Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Bucs GameDay thread***

(12-24-2023, 09:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Sober me was somewhat right earlier today.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yeah, that didn't age well.
Well, all 3 of us lost today. So we have a wash anyway. Guess we're all rinsing the [BLEEP] out our bed sheets tomorrow for Christmas.

Nobody wants to take charge in the AFC South. Similar to last year. Who ever wins it in the final week deserves it probably, but, man, it sure as hell feels like all of our teams have been beaten like red headed step children.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 09:19 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-24-2023, 08:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: No, we are 8-7 and leading the South.

Fire them all and blow it all up!!!
Two years in a row this team is still playing relevant, meaningful football games deep into the month of December, but, you would think they entered today's game with a 1 - 13 record.

This team is beat to hell. Nobody is playing well enough at this point and it's tough sledding until they get a little bit more healthier.

I just don't think it's time to panic. Now, if they lose to the Panthers? And play like this with them today? All bets are off. Let them have it.

But, until then? I am chillin'...

It takes us losing to the team with the worst record in the league for you to realize we suck or have dont any chance?  Lololol.  With that said, we ain't beating the Panthers ha

(12-24-2023, 09:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Two years in a row this team is still playing relevant, meaningful football games deep into the month of December, but, you would think they entered today's game with a 1 - 13 record.

This team is beat to hell. Nobody is playing well enough at this point and it's tough sledding until they get a little bit more healthier.

I just don't think it's time to panic. Now, if they lose to the Panthers? And play like this with them today? All bets are off. Let them have it.

But, until then? I am chillin'...

It takes us to beat the team with the worst record in the league for you to realize we suck or have any chance?  Lololol.  With that said, we ain't beating the Panthers ha
We'll see. I just don't see the point in getting our teal panties in a twist. This team had a ton of work to do going into the off season. A ton.

It fell short. They tried shooting the gap and they missed their landing. Now, they're hanging on by two hands with two games left.

They either figure it out and luck themselves into a 4th seed or wildcard seed or they fall into the pit with the rest of the middling teams.

Still, an 8 - 9 finish is better than completely falling down the cliff like they did in 2018 post that 2017 run.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-24-2023, 09:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 09:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It takes us to beat the team with the worst record in the league for you to realize we suck or have any chance?  Lololol.  With that said, we ain't beating the Panthers ha
We'll see. I just don't see the point in getting our teal panties in a twist. This team had a ton of work to do going into the off season. A ton.

It fell short. They tried shooting the gap and they missed their landing. Now, they're hanging on by two hands with two games left.

They either figure it out and luck themselves into a 4th seed or wildcard seed or they fall into the pit with the rest of the middling teams.

Still, an 8 - 9 finish is better than completely falling down the cliff like they did in 2018 post that 2017 run.

An 8-9 finish after being 8-3 would be falling off the cliff. 

I wonder if we’ll at least hear whispers of Doug taking back play calling. 

Locker room is lost per the halftime report

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 09:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-24-2023, 09:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 09:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It takes us to beat the team with the worst record in the league for you to realize we suck or have any chance?  Lololol.  With that said, we ain't beating the Panthers ha

A 8-9 finish and missing the playoffs is going backwards.   We made zero improvements and actually regressed.  Last year we finished on a high note and the arrow was pointing up.  This year is the complete opposite with us going in a downward spiral nose dive.  We are supposed to have a young up and coming team and we don't have that.  This team sucks on offense and defense lol

(12-24-2023, 09:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 09:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We'll see. I just don't see the point in getting our teal panties in a twist. This team had a ton of work to do going into the off season. A ton.

100% lol.  It's absolutely falling off a cliff and a nose dive into the ground

(12-24-2023, 09:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 09:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We'll see. I just don't see the point in getting our teal panties in a twist. This team had a ton of work to do going into the off season. A ton.

Not really, man. Our 2nd half schedule was on paper months ago. We already knew this was the toughest stretch and it played out exactly how it should have with a team that thought it was good enough to use 2nd and 3rd RD selections like luxury picks.

Couple that with:

No running game.

Mangled QB.

Depleted WR room.

Already weak to begin with, but now, banged up offensive line.

It was bound to happen. Wheels fell off when the injuries started stacking up.

49ers, Browns, Bengals, Ravens and Tampa Bay all have better rosters than we do. Even with back up QB's and injured RB1's. They got it done defensively.

We just can't do anything. We have no identity other than Lawrence trying to over compensate for an entire offense that has no identity in the trenches.

