Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TE Evan Engram sets Jaguars record for 2nd season in a row

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 11:19 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Evan Engram has surpassed all expectations since signing a contract extension of 2 years just before the 2023 season.

Last season he broke the TE franchise record for receiving yards. This season he has set a few more TE records, and he’s currently picked up 33 first downs with 3 games remaining, which is the same amount he had last season. 

Engram now has 88 receptions which is a franchise record for a TE. He also has 4 or more receptions in 13 straight games which is also a franchise record by a TE and the 2nd most in team history behind Jaguars Legend, Jimmy Smith. 

Engram needs just 38 yards to break his own record from last season when he racked up 766 receiving yards. 

The 88 receptions he currently has is a career high. 

A TE has never been the leading receiver in the Jaguars 28 year history. Engram needs about 59 yards to become the Jaguars leading receiver. (Kirk has 787 receiving yards)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good football player. With three games left and the WR group beat to hell, he's on pace to probably grab close to or over 100 receptions this season. Hopefully along the way he nabs a few more TD's and hit's 1,000+ yards.

Really proud to call him a Jaguar after he was declared a Giant bust. We're fortunate to have him, and, again, if this team can get better along the offensive line and get the running game going? He's probably an even bigger asset to the team because then you have to respect the play action more.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023, 01:52 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor needs to use engram like Mahomes uses Kelce. Safety blanket all day. cheat code

(12-19-2023, 01:51 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Trevor needs to use engram like Mahomes uses Kelce. Safety blanket all day. cheat code

It wouldn't hurt. This has been brought up now a few times between some of the local folks and Colinsworth brought it up midgame. Trevor has to do a better job of playing money ball instead of kill em' all ball. He's always wanting the big play or kill shot downfield but he's had some easy one's underneath that he should be taking more often. 

It'll eventually come into the frame for him. He'll learn. It's admirable but he has to find that balance for this team on his end. I know it's a lot easier said than done when the offense is woefully imbalanced, but, you're right. Kelce has nickeled and dimed defenses to death for years now. 

Engram is in that same mold. Just have to set it up more and hook up on it more.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-19-2023, 01:51 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Trevor needs to use engram like Mahomes uses Kelce. Safety blanket all day. cheat code
In the 3 games since Kirk got injured (this includes Cincy), Engram has 27 targets. In his last 3 games, Kelce has 22 targets.

Engram was already heavily involved but he has been even more involved since Kirk went down.

(12-19-2023, 02:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
In the 3 games since Kirk got injured (this includes Cincy), Engram has 27 targets. In his last 3 games, Kelce has 22 targets.

Engram was already heavily involved but he has been even more involved since Kirk went down.

He has been, but, it just seems like he's had a very quiet 80+ catches this year. I said that in another thread last week. Does that make sense? LOL.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 08:04 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 4 times in total.)

Nobody even mentioned it but Engram tied his own Jaguars TE record for most receptions in a single game with 11 against Cleveland a couple weeks ago.

Did you know the Jaguars have only had 6 TE’s in team history that recorded 80 or more receiving yards in a SINGLE game? Engram, Lewis, Brady, Mitchell, Thomas, Harbor

Evan Engram is by far, the best TE in franchise history, and he did all this in just 31 games. He needs 410 receiving to be 2nd all time in Jaguars History for a TE for a career.

*Lewis played in 139 more games than Engram.
*Brady played in 89 more games than Engram.
*Mitchell played in 49 more games than Engram.

Jaguars TE career receiving yards list:
Lewis - 4502 (170 games)
Brady - 2500 (120 games)
Mitchell - 2091 (80 games)
*Engram - 1495 (31 games) WOW**
O’Shaughnessy - 1022 (57 games)

*Engram needs 31 receptions to become 3rd all time in career receptions for a Jaguars TE.

Engram also holds the Jaguars single game receiving record for a Jaguars TE:
Engram - 162
Mitchell - 161
Brady - 138
Thomas - 116
Engram - 113
Brady - 111
Lewis - 103
Engram - 95
Harbor - 91
Engram - 88
Brady - 85
Engram - 82
Mitchell - 80

Most receptions in a single-game by a Jaguars TE:
Engram - 11 (against Tennessee 2022)
Engram 11 (against Cleveland 2023)
Brady - 10 (against Dallas)
Engram - 10 (against Pittsburgh 2023)
Mitchell - 10 (against Tampa Bay)
Engram - 9 (against Cincinnati 2023)
Thomas - 9 (against then, San Diego)

*Engram is the only TE in franchise history with 10 or more receptions in a single game multiple times. (3)

*Engram also holds the Jaguars TE record for most first downs in a single game with 8 in his record breaking game against the Titans in 2022. (Unfortunately the NFL does not make this stat available to the public, so I’m not 100% on this)

Most first downs in a single-season by a Jaguars TE:
Brady - 39
Lewis - 37
Engram - 33 (2023) *3 games remaining in 2023
Engram - 33 (2022)
Mitchell - 28
Thomas - 25
Wrighster - 23

**Engram is the only TE in Jaguars History with 2 or more seasons with 30 first downs.

Yards per game by a Jaguars TE all-time:
Engram - 48.2
Thomas - 35.0
Lewis - 26.5
Mitchell - 26.1
Brady - 20.8

Jaguars all-time receiving Touchdowns for a TE:
Lewis - 33
Brady - 13
Mitchell - 11
Jones - 11
Thomas - 9
Wrighster - 9
Engram - 7

It’s crazy how long this franchise has went without a legit TE.

