Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Baalke Thread 2023-2024

(12-19-2023, 12:57 PM)Newton Wrote: Let’s see it all play out first.I’m not there yet. Sometimes you guys seem to forget how craptastic this team has been over most of the past 2 decades

100%, man.

Grass isn't always greener.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2023, 12:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 12:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Those two picks just confuse me so much, like.. ETN is only technically playing his 2nd season, Evan Engram is resigned... like, they were always gonna be backups.. and we had holes on the line and NB.. just don't get it

Doug's offense works pretty well with 2 tight ends, so it's not all that surprising that we took one. Also remember at the draft Engram was tagged and we had no assurances that he'd be here more than the one more season. Had they not worked out a longer deal after the draft we could be seeing Strange as the #1 TE next season, so I think there was some looking ahead to be sure we had a capable starter in 2024 if needed.

I mean I get your point but... Personally I'm not a fan of drafting TEs/RBs high unless they are supremely talented, like a Kyle Pitts or Travis ETN for example.. On top of that, I really don't think it's bright to draft those positions when you have LEGIT starters at those spots and HUGE weaknesses at more important spots (OL/DL/DB) etc.. 

I get what you're saying, but a GM with half a brain probably dosen't waste the picks on Strange/Bigsby.

(12-19-2023, 11:40 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I mean I get your point but... Personally I'm not a fan of drafting TEs/RBs high unless they are supremely talented, like a Kyle Pitts or Travis ETN for example.. On top of that, I really don't think it's bright to draft those positions when you have LEGIT starters at those spots and HUGE weaknesses at more important spots (OL/DL/DB) etc.. 

I get what you're saying, but a GM with half a brain probably dosen't waste the picks on Strange/Bigsby.

Skill positions cost more than interior OL and DL in FA. The strategy is good to try and find replacement players in the draft because they won't have money to replace the starters with FAs in the future. The draft wasn't about this season other than the 1st round.

If you don't address the interior OL and DL in the draft, you have to do something in FA and he did nothing. I think he was hoping to wait until this off-season to find a RG, make a decision on C, and figure out LG/RT. It didn't work out but everyone knew there was an issue and he should have known this.

So now they have to stretch to try and find replacements plus whoever else leaves.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Still want Baalke fired.

(12-24-2023, 08:52 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Still want Baalke fired.

Bro, on the 2023 draft alone….

Yes, he took the jags as far as possible for his talent. However, excuses will flow and nothing will change. Long leash.

Fire Baalke he's David Caldwell leftover and Caldwell sucks
Freaking [BLEEP] did nothing with 14 draft picks
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This org has never had a clean sweep/slate since Shad Con bought the team, always some leftover was the new man in charge. I say, keep Baalke since Doug was fine with it, let them sink or swim together, but if the ship sinks.... Please be rid of any leftovers and truly start fresh. This team needs it.

(12-24-2023, 09:07 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Fire Baalke he's David Caldwell leftover and Caldwell sucks
Freaking [BLEEP] did nothing with 14 draft picks

Fire everyone because Doug isn't a great coach if he isn't calling plays.  When you look around the league at all of the great offensive coaches they all call plays except Doug.  It's obviously to much for him to handle

(12-24-2023, 09:20 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: This org has never had a clean sweep/slate since Shad Con bought the team, always some leftover was the new man in charge. I say, keep Baalke since Doug was fine with it, let them sink or swim together, but if the ship sinks.... Please be rid of any leftovers and truly start fresh. This team needs it.

Baalke can go, but this Franchise is 100% done for if they entirely blow it all up again. Like, sell the team and completely get rid of it type of done. It'll be over.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 09:44 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-24-2023, 09:20 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: This org has never had a clean sweep/slate since Shad Con bought the team, always some leftover was the new man in charge. I say, keep Baalke since Doug was fine with it, let them sink or swim together, but if the ship sinks.... Please be rid of any leftovers and truly start fresh. This team needs it.
This is true. That's why I keep saying he'll keep Baalke regardless of this year's outcome.

He'll just add another layer above his head in the front office. He did the same with Caldwell when he hired Coughlin.

