Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will the Jaguars make the playoffs?
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Do you believe the Jaguars make the playoff (sitting at 8-6 currently)

I feel like we will make it in, but at this point I don't think we go much further than a first or second round loss. Hope i'm wrong, but this offense is too weak to go anywhere and while our D has had some solid performances, they aren't carrying us anywhere like it did in 2017.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 02:18 AM by nhiverson.)

(12-19-2023, 11:17 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 11:10 AM)Newton Wrote: I say no. Too many injuries and the team is playing scared. Unless leadership can rally the troops, I think we win 1 or 2 more and miss the dance.

If we win 2 more we'll be in. Indy or Houston will lose by default week 18. The other needs to drop one other game. If we win 2, odds are we're in.

CJ may be out this week vs Browns that and maybe he gets back to beat the clots. That would be good outcome. Falcons are starting Taylor Heinicke vs clots maybe he boosts them to a win.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 09:36 AM by Mikey.)

(12-19-2023, 01:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 01:47 PM)Mikey Wrote: That's disgusting. 

Use mustard, ketchup is for five year olds.

If the goat eats the crow Trevor will break all of Brady's records. Book it.

Mustard is the most disgusting condiment ever created

Please allow me to introduce you to Mayochup.

I had to apologize for the cleanup in aisle 7.

(12-19-2023, 02:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ketchup belongs on one thing only, French fries. That’s it.

but then you get ketchup in your Frosty, and that's gross. Wink

(12-19-2023, 02:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 02:25 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: That would be mayonnaise.

That's a strong #2

No, #2 is the result of excessive mayo consumption.

(12-19-2023, 02:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Back on topic though. This team will have to play ketchup these next three weeks. Going to need Lawrence to put a little bit more mustard on some of his throws to bring the offense to life.

Hopefully this line can protect him better when he gets back, if not, he'll end up in Mayo at some point for something. Lettuce pray this doesn't happen.

I like what you did, poutine all those condiment references in there.

Big Grin 

(12-19-2023, 04:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 02:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Back on topic though. This team will have to play ketchup these next three weeks. Going to need Lawrence to put a little bit more mustard on some of his throws to bring the offense to life.

Hopefully this line can protect him better when he gets back, if not, he'll end up in Mayo at some point for something. Lettuce pray this doesn't happen.

I would really relish a victory.

That would be sweet!

They can make it into the play off's, it'll be tough. They're just not physically tough enough to keep up offensively in the trenches. That's the biggest problem. We have the QB, we have the RB and we have the TE. We have some WR's. We just don't have the toughness to consistently bully people backwards to keep a defense honest.

It keeps coming back to Lawrence. He has to essentially play perfect football out there or this team doesn't stand a chance. The defense also has to play physical at the point of attack, they have to shutdown the opposing running game so we get more opportunities at the play clock for Lawrence and they all have to play mistake free.

We keep getting into these god awful 2nd and long situations because we can't move the ball the way we want to on the ground and when we do start building momentum, somebody jumps early or lines up wrong or something just goes wrong. Especially in these tougher games that we've lost.

But, it is what it is. Lawrence will have to carry this team on his back, whether he returns this weekend, next weekend, etc. It's on him. It's starting to slip away a little bit, and, there has to be a sense of urgency. These next three games have to be their best three games on the year and they have to be complete football games. I think they'll do it though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/the-...guars-2023

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-20-2023, 02:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/the-...guars-2023

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Anyone who still wants to slam Trevor and perhaps even turn on him as some have after reading that article, are, insane

I'd rather the Jags not make the playoffs than get knocked out by the Bills/Browns/Bungles. Then, maybe just maybe Khan would see fit to fire Baalke.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-20-2023, 04:04 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I'd rather the Jags not make the playoffs than get knocked out by the Bills/Browns/Bungles. Then, maybe just maybe Khan would see fit to fire Baalke.

Do not count on it. Khan kept around Caldwell and Bradley for years

(12-20-2023, 11:50 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 04:04 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I'd rather the Jags not make the playoffs than get knocked out by the Bills/Browns/Bungles. Then, maybe just maybe Khan would see fit to fire Baalke.

