to Denny “They are who we thought they were” Green.

He should have called a time out.  Rather than panicking with two seconds on the snap clock, he should have realised that the line did not understand his called out assignments and that standing with his back to the goal line and three timeouts still on the board, it was time to use one.  Instead, the linemen were confused over who TL wanted blocking who, Baltimore came running through every gap and TL was concussed with an intentional grounding (again - he has a habit).

The guy cannot read a play before the snap.  He’s not a general.  He’s just a position player.  Not good enough for NFL QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 07:28 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 4 times in total.)

(12-19-2023, 06:21 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 11:59 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If you play the entire clip, toward the end (the 1:11 mark) they show the overhead view.  You can see clearly they performed a stunt on Scherff and Fortner.  That's probably still an unfair edit for someone with a [BLEEP] agenda though.  It looks like Scherff correctly disengaged Madubuike to pick up the otherwise free rusher thinking Fortner would continue blocking or at least slowing down Madubuike as he should have, but Fortner was left standing around.  That's probably on Fortner and to be fair it was also good defensive play design and initial penetration by Madubuike.  There's no alignment the defense can present that tips a stunt. The o-line has to diagnose that on the fly and adjust correctly.  This had nothing to do with Trevor "changing assignments".  

Nice cope, bro.  I notice you don’t provide a clip of the entire snap as we saw live on TV.  The overhead shot does not include the entire snap.  Additionally, it doesn’t include the audio where the line is looking back at TL confused and Lawrence can be clearly heard yelling, “We’re good!   We’re good!  Hut, hut, hut!”

Next thing we know, you’ll graduate from Jim “You guys don’t know what we want to do” Mora to Denny “They are who we thought they were” Green.

He should have called a time out.  Rather than panicking with two seconds on the snap clock, he should have realised that the line did not understand his called out assignments and that standing with his back to the goal line and three timeouts still on the board, it was time to use one.  Instead, the linemen were confused over who TL wanted blocking who, Baltimore came running through every gap and TL was concussed with an intentional grounding (again - he has a habit).

The guy cannot read a play before the snap.  He’s not a general.  He’s just a position player.  Not good enough for NFL QB.

Sorry, I had extended a level of credit to you that we were operating on the same level, but I can see now that we're not and that you either lack some basic understanding or are willfully ignoring the obvious.  Do you know what a stunt is?  Are you aware that QBs (who can't possibly know that a defensive player is going to stunt) don't call out that a defensive lineman is going to stunt pre-snap to their offensive line?  

Once we're operating on the same understanding there, it becomes clear you don't need anything else audio or visual wise to know the stunt is what sprung Madubuike who was the defensive end who made the play to slam Trevor to the ground.  Nothing Trevor said or did pre-snap contributed to Madubuike breaking through which was the [BLEEP] premise of your post.  All offensive linemen were correctly engaging the person they should have been engaging until a combination of Madubuike getting great push and leverage on Scherff and the other defender stunted around him which caused Scherff to disengage to the stunting player leaving Madubuike to Fortner who had already been beaten because he didn't immediately recognize it.  There was no visible confusion pre-snap or immediately after the snap (which is your premise).  All o-linemen initially correctly engaged the pass rusher they were supposed to.  It's the o-line's responsibility to diagnose the stunt on the fly, not the QBs.  There are legitimate criticisms to levy at Trevor, no doubt, but the example you attempt to paint here is taking liberties with the unknowable, but again, your posting history and timing suggest taking liberties with the unknowable is par for the course.

The "we're good we're good" line could have easily been an acknowledgement (and probably was) that there were no blitzers coming (Do you know what a blitz is?) and that no one needed to pick up anyone extra specifically.  It was 4 defensive linemen that beat 5 offensive linemen (because Madubuike is good and because of the stunt and also because Fortner and maybe even Scherff are bad).  The other defenders at the line pre-snap dropped into coverage.  But that interpretation would be Trevor reading the defense properly pre-snap and we can't have that now can we?  Hence, you don't know and you never will.

(12-19-2023, 06:11 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 03:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: People are uber-negative right now it’s true, but it’s largely a protection mechanism. Most of us are so mentally scarred from the years of mediocrity that we basically HAVE to react like that whenever there’s a suspicion that the season’s going off the rails again. Gonna take fans a decade of being competitive to completely replace that mindset. Ok, that’s my psychoanalysis for the week, lol.