We're not a power offense. We're not a finese offense. We're not a balanced offense. We're an eggs all in Lawrence's basket offense and he can't handle it on his own with a bum knee, bum ankle and a concussion, probably now his throwing shoulder.

I mean, how obvious does it need to be? This team's fortunes began to fall apart when the QB physically began to fall apart.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 09:48 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

This is just exposing Lawrence, Pederson, and our early season D as frauds

We thought we had a good and improving team. That was a lie.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 09:53 PM by nejagsfan.)

(12-24-2023, 08:08 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:00 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Lol why Because he got sacked a bunch of times he threw a past that the player fumbled oh wait because he threw a touchdown pass Ya so did Trevor So what did he show that Trevor didn't one good drive okay.... I saw him pressured sacked got off a couple good passes and a touchdown which exactly what Trevor was doing If he was in the game longer he would have thrown four pics too

Are you and Trevor dating? You defend him like you're [BLEEP] him.

Trevor played like [BLEEP] today. He played like [BLEEP] last week. And he played like [BLEEP] the week before that.

He needs to be sat so whatever is going on with him can be addressed. He should 100% not play next week even if he's cleared.

He did enough to win  against Cincinnati... Scored 30 plus points so was it Trevor's fault the defense gave up 30 plus points.... Yeah a lot of turnovers in Cleveland.... But the defense couldn't stop them either.... Even with the turnovers we were still in the game couldn't stop Cleveland....And you're ignoring the fact that our receivers are out are offensive line is garbage and he's playing injured

(12-24-2023, 08:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:52 PM)copycat Wrote: Name them.  This far into the season after being hit 2 seconds into a drop back.  Every throw is a quick timing route.  I’m as frustrated as every Jag fan but like every diehard fan we called out this offensive line and the braintrust did NOTHING to improve it.

This is exactly where the disconnect between myself, and a lot of you comes into play.

I will defend Trevor all day long when it's not his fault, tonight he threw 2 passes WAY over the head of open WRs into the arms of deep safeties. His fault, he was not pressured at all on the first throw and barely on the 2nd. 

Can go back to last week when he decided to drop the ball for no reason, or when he decided to throw a 2 yard pass with 8 seconds left in the half near the goal line..  I can accept him not playing insanely well because he has a lot working against him, but I am not going to excuse his individual mistakes when they are soley on him.

He consistently struggles to simply move the ball down the field, it's worrying when the guy rarely passes for more than 260 yards meanwhile bethard comes in and plays two drives, two seperate games and has nearly 100 yards both times.

Look at the Packers roster and explain to me why Jordan Love has been better this season, his first year starting than Trevor has ever been in his 3 seasons in the NFL.

No you won't.... Or maybe you're just too dumb to realize when it's not his fault

(12-24-2023, 08:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:05 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Exactly.... Anybody can sit back and say beathard was doing better in garage time is a clown....

Dumb take.

No the dumb take is looking at garbage time and saying beathard played better than Trevor

(12-24-2023, 09:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 09:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Yeah, that didn't age well.
Well, all 3 of us lost today. So we have a wash anyway. Guess we're all rinsing the [BLEEP] out our bed sheets tomorrow for Christmas.

Nobody wants to take charge in the AFC South. Similar to last year. Who ever wins it in the final week deserves it probably, but, man, it sure as hell feels like all of our teams have been beaten like red headed step children.

Dude, we took the AFC South by the short hairs last year.  After the Denver debacle in London we absolutely went on a tear the likes of which the AFC South has rarely seen.  

I agree, this year, the coaching, injuries, and lack of real motivation has resulted in a Jaguars team that looks like they really don't care or even know how to play the foozeball.

But lthat doesn't mean we limped into, or backed into the playoffs last uear.  Sure the tacks completely collapsed, but we absolutely tore it up from November untill January of last year.

(12-24-2023, 09:51 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:08 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Are you and Trevor dating? You defend him like you're [BLEEP] him.

Trevor played like [BLEEP] today. He played like [BLEEP] last week. And he played like [BLEEP] the week before that.

He needs to be sat so whatever is going on with him can be addressed. He should 100% not play next week even if he's cleared.

He did enough to win  against Cincinnati... Scored 30 plus points so was it Trevor's fault the defense gave up 30 plus points.... Yeah a lot of turnovers in Cleveland.... But the defense couldn't stop them either.... Even with the turnovers we were still in the game couldn't stop Cleveland....And you're ignoring the fact that our receivers are out are offensive line is garbage and he's playing injured

(12-24-2023, 08:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is exactly where the disconnect between myself, and a lot of you comes into play.