I really think a move towards getting a Rick Spielman or Rick Smith could help or maybe go out in left field and hire someone like Adam Peters from the 49ers or Joe Horitz from the Ravens.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Don’t know if I can deal with yet another rebuild. Maybe they can get there by just reworking the lines.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

These are my words of angry overreaction.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 09:58 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-24-2023, 09:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Baalke can go, but this Franchise is 100% done for if they entirely blow it all up again. Like, sell the team and completely get rid of it type of done. It'll be over.

That should be on the new GM if Doug is the coach or not.  I would tell Doug though if Press calls plays we want to part ways.

(12-24-2023, 09:44 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Don’t know if I can deal with yet another rebuild. Maybe they can get there by just reworking the lines.

We can't let Doug get his guys.  We need a GM that kind find blue chip players.  Doug isn't a good evaluater of talent and neither is Baalke.  Rick's Spielman drafted a lot of good players for the Vikings.  Would love to add him.

(12-24-2023, 09:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 09:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Baalke can go, but this Franchise is 100% done for if they entirely blow it all up again. Like, sell the team and completely get rid of it type of done. It'll be over.

That should be on the new GM if Doug is the coach or not.  I would tell Doug though if Press calls plays we want to part ways.

Exactly.  Baalke can get fired, but if Press Taylor is going to be the Offensive Coordinator, then really what's the point?

We upgrade the O-Line, but if the offense is still run like a 1980's offense, we'll never be Super Bowl Contenders.  Sure, we'll always vie for the playoffs, but Press Taylor's offense is nothing like legit offenses.

Heck, we've watched for the last 4 weeks teams with lesser QBs and just a weak O-Lines look amazing against us.  While our offense is stuck in neutral.  It's gonna take more than just upgrading the O-Line to make this team look like how we did at the end of last year.

(12-24-2023, 10:02 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 09:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That should be on the new GM if Doug is the coach or not.  I would tell Doug though if Press calls plays we want to part ways.

Exactly.  Baalke can get fired, but if Press Taylor is going to be the Offensive Coordinator, then really what's the point?

We upgrade the O-Line, but if the offense is still run like a 1980's offense, we'll never be Super Bowl Contenders.  Sure, we'll always vie for the playoffs, but Press Taylor's offense is nothing like legit offenses.

Heck, we've watched for the last 4 weeks teams with lesser QBs and just a weak O-Lines look amazing against us.  While our offense is stuck in neutral.  It's gonna take more than just upgrading the O-Line to make this team look like how we did at the end of last year.

Dude, you have beat that into the ground.  He is just one of many problems.  We can't run the football and any OC will have problems when you can't run the football.  With that said,  he isn't a good playcaller though and not a guy I think you can win a SB with and that is the goal

Was a horrific draft last year. Drafted like a team that had no weaknesses. Reminded me of Gene Smith thinking he was only a punter away. Yes they were a little hamstrung with the cap last year but banking on young guys to all improve clearly blew up on them.

(12-24-2023, 10:20 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Was a horrific draft last year. Drafted like a team that had no weaknesses. Reminded me of Gene Smith thinking he was only a punter away. Yes they were a little hamstrung with the cap last year but banking on young guys to all improve clearly blew up on them.

I don't see that, we just drafted players that sucked and passed on really good players.  The bigboard sucked.  It was a very odd and [BLEEP] draft to pass up the really good players we did.  Teams that have no weakness can still draft good players.

They were drafting for niche needs such as a blocking tight end and a backup running back. Only reason to do that is if you think you are stacked across the two deep.

(12-24-2023, 10:33 PM)rfc17 Wrote: They were drafting for niche needs such as a blocking tight end and a backup running back. Only reason to do that is if you think you are stacked across the two deep.

If they were drafting for need they would of drafted oline and pass rush.  We had Etienne and just extended Engram.  You can draft blocking TEs in the mid to late rounds.  They repeatedly said they are taking the top player on their board and not going to draft for need and it was clear.  TE and RB was the least of our needs.  It's the right strategy their board just sucks.  If they came away with a Alvin Kamara and and a Sam LaPorta it would of been great picks.  It's not the positions that's the problems it drafting players that suck