Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will the Jaguars make the playoffs?
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Do you believe the Jaguars make the playoff (sitting at 8-6 currently)

It is tough because the Colts have a soft schedule.  They have the Falcons who just lost to Carolina, the Raiders who are not a good team, and the Texans who may not have Stroud back or a rusty Stroud.  They may just win out and I do not see how the Jaguars can do that.

The Bucs are a better football team than the Jaguars currently.   Mayfield is playing better football than Lawrence, they have a better receiving group with Kirk still being out, they have a better run game, better offensive line, just a better overall  offense. The defense is close either way.  I see the Jaguars losing this game pretty hard with or without Lawrence.

We should beat the Panthers but somehow believe this will be closer than many think.

The Titans I say is a toss up. If the Jaguars do not beat themselves it should be a win but only if.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This feels like one of the late Del Rio years, where we miss out on the Playoffs because we couldn't beat a below .500 team at the end of the season

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 03:54 AM by jessepeck1213.)

People are really down. I know we've lost 3 in a row but they were all to current playoff teams and we've dealt with a lot of injuries. I think if we get campbell and Cisco back and trevor can go that we'll run the table and be in good form for the postseason.

(12-19-2023, 03:54 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: People are really down. I know we've lost 3 in a row but they were all to current playoff teams and we've dealt with a lot of injuries. I think if we get campbell and Cisco back and trevor can go that we'll run the table and be in good form for the postseason.

If it weren’t for the refs in the Houston game this would be the fifth straight loss.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I want to believe yes but my eyes tell me no.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I just don’t know but I have a feeling we win out. The Bucs game is a toss up but my gut tells me we beat the tacks and Carolina. I suspect Indy will lose one more too and we have the tie breaker over them. If we don’t make the playoffs, it will be the most disappointing season since 2010 when, IIRC we needed one win in the last three and couldn’t get it,
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think this week we look a little rocky, but pull out the win. Moving on to the last few games, we figure out how to get the offense and defense both clicking and make a deep push in the playoffs... In Dougie I trust!
In Dougie I Trust!

Without Kirk it’s going to be tough.

Need to win against the Bucs, which seems a much taller task now.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 08:47 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

no,and the jags are not winning another game this season.  prepare yourselves for another loseing season. 8-9. Last season was a fluke.   we suck again ,and loserville is back.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-19-2023, 08:47 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no,and the jags are not winning another game this season.  prepare yourselves for another loseing season. 8-9. Last season was a fluke.   we suck again ,and loserville is back.

When the chips are down in the final two weeks of the season? I expect this team to win against the likes of the Panthers and tacks. They'll finish 10 - 7 and either win the AFC South or earn that 5th - 7th seed somehow. 

I expect an ugly bounce in the first round of the play-off's, whether it's on the road or at home, but, they'll get in. Have faith. Some of you people on here disappoint the hell out of me. It's sad really.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I voted yes, but I really see it as 50-50. We have so many injuries. But if we go 2-1, the Colts or Titans have to go 3-0. And they're not immune from losing, either.

(12-19-2023, 09:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 08:47 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no,and the jags are not winning another game this season.  prepare yourselves for another loseing season. 8-9. Last season was a fluke.   we suck again ,and loserville is back.

When the chips are down in the final two weeks of the season? I expect this team to win against the likes of the Panthers and tacks. They'll finish 10 - 7 and either win the AFC South or earn that 5th - 7th seed somehow. 

I expect an ugly bounce in the first round of the play-off's, whether it's on the road or at home, but, they'll get in. Have faith. Some of you people on here disappoint the hell out of me. It's sad really.

Why would you expect a bad loss? Are you really worried about playing the North teams again? I'm really not, I think we should've won those games and we'll win if we play any of them again. Buffalo and the Phins are both flawed teams and the chefs aren't the same team they've been. The Jags lost two games badly this year where they were just flat out beat. The other losses, even last week against the ratbirds, were games they screwed up more than they got beat. If they can quit shooting themselves in the foot with the miscues, misfires, missed scoring opportunities, and missed defensive assignments it will be ok. They aren't a bad team, but they are playing badly in spots enough to lose games they should win. Maybe they really do need a bit more talent, but I've seen them make enough plays this year to know they could win these close games they are losing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-19-2023, 04:21 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 03:54 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: People are really down. I know we've lost 3 in a row but they were all to current playoff teams and we've dealt with a lot of injuries. I think if we get campbell and Cisco back and trevor can go that we'll run the table and be in good form for the postseason.

