Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will the Jaguars make the playoffs?
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Do you believe the Jaguars make the playoff (sitting at 8-6 currently)

(12-19-2023, 09:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 08:47 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no,and the jags are not winning another game this season.  prepare yourselves for another loseing season. 8-9. Last season was a fluke.   we suck again ,and loserville is back.

When the chips are down in the final two weeks of the season? I expect this team to win against the likes of the Panthers and tacks. They'll finish 10 - 7 and either win the AFC South or earn that 5th - 7th seed somehow. 

I expect an ugly bounce in the first round of the play-off's, whether it's on the road or at home, but, they'll get in. Have faith. Some of you people on here disappoint the hell out of me. It's sad really.

I agree with this completely. The answer is yes we make it, but we'll have a wide open calendar after the first weekend.

Safe bet too that they'll find a way to put our WC game on Saturday at 11 AM or some baloney like that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 01:48 PM by Mikey.)

(12-19-2023, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 11:19 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: its not a matter of being negtiave ,or listening to my dad.   major injurys to key players,and even before those guys got injuryed  jags were loseing.   the team sucks again,on a 3 game loseing streak,bucs are hot,panthers just won thier seconed game  againest falcons,and  tittians are playing better then jags are right now. its realitly ,not being negtiave. the team sucks again. its the truth.   people can't take off the teal glasses to see we suck again.   

on a side note if  we end up winning at least one of the next 3 games,ill be more then glad to come, and eat crow.  I also expect to hear i was right when we lose out, and end up 8-9
Ok, if they win one you will have to actually kill and eat a crow in a video. Mmmmmmm crow. I hear ketchup helps kill the nasty taste.

That's disgusting. 

Use mustard, ketchup is for five year olds.

(12-19-2023, 11:55 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Ok, if they win one you will have to actually kill and eat a crow in a video. Mmmmmmm crow. I hear ketchup helps kill the nasty taste.

He's already allegedly kissed a goat. Eating a literal crow is too much wildlife interaction for one season.

If the goat eats the crow Trevor will break all of Brady's records. Book it.

(12-19-2023, 01:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Didn’t know Zay was hurt again. That kind of seals a loss for Sunday

Looked like he yanked his other hammy trying to compensate for the knee. Probably means he's wrapped for the season/post. At this point let him sit and heal, we'll get em next year.

(12-19-2023, 01:47 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Ok, if they win one you will have to actually kill and eat a crow in a video. Mmmmmmm crow. I hear ketchup helps kill the nasty taste.

That's disgusting. 

(12-19-2023, 11:55 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: He's already allegedly kissed a goat. Eating a literal crow is too much wildlife interaction for one season.

Mustard is the most disgusting condiment ever created
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-19-2023, 01:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 01:47 PM)Mikey Wrote: That's disgusting. 

Mustard is the most disgusting condiment ever created

That would be mayonnaise.

Ketchup belongs on one thing only, French fries. That’s it.

(12-19-2023, 02:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ketchup belongs on one thing only, French fries. That’s it.

Agreed.

Ketchup = Fries
Mustard = Hotdogs and Hamburgers
Mayo = Never, unless you're pretty hammered and beggar's can't be chooser's at 2:00 AM in a fast food lane.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-19-2023, 02:25 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 01:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Mustard is the most disgusting condiment ever created

That's a strong #2
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-19-2023, 02:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 02:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ketchup belongs on one thing only, French fries. That’s it.

Agreed.

Ketchup = Fries
Mayo = Never, unless you're pretty hammered and beggar's can't be chooser's at 2:00 AM in a fast food lane.

Exactly.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 02:35 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Back on topic though. This team will have to play ketchup these next three weeks. Going to need Lawrence to put a little bit more mustard on some of his throws to bring the offense to life.

Hopefully this line can protect him better when he gets back, if not, he'll end up in Mayo at some point for something. Lettuce pray this doesn't happen.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 02:52 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2023, 12:09 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags have 6 losses. Let's take a look shall we?

KC- Division leader
Houston- 8-6 record
SF- #1 seed in the NFC
Cincy- 8-6 playoff team
Cleveland- 9-5 top wildcard team
Baltimore- #1 seed in the AFC

And those last 3 losses have come with Trevor being hobbled and the defense playing it's worst games of the year in 2 of them. It's dark right now but the tide is going to turn. I feel it.