Do not count on it. Khan kept around Caldwell and Bradley for years

Yes, and I'm sure a self made billionaire has never, ever learned anything from any of the mistakes he made in his life. Certainly he just keeps repeating them. 

He fired Meyer after 13 games.

The Jags biggest problems:

1. They can't run the ball and therefore everything falls on Lawrence which he is good enough to combat that, but eventually it will catch up which it has.

2. Injuries - I'm not going to over look this because it has had an impact. From the QB battling through injuries to the DB's and more.

3. Offensive turnovers have been an issue. Almost all the games we have lost have been from this issue. Take care of the ball and you probably are the first seed at this point.

4. Lack of a pass rush still plaques this team. J. Allen has been phenomenal, but name someone else who has helped. I will say I believe T. Walker is getting better and could be the breakout player in these last couple weeks.

5. Offensive line play has been subpar, which some can be attributed to #2 above but we are weak in the middle with no push. 

FWIW my playoff prediction - I believe they make it but only because the last 3 games we have. I think we lose against the Bucs, then win out and take the division because of the tie breakers. But not expecting much in the playoffs one and done until we fix the above issues. The only thing that changes this is we get hot like last year but we had health this time last year.

(12-21-2023, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 11:50 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Do not count on it. Khan kept around Caldwell and Bradley for years

Yes, and I'm sure a self made billionaire has never, ever learned anything from any of the mistakes he made in his life. Certainly he just keeps repeating them. 

He's always waited too long to fire people, even on his business side. All the quick firings in the NFL that he has done were made for him. He had no choice because of off the field actions that caused him to have to act.

He's keeping Baalke around because of all the failures he has made. He doesn't know football and wants someone to help run the team but Baalke isn't it. I don't think he wants to interview more GMs. Hopefully they find some football president or whatever to dump Baalke or demote his responsibility to remove draft/college scouting.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-22-2023, 04:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes, and I'm sure a self made billionaire has never, ever learned anything from any of the mistakes he made in his life. Certainly he just keeps repeating them. 

He's always waited too long to fire people, even on his business side. All the quick firings in the NFL that he has done were made for him. He had no choice because of off the field actions that caused him to have to act.

He's keeping Baalke around because of all the failures he has made. He doesn't know football and wants someone to help run the team but Baalke isn't it. I don't think he wants to interview more GMs. Hopefully they find some football president or whatever to dump Baalke or demote his responsibility to remove draft/college scouting.

Well - I'm not going to pretend I know what Shad Khan is thinking about his current front office arrangement the way you are, but I will say this: 

The past two drafts we have heard Baalke make comments about collaborating with coaches on draft selections more than I've ever heard from a Jaguars GM. 
Looking at the drafts and looking back on Pederson's teams in Philly - it really does look like Baalke is making every effort to give the HC and his staff what they want. 

Again - I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what is happening and I don't like the game of "player X was a Baalke pick and player Z was a Doug pick" 
I don't know where they draw the lines on pick collaboration, I just feel strongly that Doug has his hands in the cookie jar on draft day and  while I'm not opposed to that, it makes me hesitant to pin everything on the GM. 

I know I'm skeptical of three picks from the most recent draft , 3 players from the one before that, and the one prior was great aside from the 4th round selections. 

Those 4th rounders from 2021 are never going to work out - but of the 6 other players in question - 2 or 3 could still end up solid contributors or better. I'll wait on that before crucifying Baalke. 

The larger issue for me is positional value from the past two drafts - and I again find myself looking down two barrels of a dbl-barrelled shotgun with Baalke on one side and Pederson on the other. I'm not sure which guy to blame for passing up interior OL players for positions of lesser need. I'm not sure which one was pounding the table for Luke Fortner or Chad Muma or Ventral Miller. I just know they have some serious work to do in 2024 to overcome their decisions made in rostering this team the past two offseasons.

