Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence in concussion protocol

I feel like they should just give him a week off. I know, pivotal game and all but he's had 2 leg injuries and now a concussion too? give the man a break before he turns into Luck 2.0, but not the generational talent part, the early retirement part.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-20-2023, 05:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 01:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Head injuries are so hard to really tell. Stroud's hit was significantly more violent though, he couldn't even get himself off the ground. Just from the severity of the hit I'm not surprised about Stroud at all.

Yeah Brock had one mid-game. Finished the game, entered protocol after like Trevor, and played the following week. Was cleared on Saturday I believe

(12-20-2023, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...69593?s=20

Trevor was in the building today. Stroud looks to have a really bad one.

Bodes well for him playing this Sunday. I looked at Purdy's concussion against the Vikings just now. His occurred during a QB sneak play and it looks like he took it a little bit more directly and to the crown of the helmet. 

Stroud's and Lawrence's were pretty bad though. Getting whipped to the ground like that and hitting your head hard doesn't feel good. I had an incident about eleven years ago. 

I was visiting my Mom and Dad's on gameday one Sunday, I brought my then puppy over at the time (still have him, he's an old man now), I was playing with him and he snipped me pretty good on my finger, deep enough to where it wouldn't stop bleeding. Long story short, I started running cold water over it in my Mom's kitchen sink.

From there, felt a cold rush, a chill begin to creep up my arm and then I blacked out. I fell backwards, landed on the back of my head on the kitchen tile. I don't remember much after that. I was out for a few seconds. My younger brother was freaking out, he told me later I was having a seizure, my Dad jumped out of the shower to slap me a few times on the face to wake me up. 

I felt good though while I was out. Felt like I was on a cloud and floating down the Nile River to be honest with you. LOL. My Dad told me not to take a nap or fall asleep. I just laid on the couch and he kept making sure I didn't pass out. I was fine though, able to leave for home a few hours later after the game. 

But, those head injuries are tricky. Have a ton of respect for these players and fighters.

Dang bro, the Nile River had me laughing. Glad you made it.

yeah I would be careful to rush him back out there. if he took a second concussion, that could be it for his season.

They just interviewed a doctor on 1010 and he said “I would be surprised if he doesn’t play.”

Good News

(12-21-2023, 08:14 AM)Newton Wrote: yeah I would be careful to rush him back out there. if he took a second concussion, that could be it for his season.

I feel the same way. I love Trevor's toughness and his not wanting to miss a start, but the risk seems too great of something bad happening following 2 leg injuries and a concussion. No doubt that this game is critical if they want to make the playoffs, but at what cost? The best-case is that Trevor doesn't get worse and the Jags make the playoffs- only to be embarrassed in Round 1. Sure, it would somewhat salvage a very disappointing season, but franchise quarterbacks don't grow on trees. Of course, I'm not a doctor but these are my current thoughts.

(12-21-2023, 09:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: They just interviewed a doctor on 1010 and he said “I would be surprised if he doesn’t play.”

Good News

Maybe not good news. I hope he and the trainers/coaches are listening carefully to the doctors and doing what's best for the player and his long term future.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...50070?s=20

This doesn't close the door on him. Tomorrow will be the biggest test.

(12-21-2023, 02:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...50070?s=20

This doesn't close the door on him. Tomorrow will be the biggest test.

If he doesn't practice tomorrow I would think he's sitting this one out.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Agree with the above sentiments.

Was hoping he'd at least be limited today. Really hope he's feeling better and cleared to be out there tomorrow.

If he’s truly better and looking ok in practice put him out there

If not, let the poor boy rest. Hopefully Beat hard Can withstand the penetration our oline is allowing

(12-21-2023, 11:54 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 08:14 AM)Newton Wrote: yeah I would be careful to rush him back out there. if he took a second concussion, that could be it for his season.

I feel the same way. I love Trevor's toughness and his not wanting to miss a start, but the risk seems too great of something bad happening following 2 leg injuries and a concussion. No doubt that this game is critical if they want to make the playoffs, but at what cost? The best-case is that Trevor doesn't get worse and the Jags make the playoffs- only to be embarrassed in Round 1. Sure, it would somewhat salvage a very disappointing season, but franchise quarterbacks don't grow on trees. Of course, I'm not a doctor but these are my current thoughts.

Oh stop with this. The Jags would play the Browns, Bengals, clots, tinhorns. None of those teams should worry you about an embarrassment.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meanwhile, Stroud looks to be out for the second straight week.

Thumbs Up 

(12-21-2023, 05:04 PM)Iflsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 11:54 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I feel the same way. I love Trevor's toughness and his not wanting to miss a start, but the risk seems too great of something bad happening following 2 leg injuries and a concussion. No doubt that this game is critical if they want to make the playoffs, but at what cost? The best-case is that Trevor doesn't get worse and the Jags make the playoffs- only to be embarrassed in Round 1. Sure, it would somewhat salvage a very disappointing season, but franchise quarterbacks don't grow on trees. Of course, I'm not a doctor but these are my current thoughts.

Oh stop with this. The Jags would play the Browns, Bengals, clots, tinhorns. None of those teams should worry you about an embarrassment.

This.

(12-18-2023, 09:02 AM)jaglyn Wrote: We knew at some point this Oline was gonna get Trevor hurt

Same here. They literally have given him like 1/2 second to make a decision at some points.

Team doctor: Okay, Trevor, we're going to do an assessment to see if you're ready to play.
Trevor: Cool. But can someone answer that phone?

Doug walks out to find Beathard.

Just read he's out.

(12-21-2023, 10:05 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Just read he's out.
Link?

Haven’t seen anything yet.

(12-21-2023, 10:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 10:05 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Just read he's out.
Link?

Haven’t seen anything yet.

No clue where he's seeing that, this is the latest I've seen.
https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...0261836205