If it weren’t for the refs in the Houston game this would be the fifth straight loss.

You mean the ones who gifted Houston a TD on a bull [BLEEP] INT?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I don’t think we make it. Tampa is most likely a loss as Trevor probably will not play, and their offense is getting hot and needs a W to win their division. I do believe we beat Carolina. Tennessee at their house, with an opportunity to bump us out scares the heck of out of me. Barring some losses from other teams, I can’t see 9-8 getting us in

(12-19-2023, 09:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 09:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote: When the chips are down in the final two weeks of the season? I expect this team to win against the likes of the Panthers and tacks. They'll finish 10 - 7 and either win the AFC South or earn that 5th - 7th seed somehow. 

Why would you expect a bad loss? Are you really worried about playing the North teams again? I'm really not, I think we should've won those games and we'll win if we play any of them again. Buffalo and the Phins are both flawed teams and the chefs aren't the same team they've been. The Jags lost two games badly this year where they were just flat out beat. The other losses, even last week against the ratbirds, were games they screwed up more than they got beat. If they can quit shooting themselves in the foot with the miscues, misfires, missed scoring opportunities, and missed defensive assignments it will be ok. They aren't a bad team, but they are playing badly in spots enough to lose games they should win. Maybe they really do need a bit more talent, but I've seen them make enough plays this year to know they could win these close games they are losing.
I don't want any part of Buffalo or Miami.

When teams play Miami and their offense for the first time, they average 37 points per game. This Jags team hasn't played an offense like that.

But to answer the original question, if Trevor plays Sunday, the Jags will win out and finish 11-6.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 09:38 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

(12-19-2023, 09:30 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 04:21 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If it weren’t for the refs in the Houston game this would be the fifth straight loss.

You mean the ones who gifted Houston a TD on a bull [BLEEP] INT?

Exactly.  Get the [BLEEP] outta here with that nonsense.

When fully healthy, we can roll with anyone in the AFC. I hope Trevor clears protocol and plays this week. I’ll be a bit concerned about the outcome if he doesn’t. Otherwise I think we win out.

Recency bias is a thing. Just check the fan message board of any NFL team.

(12-19-2023, 09:35 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 09:30 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You mean the ones who gifted Houston a TD on a bull [BLEEP] INT?

Exactly.  Get the [BLEEP] outta here with that nonsense.

When fully healthy, we can roll with anyone in the AFC.  I hope Trevor clears protocol and plays this week.  I’ll be a bit concerned about the outcome if he doesn’t.  Otherwise I think we win out.

Recency bias is a thing.  Just check the fan message board of any NFL team.

I mean look at Philly. They've also just dropped 3 in a row, two being blowout losses. Yes they're locked into the playoffs already, but do you think they're really panicking over there? No. Better to hit a slump and dig out of it now than to hit that slump the first week of the playoffs.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-19-2023, 09:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 09:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote: When the chips are down in the final two weeks of the season? I expect this team to win against the likes of the Panthers and tacks. They'll finish 10 - 7 and either win the AFC South or earn that 5th - 7th seed somehow. 

I have faith that they'll just make it into the play-off's, but, I have no faith right now outside of Lawrence and Engram on offense and Allen, Walker and Oluokon on defense. 

That's five starters we're expecting to will this whole team to a win out of twenty-two and I just don't see it man. The trenches scare the hell out of me. 

I know, anything is possible and anything goes in the play-off's but teams like Buffalo and Miami are a challenge now this late into the season. And odds are, one of them wins the AFC East in a final showdown and one of them is coming here potentially or we're going to see them potentially depending on how our year plays out. 

Cleveland's defense is a challenge. I would like to see another crack at them though if I am being honest. Cincinnati is probably my least favorite AFC North team to see again. I honestly like our chances MORE against the Ravens than I do the Bengals. As wild as that may sound right now.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Jags have 6 losses. Let's take a look shall we?

KC- Division leader
Houston- 8-6 record
SF- #1 seed in the NFC
Cincy- 8-6 playoff team
Cleveland- 9-5 top wildcard team
Baltimore- #1 seed in the AFC

And those last 3 losses have come with Trevor being hobbled and the defense playing it's worst games of the year in 2 of them. It's dark right now but the tide is going to turn. I feel it.