I'm not losing my mind over it.
I'm not painting a clown face over any staff members photo.
Even though I started a thread around Halloween of 2022 pointing out the road we were headed down with this interior offensive line that many here dismissed as too critical - I'm not losing my mind over the OL failures. 

I am going to sit back and see what they do in the Spring to fix the line and try to discern what tack they are steering to right the ship. 

If they draft another RB and ILB before the 5th round you may see a meltdown from me. 
I'm not there yet.

(12-22-2023, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 04:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote: He's always waited too long to fire people, even on his business side. All the quick firings in the NFL that he has done were made for him. He had no choice because of off the field actions that caused him to have to act.

Well - I'm not going to pretend I know what Shad Khan is thinking about his current front office arrangement the way you are, but I will say this: 

The past two drafts we have heard Baalke make comments about collaborating with coaches on draft selections more than I've ever heard from a Jaguars GM. 
Looking at the drafts and looking back on Pederson's teams in Philly - it really does look like Baalke is making every effort to give the HC and his staff what they want. 

Again - I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what is happening and I don't like the game of "player X was a Baalke pick and player Z was a Doug pick" 
I don't know where they draw the lines on pick collaboration, I just feel strongly that Doug has his hands in the cookie jar on draft day and  while I'm not opposed to that, it makes me hesitant to pin everything on the GM. 

I know I'm skeptical of three picks from the most recent draft , 3 players from the one before that, and the one prior was great aside from the 4th round selections. 

Those 4th rounders from 2021 are never going to work out - but of the 6 other players in question - 2 or 3 could still end up solid contributors or better. I'll wait on that before crucifying Baalke. 

The larger issue for me is positional value from the past two drafts - and I again find myself looking down two barrels of a dbl-barrelled shotgun with Baalke on one side and Pederson on the other. I'm not sure which guy to blame for passing up interior OL players for positions of lesser need. I'm not sure which one was pounding the table for Luke Fortner or Chad Muma or Ventral Miller. I just know they have some serious work to do in 2024 to overcome their decisions made in rostering this team the past two offseasons.

I'm not losing my mind over it.
I'm not painting a clown face over any staff members photo.
Even though I started a thread around Halloween of 2022 pointing out the road we were headed down with this interior offensive line that many here dismissed as too critical - I'm not losing my mind over the OL failures. 

I am going to sit back and see what they do in the Spring to fix the line and try to discern what tack they are steering to right the ship. 

If they draft another RB and ILB before the 5th round you may see a meltdown from me. 
I'm not there yet.

I firmly believe Doug felt the oline was serviceable, we got our RT, Little was trending up, assumption in year 2 our center would progress. Then the attempt to fix it by bringing in Cleveland. The same probably goes for the dline. Hamiltons situation really put a wrench in things. I think it all comes back to us being 2 years away from drafting #1 back to back. Our roster just sucks and I'm betting they were trying to not tie up a whole lot of cap with all the big signings coming up. All assumption, but what happens in the off season next year will make or break my feelings for Baalke.
In Dougie I Trust!

(12-23-2023, 01:15 AM)Hurricane Wrote: I think it all comes back to us being 2 years away from drafting #1 back to back. Our roster just sucks and I'm betting they were trying to not tie up a whole lot of cap with all the big signings coming up. All assumption, but what happens in the off season next year will make or break my feelings for Baalke.

The draft was a result of them trying to find replacements at TE and RB. They don't want to spend too much there and OL are cheaper than skill positions. The issue is they missed at C and the RG is too old now, so his zone blocking and pulling are bad now while he was never a power run blocker.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 06:11 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Will the Jaguars make the playoffs? 

The New York Times simulator, or whatever it's called, says that if we lose to the Bucs but win our last 2 games, we have a 96% chance of making the playoffs.  

How the Jacksonville Jaguars Can Make the Playoffs: Through Week 15 - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Rooting for the falcons since its the game i got on tv, they playing the colts tough

Go falcons

I like Minshew but hell with the clots. Go Dirty Birds!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-24-2023, 03:48 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I like Minshew but hell with the clots. Go Dirty Birds!

This