I will defend Trevor all day long when it's not his fault, tonight he threw 2 passes WAY over the head of open WRs into the arms of deep safeties. His fault, he was not pressured at all on the first throw and barely on the 2nd. 

Can go back to last week when he decided to drop the ball for no reason, or when he decided to throw a 2 yard pass with 8 seconds left in the half near the goal line..  I can accept him not playing insanely well because he has a lot working against him, but I am not going to excuse his individual mistakes when they are soley on him.

He consistently struggles to simply move the ball down the field, it's worrying when the guy rarely passes for more than 260 yards meanwhile bethard comes in and plays two drives, two seperate games and has nearly 100 yards both times.

Look at the Packers roster and explain to me why Jordan Love has been better this season, his first year starting than Trevor has ever been in his 3 seasons in the NFL.

No you won't.... Or maybe you're just too dumb to realize when it's not his fault

I do, this is the first time in a good while ive laid into him, and hes played terrible three weeks in a row

(12-24-2023, 08:08 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Are you and Trevor dating? You defend him like you're [BLEEP] him.

I didn't say anything about the Bengals game. I wasn't upset with his play in that one. But Cleveland, Baltimore, and Tampa Bay were not good games for him.

He is careless with the ball and that is my biggest issue with him. The misreads or overthrows I can deal with every now and then. But the constant turnovers are maddening.

3 interceptions vs Cleveland.
2 fumbles vs Baltimore.
2 interceptions and 2 fumbles (1 lost) vs Tampa Bay.

This has been a thing with him since he got to the NFL. If he can clean up his carelessness then hopefully fixing the offensive line and getting him more help will work. But he can't continue to be this careless and expect to get paid like a top QB.

(12-24-2023, 06:16 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: And you want to give Lawrence a $200 million dollar contract?

And people are scared of "rebuild"

Imagine giving him all that money and in the end realize that he isn't it.... that's even worse.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 12:00 AM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-24-2023, 11:50 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 06:16 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: And you want to give Lawrence a $200 million dollar contract?

And people are scared of "rebuild"

Imagine giving him all that money and in the end realize that he isn't it.... that's even worse.

Eh, just extend him. Ride or die with Lawrence and Pederson. Better to be perennially average than bottom feeders like we've been the past couple decades. Maybe we'll get lucky in the next 10 years. He isn't going to command top QB dollars playing like he is, so that's a bonus.

(12-24-2023, 11:59 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 11:50 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: And people are scared of "rebuild"

Eh, just extend him. Ride or die with Lawrence and Pederson. Better to be perennially average than bottom feeders like we've been the past couple decades. Maybe we'll get lucky in the next 10 years. He isn't going to command top QB dollars playing like he is, so that's a bonus.

Yea perhaps we can become the Kirk Cousins/Vikings.

Just be mid the next 10 years.

Pass.

(12-25-2023, 12:01 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 11:59 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Eh, just extend him. Ride or die with Lawrence and Pederson. Better to be perennially average than bottom feeders like we've been the past couple decades. Maybe we'll get lucky in the next 10 years. He isn't going to command top QB dollars playing like he is, so that's a bonus.

Yea perhaps we can become the Kirk Cousins/Vikings.

Pass.

That's the state of the franchise, bro. Where have you been the past 23 years? You want a repeat of fourth place 5-6 years in a row? Just enjoy being consistently mediocre, its better than we've had in a long time.

(12-24-2023, 08:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is exactly where the disconnect between myself, and a lot of you comes into play.

Why donb't you explain who was responsible for Trevor's INT's yesterday? Please break it down for us.

(12-25-2023, 12:05 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 12:01 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Yea perhaps we can become the Kirk Cousins/Vikings.

Pass.

That's the state of the franchise, bro. Where have you been the past 23 years? You want a repeat of fourth place 5-6 years in a row? Just enjoy being consistently mediocre, its better than we've had in a long time.

+100000 for this

(12-25-2023, 12:05 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 12:01 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Yea perhaps we can become the Kirk Cousins/Vikings.

Pass.

I'd rather totally suck than become a mediocre team that consistently gets bounced out of the playoffs year in and out. Give me more early picks in the draft and pray we have a lucky draft and hit on big time players and build a  roster that could win the SB.

KC would lose today sigh