Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Bucs score predictions

This will be another ugly loss in my opinion. Defense will tire out due to the offense not able to sustain drives.

Bucs 38:Jags 16

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven’t said it yet this season, but it’s time:

We’re gonna lose.

23-20

toss up

Well, no matter how you slice it.  This prediction always comes back looking clairvoyant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

(12-18-2023, 01:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Well, no matter how you slice it.  This prediction always comes back looking clairvoyant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

Plenty of pain the last 3 games.

I am being a little bit more optimistic on this one. I won't give an exact prediction anymore. However, I will at least predict that this offense plays better in this game, with or without Lawrence depending on his concussion situation.

It's on the road. Where this team honestly seems to play better. For starters though, this team is good, but, it's good in spurts. They don't really run the football all that well and they put a lot on Baker Mayfield, which, to be fair, he's played pretty good football for a 7 - 7 team. 24 TD passes to 8 INT's is really good.

I think because we're good against the run though, that, we'll have some opportunities to get after Mayfield and impact the game in a variety of ways. Defensively, they're giving up some plays this year that they normally wouldn't.

I expect a close win with the season officially on the line now, we're on the slippery slope of falling completely out of play off contention and for sure losing this division if they mess around this Sunday. They have to figure out a way to win this game and I think they will.

As tough as the AFC North has been to get through for this team? The AFC South has been a little bit favorable. We beat the Falcons and we beat the Saints. We should be able to pull out of this one in a close one just like we should handle business with the Panthers.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Baker played lights out yesterday. 22 of 28 for 381 and 4 TDs. If he repeats that performance, then its likely that we wont be able to keep up, even if the offense is clicking. However, if we can pressure him into some mistakes, then we have a shot.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

With Trevor most likely out, a big L

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 03:01 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(12-18-2023, 02:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Baker played lights out yesterday. 22 of 28 for 381 and 4 TDs. If he repeats that performance, then its likely that we wont be able to keep up, even if the offense is clicking.  However, if we can pressure him into some mistakes, then we have a shot.

Those are better numbers than Lawrence has ever had in his career.

(12-18-2023, 02:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: With Trevor most likely out, a big L

I argue with or without him it's an L

I think the Jags somehow pull it together for a W. Even if Beathard plays. Tampa is not exactly a juggernaut and we have been effective on offense and defense when we’re not making stupid mistakes. I’m actually most concerned about the Panthers as that could theoretically be a trap game and the Jags have a habit of playing down to their opponents.

23-21 Jags,
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 04:27 PM by Jag88.)

(12-19-2023, 03:47 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I think the Jags somehow pull it together for a W. Even if Beathard plays. Tampa is not exactly a juggernaut and we have been effective on offense and defense when we’re not making stupid mistakes. I’m actually most concerned about the Panthers as that could theoretically be a trap game and the Jags have a habit of playing down to their opponents.

23-21 Jags,

I hope so, but I would really like a game where the jags have control of it and cruising for a win.its would be a nice Christmas miracle.

Lawrence will do everything he can to play. He's a warrior and not missed a game yet.

Jags going to come out and put the last 3 weeks behind them.

Jags 27
Bucs 17

(12-19-2023, 04:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Lawrence will do everything he can to play. He's a warrior and not missed a game yet.

Jags 27
Bucs 17
The bold is 100% true but this isn't an injury he can gut out. They either clear him or they don't. He won't have a say in the matter.

I do think the Jags pull this one out. Can't believe it's a 4pm game though. I'm gonna try to not have the score ruined for me and watch after my Christmas party.

(12-19-2023, 05:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 04:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Lawrence will do everything he can to play. He's a warrior and not missed a game yet.

Jags 27
Bucs 17
The bold is 100% true but this isn't an injury he can gut out. They either clear him or they don't. He won't have a say in the matter.

I do think the Jags pull this one out. Can't believe it's a 4pm game though. I'm gonna try to not have the score ruined for me and watch after my Christmas party.

Yeah. I'll end up partially watching it. Working from 500 AM - 300 PM and then it's straight over to the mother-in-law's for a Christmas party. I am hoping we win. I mean, win or lose, I am getting [BLEEP] faced either way and I'll be happy, but, it would be nice to have a win to be in an even more happier mood. 

Somehow I think Lawrence plays. And, if for whatever reason he can't? Beathard has an epic Green Bay Matt Flynn performance and we'll be fine going into the final next two games.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-19-2023, 03:47 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I think the Jags somehow pull it together for a W. Even if Beathard plays. Tampa is not exactly a juggernaut and we have been effective on offense and defense when we’re not making stupid mistakes. I’m actually most concerned about the Panthers as that could theoretically be a trap game and the Jags have a habit of playing down to their opponents.

23-21 Jags,

Both teams are Jekyll and Hyde. Mayfield just put a perfect passer rating up in Lambeau, so he's bound to throw 3 picks against us.

Gonna either be 42-10 Jags (BOOM!) or 17-15 Bucs. Good luck figuring anything out Big Grin

Umm
Umm

21 jags
20 buc

I'm going back to being a pessimist towards the jags, everytime i get my hopes up they start sucking.

So anyways, bucs 42 jags 10

boom?

(12-18-2023, 12:49 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: This will be another ugly loss in my opinion. Defense will tire out due to the offense not able to sustain drives.

Bucs 38:Jags 16

So.... we hold the Ravens to 23 or whatever but Bucs gonna drop 38 on us?

We've managed to reach must win mode.. that has always been the juice right?

Doug presser going right now- couldn't hear the questions about specific injuries, but sounds like they aren't optimistic on getting Lawrence or Zay back this week.

Road game vs home game - better on road? Is that good this weeK?
"probably - big sigh"

LOL

Brenton, Cisco, Tyson are possibilities to go this week. Trending up.

Trevor's chances "a little better than a coin flip"

Wants Calvin to be Calvin - not trying to be more while missing others