Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What do you do to stop the Bucs?

This is a big game. When you’re a contending football team, they all are.

This is a pivotal game in the Doug Pederson era. A win would put us in a great position to have extended success, instead of outlier seasons like 2017. A loss would be detrimental, and will likely give the Colts or Texans the division. A loss would also likely put you in a must-win with some help type of situation.

On defense this Sunday, maybe go man to man defense and get after Mayfield with 5 and 6 defenders on early downs and play the sticks on 3rd downs. 

On offense just feed Etienne. Let him do his thing and get Engram some looks down in the redzone. 

This would be the perfect game for a fake punt and try to steal a possession away and turn it into some points to get this team going. 

Special Teams needs to have a good day. Hopefully Swagnew can bust one, and McManus will get back on track. 

No stupid penalties and missed assignments. 

Should be a good game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You have to confuse and get after Mayfield for starters on defense. Where Mike Evans goes? Somebody else needs to follow or the coverage rolls in his favor. Have to play bully ball on defense against this team. They can get hot at any point in any game from what I have seen.

Offensively, not sure. If Lawrence plays? Have trust and faith in him to make the right decisions, if Beathard plays? Still have trust and faith in him to play above his status. Would running it help? Absolutely. Can they do it? I don't know. Remains to be seen. The play calls would have to perfectly executed, Etienne would have to make more magic out of thin air.

I think he leads the NFL with a ton of missed tackles in his direction but he probably gets clipped the most in the backfield at the same time, so, it's tough to say.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 11:55 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

I heard phat Tony on 1010 say Etienne does lead the league in missed tackles on catches and runs combined, according to PFF

Mike Evans can really hurt you down there in the redzone.

(12-20-2023, 11:54 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I heard phat Tony on 1010 say Etienne does lead the league in missed tackles on catches and runs combined, according to PFF

Mike Evans can really hurt you down there in the redzone.

Mike Evans will be the reason we win or lose this Sunday. You can almost bank it. At some point, that ball is going up once or twice for 50/50 opportunities and he'll make or break the game. He either gets it or somebody makes a big play on the football. 

I think this game will be close, regardless of the QB situation, but, it's going to come down to those two, three plays throughout the game and that's the difference.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This is the biggest game it the season. Hopefully the Bucs have a let down after their performance last week. We really need to play sound ball. Eliminate the mistakes.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 04:16 PM by Jag88. Edited 3 times in total.)

I’ve watched just about every Bucs game with friends. We usually watch jags because of me and Bucs not because of me. lol Anyways Evans and Godwin are excellent wrs. Jags defense need to rattle baker all game. Look back to the Bucs vs Texans. Jags can win this game and get back on track. By the way, the Bucs offense line is not that good. Walker and Allen might have a chance to wreck havoc. Luke goadeke is super suspect. Also, their running back needs to be stopped. Stop #1 and force baker into turnovers.

I wish Mike Evans was on our team

Same as always:

Pressure the QB
Just execute on offense without stupid errors

As with most every other game this year, if we don't beat ourselves we should be ok.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bring the defense we saw against the ravens....
and for goodness sake an offense that scores more than SEVEN points!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Nuke it

Don’t turn the ball over.
Run the ball.
Don’t drop the ball when it’s thrown to you.
Hit the QB; often.
Stop the run.
Be where you’re supposed to be.
Score in the red zone.
Create mismatches by formations.
Take the easy throws.
Defend the pass.
Be more physical on both lines.
Call plays the team can execute.
Take the home crowd out of the game.
And, finally, score more points than they do.

Seems these should be the objectives for every game.

Mayfield had a better game last week than Trevor ever has had in any game in his career. This doesn't look good for us.

(12-20-2023, 11:21 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Don’t turn the ball over.
Run the ball.
Hit the QB; often.
Stop the run.
Score in the red zone.
Take the easy throws.
Defend the pass.

Yes, but we need the team specific game plan vs the Tampa.  Smile

(12-20-2023, 11:21 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Don’t turn the ball over.
Run the ball.
Hit the QB; often.
Stop the run.
Score in the red zone.
Take the easy throws.
Defend the pass.

One major stat

3rd down efficency! Stop them on defense and make them on offense.

Don’t fumble
Don’t leave points on the field.

If we had managed to do those two things last week, then we had a shot at the ravens… as good as the bucs have been, they aren’t the ravens. It’s easy to be cynical about this team, that’s half the reason I’m keeping my distance from this place right now, but we are still a team who can throw their hat the ring with just about anyone when we are dialed in.

I agree with not leaving points out there.

(12-20-2023, 11:44 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Mayfield had a better game last week than Trevor ever has had in any game in his career. This doesn't look good for us.

Congrats to Baker, only took him 6 years to have his best game.

Trevor has had games that rivaled Baker's game against GB, not perfect passer rating games, but he's had similar level games.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Put laxatives in their sports drink.

Just stop the stupid mistakes and pressure the QB.
Mayfield isn't going to put up gaudy numbers if he feels enough heat.

The run game is apparently a ship that has sailed well beyond the horizon, so be ready to throw it all over the place when you eventually abandon the run.

I like this. [Image: 0d7237d19b659cbe79023bc3c6243b85.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk