Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Bucs GameDay thread***

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 08:12 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-24-2023, 07:52 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: See that's a loaded question because i'm not brain dead, i'm aware the line sucks. Do I think another QB could come in and have an MVP season? of course not. Do I think another QB could play much better than Trevor did this year? Absolutely.. Quite a few.

Name them.  This far into the season after being hit 2 seconds into a drop back.  Every throw is a quick timing route.  I’m as frustrated as every Jag fan but like every diehard fan we called out this offensive line and the braintrust did NOTHING to improve it.

This is exactly where the disconnect between myself, and a lot of you comes into play.

I will defend Trevor all day long when it's not his fault, tonight he threw 2 passes WAY over the head of open WRs into the arms of deep safeties. His fault, he was not pressured at all on the first throw and barely on the 2nd. 

Can go back to last week when he decided to drop the ball for no reason, or when he decided to throw a 2 yard pass with 8 seconds left in the half near the goal line..  I can accept him not playing insanely well because he has a lot working against him, but I am not going to excuse his individual mistakes when they are soley on him.

He consistently struggles to simply move the ball down the field, it's worrying when the guy rarely passes for more than 260 yards meanwhile bethard comes in and plays two drives, two seperate games and has nearly 100 yards both times.

Look at the Packers roster and explain to me why Jordan Love has been better this season, his first year starting than Trevor has ever been in his 3 seasons in the NFL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-24-2023, 08:09 PM)enigma Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:04 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: How they come out next week will tell us a lot.

We've been saying this the past 4-5 weeks, as each loss seemingly got worse than the one in the prior week.

Maybe we know who we are?

And that is a worry. We've seen this team respond to bad L's or bad runs but tonight was a worry. I don't want to keep banging on but the injuries are really hurting us but it's concerning not seeing guys step up or finding ways to overcome.

I think we win next week but I want to see the attitude they come out with. We're in a real fight now.

(12-24-2023, 08:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:52 PM)copycat Wrote: Name them.  This far into the season after being hit 2 seconds into a drop back.  Every throw is a quick timing route.  I’m as frustrated as every Jag fan but like every diehard fan we called out this offensive line and the braintrust did NOTHING to improve it.

This is exactly where the disconnect between myself, and a lot of you comes into play.

I will defend Trevor all day long when it's not his fault, tonight he threw 2 passes WAY over the head of open WRs into the arms of deep safeties. His fault, he was not pressured at all on the first throw and barely on the 2nd. 

Can go back to last week when he decided to drop the ball for no reason, or when he decided to throw a 2 yard pass with 8 seconds left in the half near the goal line..  I can accept him not playing insanely well because he has a lot working against him, but I am not going to excuse his individual mistakes when they are soley on him.

He consistently struggles to simply move the ball down the field, it's worrying when the guy rarely passes for more than 260 yards meanwhile bethard comes in and plays two drives, two seperate games and has nearly 100 yards both times.

Look at the Packers roster and explain to me why Jordan Love has been better this season, his first year starting than Trevor has ever been in his 3 seasons in the NFL.

No you won’t MVP/Oz.

(12-24-2023, 08:14 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is exactly where the disconnect between myself, and a lot of you comes into play.

No you won’t MVP/Oz.

This might be the first game I've seen CJB heavily criticizing Trevor since week 9 last year.

Damn. Fan base imploding. LOL.

2 weeks left. Give it 2 weeks before you put your 2 weeks in at least...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 08:19 PM by rpr52121.)

(12-24-2023, 07:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:09 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: They just said Trevor has 8 3 turnover games since coming into the NFL.

That's three more than anyone else in that same span.

Whose fault is that?

Nest closest is 5 games in that span btw.

2 of those were within his first 3 NFL games. 4 were the Urban Meyer season.

I agree the 5 in the past 2 seasons (including playoff)s are still too many, but he did win 1 of those games could have won 2 others.