I agree with your diagnosis, Dr. MarleyJag! Who wouldn't have at least some PTSD after watching their team go 47-130 from the years 2011-2021 with one winning season? I still am awakened many nights following nightmares featuring the coaching mishaps of Urban Meyer and Gus Bradley as well as watching Blake Bortles trying to learn how to throw a spiral! Not sure if I'll ever overcome that.

It’s Jaguar Fan Syndrome and the struggle is real.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-19-2023, 07:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 06:21 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Nice cope, bro.  I notice you don’t provide a clip of the entire snap as we saw live on TV.  The overhead shot does not include the entire snap.  Additionally, it doesn’t include the audio where the line is looking back at TL confused and Lawrence can be clearly heard yelling, “We’re good!   We’re good!  Hut, hut, hut!”

Sorry, I had extended a level of credit to you that we were operating on the same level, but I can see now that we're not and that you either lack some basic understanding or are willfully ignoring the obvious.  Do you know what a stunt is?  Are you aware that QBs (who can't possibly know that a defensive player is going to stunt) don't call out that a defensive lineman is going to stunt pre-snap to their offensive line?  

Once we're operating on the same understanding there, it becomes clear you don't need anything else audio or visual wise to know the stunt is what sprung Madubuike who was the defensive end who made the play to slam Trevor to the ground.  Nothing Trevor said or did pre-snap contributed to Madubuike breaking through which was the [BLEEP] premise of your post.  All offensive linemen were correctly engaging the person they should have been engaging until a combination of Madubuike getting great push and leverage on Scherff and the other defender stunted around him which caused Scherff to disengage to the stunting player leaving Madubuike to Fortner who had already been beaten because he didn't immediately recognize it.  There was no visible confusion pre-snap or immediately after the snap (which is your premise).  All o-linemen initially correctly engaged the pass rusher they were supposed to.  It's the o-line's responsibility to diagnose the stunt on the fly, not the QBs.  There are legitimate criticisms to levy at Trevor, no doubt, but the example you attempt to paint here is taking liberties with the unknowable, but again, your posting history and timing suggest taking liberties with the unknowable is par for the course.

The "we're good we're good" line could have easily been an acknowledgement (and probably was) that there were no blitzers coming (Do you know what a blitz is?) and that no one needed to pick up anyone extra specifically.  It was 4 defensive linemen that beat 5 offensive linemen (because Madubuike is good and because of the stunt and also because Fortner and maybe even Scherff are bad).  The other defenders at the line pre-snap dropped into coverage.  But that interpretation would be Trevor reading the defense properly pre-snap and we can't have that now can we?  Hence, you don't know and you never will.

Unfortunately you’re wasting your breath. He’s a known troll and likely sock for another poster who’s days here got tragically cut short

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 08:03 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2023, 07:29 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 07:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Sorry, I had extended a level of credit to you that we were operating on the same level, but I can see now that we're not and that you either lack some basic understanding or are willfully ignoring the obvious.  Do you know what a stunt is?  Are you aware that QBs (who can't possibly know that a defensive player is going to stunt) don't call out that a defensive lineman is going to stunt pre-snap to their offensive line?  

Unfortunately you’re wasting your breath. He’s a known troll and likely sock for another poster who’s days here got tragically cut short

Yeah I know, hence my tone with him.  Good lookin' out though.

(12-19-2023, 07:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 06:21 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Nice cope, bro.  I notice you don’t provide a clip of the entire snap as we saw live on TV.  The overhead shot does not include the entire snap.  Additionally, it doesn’t include the audio where the line is looking back at TL confused and Lawrence can be clearly heard yelling, “We’re good!   We’re good!  Hut, hut, hut!”

Are you saying QBs are clueless about stunts or know when DL are going to stunt?

Please elaborate more on the red bolded statement...

(12-19-2023, 08:59 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 07:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Sorry, I had extended a level of credit to you that we were operating on the same level, but I can see now that we're not and that you either lack some basic understanding or are willfully ignoring the obvious.  Do you know what a stunt is?  Are you aware that QBs (who can't possibly know that a defensive player is going to stunt) don't call out that a defensive lineman is going to stunt pre-snap to their offensive line?  
Are you saying QBs are clueless about stunts or know when DL are going to stunt?

Please elaborate more on the red bolded statement...

Join the argument from the beginning, pick a side, and respond to the entirety of my post and I might humor you.  Otherwise, let your boy respond.

A. Not a sock puppet. One person, one account.

B. Not a troll. Here for one player.

C. Still won't post the whole snap, I see. I make claims that can be disproven with the video. You don't need a novella. Roll the tape. Shut me up.