Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will the Jaguars make the playoffs?
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Do you believe the Jaguars make the playoff (sitting at 8-6 currently)

(12-19-2023, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags have 6 losses. Let's take a look shall we?

KC- Division leader
Houston- 8-6 record
SF- #1 seed in the NFC
Cincy- 8-6 playoff team
Cleveland- 9-5 top wildcard team
Baltimore- #1 seed in the AFC

And those last 3 losses have come with Trevor being hobbled and the defense playing it's worst games of the year in 2 of them. It's dark right now but the tide is going to turn. I feel it.

Hopefully soon. 

[Image: 45dcc8852320d1534b32251622f1bf73.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2023, 08:47 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no,and the jags are not winning another game this season.  prepare yourselves for another loseing season. 8-9. Last season was a fluke.   we suck again ,and loserville is back.

Wolfie, I like it better when you're a beacon of positivity. Stop listening to your Dad and naysayers about all the doom and gloom. 

All we need to do is win ONE of the next THREE games to secure a winning record. And we have the Panthers on that schedule, i'll make you a bet that they win at least one of the remaining games. I'm as tired and frustrated with losing as anyone, but we just played 3 playoff teams in a row very close and very tough. I see no reason why we can't finish strong assuming Trevor is healthy.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We are cold as ice awhile Colts and Texans are a raging fire. We have maybe one win left on the schedule. We'll miss the playoffs.

https://youtu.be/4ab2pnlWkd4

I say no. Too many injuries and the team is playing scared. Unless leadership can rally the troops, I think we win 1 or 2 more and miss the dance.

(12-19-2023, 11:10 AM)Newton Wrote: I say no. Too many injuries and the team is playing scared. Unless leadership can rally the troops, I think we win 1 or 2 more and miss the dance.

If we win 2 more we'll be in. Indy or Houston will lose by default week 18. The other needs to drop one other game. If we win 2, odds are we're in.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 11:20 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

its not a matter of being negtiave ,or listening to my dad.   major injurys to key players,and even before those guys got injuryed  jags were loseing.   the team sucks again,on a 3 game loseing streak,bucs are hot,panthers just won thier seconed game  againest falcons,and  tittians are playing better then jags are right now. its realitly ,not being negtiave. the team sucks again. its the truth.   people can't take off the teal glasses to see we suck again.   

on a side note if  we end up winning at least one of the next 3 games,ill be more then glad to come, and eat crow.  I also expect to hear i was right when we lose out, and end up 8-9

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...23331?s=20

Win 2 and you're in.

(12-19-2023, 11:19 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: its not a matter of being negtiave ,or listening to my dad.   major injurys to key players,and even before those guys got injuryed  jags were loseing.   the team sucks again,on a 3 game loseing streak,bucs are hot,panthers just won thier seconed game  againest falcons,and  tittians are playing better then jags are right now. its realitly ,not being negtiave. the team sucks again. its the truth.   people can't take off the teal glasses to see we suck again.   

on a side note if  we end up winning at least one of the next 3 games,ill be more then glad to come, and eat crow.  I also expect to hear i was right when we lose out, and end up 8-9
Ok, if they win one you will have to actually kill and eat a crow in a video. Mmmmmmm crow. I hear ketchup helps kill the nasty taste.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-19-2023, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 11:19 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: its not a matter of being negtiave ,or listening to my dad.   major injurys to key players,and even before those guys got injuryed  jags were loseing.   the team sucks again,on a 3 game loseing streak,bucs are hot,panthers just won thier seconed game  againest falcons,and  tittians are playing better then jags are right now. its realitly ,not being negtiave. the team sucks again. its the truth.   people can't take off the teal glasses to see we suck again.   

Ok, if they win one you will have to actually kill and eat a crow in a video. Mmmmmmm crow. I hear ketchup helps kill the nasty taste.

He's already allegedly kissed a goat. Eating a literal crow is too much wildlife interaction for one season.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Lets make a wager Wolfie; if the Jaguars win one of the next 3 games to secure a winning record. You post the worlds BEST!!! Hype video for the playoffs or next season (your choice). If they lose out like you say, i will be happy to eat crow and and write a 2 page essay about how loserville is back and that I was wearing teal glasses when you were so obviously right.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(12-19-2023, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags have 6 losses. Let's take a look shall we?

KC- Division leader
Houston- 8-6 record
SF- #1 seed in the NFC
Cincy- 8-6 playoff team

And those last 3 losses have come with Trevor being hobbled and the defense playing it's worst games of the year in 2 of them. It's dark right now but the tide is going to turn. I feel it.

Exactly. We've lost to good teams and injuries to key players have hurt us. We've been close in all those games (except Niners) and we've beaten ourselves in those games. They are fixable mistakes 

Plus the Niners lost 3 in a row, Eagles have lost last 3, Chiefs lost 2 in a row, no team has blown everyone away and has had a rough stretch. The next 3 are very winnable and can get us right for January.

(12-19-2023, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...23331?s=20

Win 2 and you're in.

This is my stance. I don't know what to expect this Sunday with the Buccaneers. They're playing for their title in the South as well. Mayfield and Evans are on a hot steak now with three straight wins.

Given the concussion with Lawrence I just don't know what to expect. So, I'll say this is a hard fought win or tough loss but this team MUST come up with wins over the likes of Carolina and tennessee. There's just no excuses for those last two weeks in my opinion.

You're still in the driver seat in the AFC South. Fate is still in your hands. Don't fumble it further than it's already been.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

There's just no way to know at this point. This week's game will be very tough as they're getting the Bucs at the absolute worst time. The offensive line is a mess and if Walker Little's injury doesn't heal by Sunday they may have to sit him. Giving up 8 pressures against the Ravens speaks volumes. Zay Jones is very unlikely to play so the passing game will be very compromised with Ridley being doubled constantly. As tough as Trevor is, he may not even be able to play due to the concussion protocol.

The Jaguars most likely road to the playoffs is to finish 10-7 and hope the Colts somehow lose to the Falcons this week and then beat the Texans the final week of the season. They would then win the tiebreaker to get in as AFC Champs. I just have a bad feeling that the Texans will run the table if Stroud returns this week. After pulling out last week's game vs. the Titans, they remind me of last year's Jaguars. The road to a wildcard is tougher since they lose tiebreakers to the Browns and Bengals and the Bills are very hot and could win out.

The jaguars need a get right game. Let’s hope that’s this Sunday.

Didn’t know Zay was hurt again. That kind of seals a loss for Sunday

KC- Division leader
Houston- 8-6 record
SF- #1 seed in the NFC
Cincy- 8-6 playoff team

Good teams

We’ll find out. That’s why they play the games.

(12-19-2023, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

Ketchup will neutralize the unsavory germs too.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 01:39 PM by WYjagsfan.)

With the schedule we probably "should" make the playoffs but the ways this team has found to beat itself in recent games I'm not really confident