(12-24-2023, 08:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Damn. Fan base imploding. LOL.

No, we are 8-7 and leading the South.

Fire them all and blow it all up!!!

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 08:23 PM by SamusAranX.)

(12-24-2023, 08:16 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:14 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: No you won’t MVP/Oz.

This might be the first game I've seen CJB heavily criticizing Trevor since week 9 last year.

He’s been slowly slinking back into it if you pay attention. 

He’s also been caught using two accounts at least, so we knew it was a matter of time before he cracked. He was only behaving to prevent further mod action

Next week against Carolina will be the final straw

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 08:28 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(12-24-2023, 08:16 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:14 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: No you won’t MVP/Oz.

Bingo, and LOL i'm still not Jaguar MVP or Kangaroo man.

(12-24-2023, 08:23 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:16 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: This might be the first game I've seen CJB heavily criticizing Trevor since week 9 last year.

He’s been slowly slinking back into it if you pay attention. 

He’s also been caught using two accounts at least, so we knew it was a matter of time before he cracked. He was only behaving to prevent further mod action

Next week against Carolina will be the final straw

And the same guy said I somehow hacked the "Is Trevor a franchise qb" poll to give it more votes. I'm also JaguarMVP and OZJohnnie, and apparently I'm also my roomate who was extremely supportive of Lawrence.

I sure am busy on here. doofus.

Just put in Beathard the next two games. He can't do any worse. Let Trevor rest. If they make the playoffs, he can play behind a more complete line and not be concussed and sprained.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-24-2023, 08:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:52 PM)copycat Wrote: Name them.  This far into the season after being hit 2 seconds into a drop back.  Every throw is a quick timing route.  I’m as frustrated as every Jag fan but like every diehard fan we called out this offensive line and the braintrust did NOTHING to improve it.

Again, I am not absolving Trevor for his mistakes however there are mitigating circumstances.  The San Francisco game exposed the weaknesses of this team that a healthy TLaw was able to overcome.  Now he is banged up, a blueprint of how to exploit the offensive lines shortcomings has been published and you want to blame him solely.  You were all to keen to support him when the team was winning.  Your inability to process all of the data is telling.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-24-2023, 08:05 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Except hes not. The Bucs are playing prevent. Their Defenders are 20 yards off the ball. None of this garbage time [BLEEP] means anything.

Exactly.... Anybody can sit back and say beathard was doing better in garage time is a clown....

Dumb take.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 08:44 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-24-2023, 07:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:55 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Lolololol. He’s right though.

Except hes not. The Bucs are playing prevent. Their Defenders are 20 yards off the ball. None of this garbage time [BLEEP] means anything.

Weird because Trevor never seems to pad his stats in garbage time.. weird.

(12-24-2023, 08:31 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is exactly where the disconnect between myself, and a lot of you comes into play.

Again, I am not absolving Trevor for his mistakes however there are mitigating circumstances.  The San Francisco game exposed the weaknesses of this team that a healthy TLaw was able to overcome.  Now he is banged up, a blueprint of how to exploit the offensive lines shortcomings has been published and you want to blame him solely.  You were all to keen to support him when the team was winning.  Your inability to process all of the data is telling.

I have processed all of the data, I am not sitting here telling you Trevor is the sole reason we are losing. I'm telling you he's playing piss poor football and prior to him playing terrible he's been average at best the rest oft he season.

I'm well aware we have been losing because our D has fallen off, our Offense has been suspect all year.. we were winning because of the fact that we had something like 25 turnovers in 11-13 weeks or something of that nature.

(12-24-2023, 08:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

No, we are 8-7 and leading the South.

Two years in a row this team is still playing relevant, meaningful football games deep into the month of December, but, you would think they entered today's game with a 1 - 13 record.

This team is beat to hell. Nobody is playing well enough at this point and it's tough sledding until they get a little bit more healthier.

I just don't think it's time to panic. Now, if they lose to the Panthers? And play like this with them today? All bets are off. Let them have it.