If Engram makes the Pro Bowl this season, it will be just the 2nd time in franchise history the Jaguars sent a TE. If he makes All-Pro, it would be the first time in franchise history the Jaguars would have an All-Pro TE.

With WR Christian Kirk out for the season, and with Engram’s contract expiring at the end of the 2024 season, Engram may set the Jaguars single-season TE receiving record so high, it may never get touched.

You’re witnessing Jaguars TE History.

We do... but it doesnt seem like it, Engram is great but he it seems theres something that lacks in his game, he isnt as shifty after the catch like Kelce and the HOF TEs...

Awesome pickup

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 08:08 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-20-2023, 07:13 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:

We do... but it doesnt seem like it, Engram is great but he it seems theres something that lacks in his game, he isnt as shifty after the catch like Kelce and the HOF TEs...

I disagree. Engram is also not a hall of fame TE, but he’s the best TE this franchise has ever had.

(12-20-2023, 08:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 07:13 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: We do... but it doesnt seem like it, Engram is great but he it seems theres something that lacks in his game, he isnt as shifty after the catch like Kelce and the HOF TEs...

I disagree. Engram is also not a hall of fame TE, but he’s the best TE this franchise has ever had.

Agree but that's not saying much...

(12-20-2023, 07:13 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:

Kelce- 407 YAC
Engram- 405 YAC

Good try though.

Well when your measuring stick as a franchise is a below average TE like Marcedes Lewis, it's not surprising to see team records get smashed by a guy like Engram.

(12-20-2023, 08:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 07:13 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: We do... but it doesnt seem like it, Engram is great but he it seems theres something that lacks in his game, he isnt as shifty after the catch like Kelce and the HOF TEs...

Careful. If he plays 5 or 6 more seasons being as productive as he has recently (which is very possible), he could finish with numbers in the range of HoF guys like Ozzie Smith or Kellen Winslow. He's no Gronk, but who is?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-21-2023, 12:15 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 08:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I disagree. Engram is also not a hall of fame TE, but he’s the best TE this franchise has ever had.

Careful. If he plays 5 or 6 more seasons being as productive as he has recently (which is very possible), he could finish with numbers in the range of HoF guys like Ozzie Smith or Kellen Winslow. He's no Gronk, but who is?

Kelce > Gronk

He is the best the jags have had. He passes up the great Mercedes Lewis

(12-22-2023, 01:28 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He is the best the jags have had. He passes up the great Mercedes Lewis

I agree.

(12-19-2023, 02:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-19-2023, 02:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: In the 3 games since Kirk got injured (this includes Cincy), Engram has 27 targets. In his last 3 games, Kelce has 22 targets.

He has been, but, it just seems like he's had a very quiet 80+ catches this year. I said that in another thread last week. Does that make sense? LOL.

Yes it makes sense, because your eyes tell you every week that this team is dysfunctional because of the mess in the trenches. Meanwhile the QB is playing terrific despite the circumstances but it still looks bad. How many time in the past did this franshise have a 31 point day and lose? How many times have we ever been in the top 10 in points scored? We're so used to being a terrible offense that we can't see the good that's happening here. All is not lost, but the one real flaw is killing us.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What an incredible season this cat is having. Too bad we lost the game.

With 10 receptions for 95 yards, Evan Engram just set the Jaguars TE franchise record for receiving yards in a single-season. He’s now at 824 receiving yards.

Engram added to his own franchise record for receptions in a single-season with 10 more receptions, which gives him 98 receptions on the season, with 2 games remaining.

These absurd re-curds could stand for a long time, unless he keeps breaking his own absurd re-curds.

(12-24-2023, 08:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: What an incredible season this cat is having. Too bad we lost the game. 

With 10 receptions for 95 yards, Evan Engram just set the Jaguars TE franchise record for receiving yards in a single-season. He’s now at 824 receiving yards.

Engram added to his own franchise record for receptions in a single-season with 10 more receptions, which gives him 98 receptions on the season, with 2 games remaining.

These absurd re-curds could stand for a long time, unless he keeps breaking his own absurd re-curds.

Dude is a consistent bright spot in a season of ups and downs. It’s wild that he seems to get overlooked. He’s a baller.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.