Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Patriots claim Nathan Rourke (merged)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow.

That sucks.
He was a fun developmental project, but all of our injuries kept us scrambling to move guys around the active/inactive/PS lists. Dude got lost in the shuffle.

The Jaguars front office is very unsmart

Next man up.

The dude would never get a chance here anyway. In New England he could get a chance the last few games since their other guys are so bad.

(12-18-2023, 05:22 PM)jagboss Wrote: The Jaguars front office is very unsmart

Meh - moving guys around to the PS when you have as many injuries we have had is very normal around the league.

You can't always strategize protecting your #3 QB when you need to make sure you have backups ready at 4 different injured starting positions.

Can't believe they didn't even give him a real chance
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(12-18-2023, 05:54 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: Can't believe they didn't even give him a real chance

What did you expect them to do with their #3 QB while Trevor Lawrence was healthy, exactly?

(12-18-2023, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 05:54 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: Can't believe they didn't even give him a real chance

What did you expect them to do with their #3 QB while Trevor Lawrence was healthy, exactly?

Damn! Always felt he had more potential than Beathard as a backup
Good luck!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 06:24 PM by Newton.)

Brutal. We have no backup now for next game.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 06:34 PM by carp8dm.)

I'm excited for the kid!  He looked really good in the preseason!  He deserves a shot.  And with that trash QB room in New England, he may well get a shot by the end of the season!!!

First Minshew now Rourke!  

That's pretty cool

While this is beginning to become more and more true, I wouldn't call this a prime example of Baalke's ineptitude.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 06:40 PM by p_rushing.)

(12-18-2023, 05:28 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Next man up.

The dude would never get a chance here anyway. In New England he could get a chance the last few games since their other guys are so bad.
There isn't a next man up. The emergency QB is also on IR.

Can Cooke play QB? Can punt on 1st down a few times to surprise them.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-18-2023, 06:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 05:28 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Next man up.

There isn't a next man up. The emergency QB is also on IR.

Plenty of guys out there on the street or other PS players to poach. 
They'll add someone this week - especially with Beathard banged up.

(12-18-2023, 06:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 06:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: There isn't a next man up. The emergency QB is also on IR.

Must win game with 3 days to prepare if Trevor is really hurt. I'm not expecting the Jags to be successful like other teams with someone off the street.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 07:02 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was going to happen eventually. He has potential. He would not get a chance here. You have to be a career back up to back up Lawrence.

Shame

What if he becomes as good as Minshew?

That would suck.

Imagine next year he's starting and goes off, something about him felt like he was one of those guys that just got it.. obviously hard to tell tho based on the limited play he got in preseason but I wouldn't be shocked if he got some starts.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2023, 07:28 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

Exactly. It's mainly Baalke, though. He stockpiled all the picks to trade up, then found out no one wants to trade for extra 7th rounders. He reached big time on many picks who are looking like just guys. His draft classes, with the exception of Trevor's, are beginning to resemble his horrible 49ers drafts. I wish we could get a GM who tends to make the consensus picks of educated fans on a board like this. They'd get it right more often than not. Instead, we get cutesy, wannabe smartest guy in the room types.

(12-18-2023, 06:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 06:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: There isn't a next man up. The emergency QB is also on IR.

Why is Beathard banged up? Was he chopping wood in the locker room or get fondue spilled on him? Or break a nail holding the clipboard?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I like the kid so kinda upset. If Lawrence misses games he may have seen playing time. Just saw this on Jaguars happy hour.

He seems to have the skills to develop into a nice backup.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.