But, until then? I am chillin'...

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 08:50 PM by Charlie Sheen.)

(12-24-2023, 08:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: No, we are 8-7 and leading the South.

Two years in a row this team is still playing relevant, meaningful football games deep into the month of December, but, you would think they entered today's game with a 1 - 13 record.

This team is beat to hell. Nobody is playing well enough at this point and it's tough sledding until they get a little bit more healthier.

I just don't think it's time to panic. Now, if they lose to the Panthers? And play like this with them today? All bets are off. Let them have it.

I want to see a lot of people fired if they lose to the Panthers.

(12-24-2023, 10:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 10:37 AM)EricC85 Wrote: We're essentially in playoff mode now have to win out

Meh. Maybe. 

Cleveland gets the tinhorns today. Stroud is out again today I believe. 

clots are getting a Falcons team that is starting a different QB with play-off implications on the line still in the NFC South.

Anything goes today. Would I like a win? Of course. However, it wouldn't shock me one bit if we won and those two teams in our division ate an L today or if all three of us lost today and we're still right back at square one with Carolina to play next weekend. 

Not sweating this one too much for some reason. I feel like we just got through the toughest stretch of the season, these next three games, even with the Buccaneers on a 3 game winning streak, should be vastly easier to overcome and win than that hellfest this team endured the previous three.
Sober me was somewhat right earlier today.

(12-24-2023, 08:49 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Two years in a row this team is still playing relevant, meaningful football games deep into the month of December, but, you would think they entered today's game with a 1 - 13 record.

I want to see a lot of people fired if they lose to the Panthers.

Feel like it's coming too, Panthers played a solid game today against the Packers 33-30 and Young had a good game statistically speaking. It's the jaguars way to give a rookie his breakout performance.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 09:03 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-24-2023, 08:04 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: clots vs tinhorns will likely be for the Division.

This team is cooked.

I'm worried by how no-one is stepping up to be a difference maker right now. I get players have good and bad stretches but no one is making big plays or having big games. Everyone seems low on confidence right now and struggling. I do think a W would make a world of difference confidence wise but we're really struggling in all areas right now.

If you could pick any team to play right now, it would be a 2-13 team so we have no excuses next Sunday. I just don't know how this team is behind the scenes right now. How they come out next week will tell us a lot.

Boselli and Lageman talked about this on the radio broadcast. In the 3rd quarter Bucky Brooks said during halftime the players were lollygagging around and wouldn't form up into a team circle. They seemed disinterested in what anyone had to say. Lags and Boselli took off from there to talk about leadership. They were saying leadership is more than just talking, it involves action, and no one is stepping into that role. They said Pederson needs to do his job but it's up to the players to make the changes necessary to get things back on track. 

Pederson can talk all day long about the process and what needs to be done, etc., but at the end of the day the players have to care enough to execute and it seems as if they don't. It seems Doug has lost the locker room and that's scary. 

Where did things go wrong? Was it one thing or a cumulative effect? When did things go wrong that it would come to this?

Trevor should have taken a couple of weeks off after injuring his ankle. He might have been able to start today, with no concussion recovery process. He needs to learn to trust his teammates and the backup CB.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-24-2023, 08:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 10:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Meh. Maybe. 

Cleveland gets the tinhorns today. Stroud is out again today I believe. 

clots are getting a Falcons team that is starting a different QB with play-off implications on the line still in the NFC South.

Anything goes today. Would I like a win? Of course. However, it wouldn't shock me one bit if we won and those two teams in our division ate an L today or if all three of us lost today and we're still right back at square one with Carolina to play next weekend. 

Not sweating this one too much for some reason. I feel like we just got through the toughest stretch of the season, these next three games, even with the Buccaneers on a 3 game winning streak, should be vastly easier to overcome and win than that hellfest this team endured the previous three.
Sober me was somewhat right earlier today.

Yeah, that didn't age well.