Exactly. We've lost to good teams and injuries to key players have hurt us. We've been close in all those games (except Niners) and we've beaten ourselves in those games. They are fixable mistakes 

Plus the Niners lost 3 in a row, Eagles have lost last 3, Chiefs lost 2 in a row, no team has blown everyone away and has had a rough stretch. The next 3 are very winnable and can get us right for January.

I always enjoy the phrase "fixable mistakes". It provides hope for the fan. The question is, when will these mistakes get fixed? Sunday will be our 4th opportunity to fix the mistakes. What we need to be saying is that we are going to change our behaviour patterns, because right now, this team is in the habit of making mistakes. After 3 games, they arent just one-offs, its endemic behavior.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-19-2023, 12:07 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 11:19 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: its not a matter of being negtiave ,or listening to my dad.   major injurys to key players,and even before those guys got injuryed  jags were loseing.   the team sucks again,on a 3 game loseing streak,bucs are hot,panthers just won thier seconed game  againest falcons,and  tittians are playing better then jags are right now. its realitly ,not being negtiave. the team sucks again. its the truth.   people can't take off the teal glasses to see we suck again.   

on a side note if  we end up winning at least one of the next 3 games,ill be more then glad to come, and eat crow.  I also expect to hear i was right when we lose out, and end up 8-9

Lets make a wager Wolfie; if the Jaguars win one of the next 3 games to secure a winning record. You post the worlds BEST!!! Hype video for the playoffs or next season (your choice). If they lose out like you say, i will be happy to eat crow and and write a 2 page essay about how loserville is back and that I was wearing teal glasses when you were so obviously right.

first off i wouldn't ever eat a real crow. rember we say eatting crow or if we are wrong about something.   Firesky i love your idea the best, so you got a bet.  if jags win one of the next 3 not only will i make the best hype video ever ,i will make it in public in front of other people at our local nature center were i work.   I say its a bet fire sky?  what you you say?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-19-2023, 02:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 12:09 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Exactly. We've lost to good teams and injuries to key players have hurt us. We've been close in all those games (except Niners) and we've beaten ourselves in those games. They are fixable mistakes 

Plus the Niners lost 3 in a row, Eagles have lost last 3, Chiefs lost 2 in a row, no team has blown everyone away and has had a rough stretch. The next 3 are very winnable and can get us right for January.

I always enjoy the phrase "fixable mistakes". It provides hope for the fan. The question is, when will these mistakes get fixed? Sunday will be our 4th opportunity to fix the mistakes.  What we need to be saying is that we are going to change our behaviour patterns, because right now, this team is in the habit of making mistakes.  After 3 games, they arent just one-offs, its endemic behavior.

Well injuries, Oline struggles and lack of pass rush are only fixable in the offseason. Those are things we have to deal with and overcome. Missing FG's, RZ turnovers, miscommunication, missed tackles are fixable mistakes. Those have been the killers. Of course its easy to say it's fixable and they'll sort it out but I have faith in the coaches and players to be able to do that.

(12-19-2023, 02:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Back on topic though. This team will have to play ketchup these next three weeks. Going to need Lawrence to put a little bit more mustard on some of his throws to bring the offense to life.

Hopefully this line can protect him better when he gets back, if not, he'll end up in Mayo at some point for something. Lettuce pray this doesn't happen.

I would really relish a victory.

(12-19-2023, 02:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Agreed.

Ketchup = Fries

Spicy mayo and yellow mustard on a turkey and cheese sandwich is a damn good drunken stupor meal.

(12-19-2023, 09:30 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 04:21 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If it weren’t for the refs in the Houston game this would be the fifth straight loss.

You mean the ones who gifted Houston a TD on a bull [BLEEP] INT?

Also, if not for that weak holding call in OT, we would have won the Bengals game. Not to mention, the constant PI the Browns were getting away with.

(12-19-2023, 02:25 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 01:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Mustard is the most disgusting condiment ever created

I was going to say the same.

(12-19-2023, 01:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Didn’t know Zay was hurt again. That kind of seals a loss for Sunday

Swagnew gives us some fire power.

(12-19-2023, 07:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Swagnew gives us some fire power.
He actually had a damn good game overall.

He had the only spark on offense and he was running his [BLEEP] off on several returns.

Going to hurt probably not having him back next year.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I believe the Jags will squeak into the Playoffs.

However, it should not have even been this close *sigh* In typical #becausejaguars fashion, it's going to come down to the last few games. Being in survival mode hobbled and injured.

It would be ironic though if the Colts get in, lead by Gardner Minshew