Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers vs Jags

(12-25-2023, 04:14 PM)BritJag Wrote: The Jags have not lost to a single team with less than 8 wins this season; every team they lost to is a division leader or in playoffs contention. They played a first place schedule with a roster that's not quite first-rate and produced about where one should reasonably expect them to, especially given the injuries.

Despite all the setbacks, they can end the season with a better record than last year, and win the division back to back. That's a huge position for the club in terms of future plans. None of the final 4 teams in the conference last year - Chiefs, Jags, Bengals, Bills - look formidable; it's a tough league. All this to say, I expect them to pull it together and beat the Panthers and titans, two teams in worse predicaments currently.

The Jags are not structurally broken and should be thankful they have a real chance to close this season out on a positive note. No, this team is not a bad, blow it all up team. They faced challenges, played good teams, and regressed this season, but the foundation is there, hence first place in Week 17 despite the challenges. A bit smug to disparage a 1st place team in December given our tortured history, in my view. Why send bad vibes out there then get upset when the team loses? Self-fulfilling prophecy...

Merry Christmas all. Go Jags, crush the Panthers.

Needs more panty-pissing. -1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-25-2023, 06:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: It's weird. Lawrence is a bust, Dougs lost the locker room, everyone needs to be fired and half the roster needs to be gutted.

But we also lead the South, sit at 8-7 and are 1 game behind the all wonderful Chiefs and Mahomes.

If there was ever a get right game then this is it. Our schedule has been brutal and this is the first team with a losing record since the T*tans. 

If we can't win this one, even with all the issues the team are facing, then ill be concerned.

It’s not that bad of course but the Jags ARE 2-5 since the bye. It’s not good no matter the record.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-25-2023, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 04:14 PM)BritJag Wrote: The Jags have not lost to a single team with less than 8 wins this season; every team they lost to is a division leader or in playoffs contention. They played a first place schedule with a roster that's not quite first-rate and produced about where one should reasonably expect them to, especially given the injuries.

Despite all the setbacks, they can end the season with a better record than last year, and win the division back to back. That's a huge position for the club in terms of future plans. None of the final 4 teams in the conference last year - Chiefs, Jags, Bengals, Bills - look formidable; it's a tough league. All this to say, I expect them to pull it together and beat the Panthers and titans, two teams in worse predicaments currently.

The Jags are not structurally broken and should be thankful they have a real chance to close this season out on a positive note. No, this team is not a bad, blow it all up team. They faced challenges, played good teams, and regressed this season, but the foundation is there, hence first place in Week 17 despite the challenges. A bit smug to disparage a 1st place team in December given our tortured history, in my view. Why send bad vibes out there then get upset when the team loses? Self-fulfilling prophecy...

Merry Christmas all. Go Jags, crush the Panthers.

Get out of here with that common sense.

Well, even with the talent level when you are sitting at 8-3, you expect better than 8-7 a month later. Yes, injuries clearly have had a major impact, and Trevor has been playing poorly even when he has had time to throw. In all fairness, the entire team looks awful. Genuinely concerned we go 8-9.

I had 2-2 in the last 4 games of the season. Here come the two wins.

No way this team beats the Panthers, they’re awful. If it wasn’t for the refs we’d be on a five game losing streak
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

The foundation is missing though. That's why they're in the same spot this year from last year. Injuries have hit them hard this year and a lot of that can also be attributed to a missing foundation.

Everybody is pressing to make plays and failing because it's one dimensional football on offense and you can only mask that for so long.

You can try and run with two TE sets and just have them block 80% of the time while force feeding Engram or Ridley the football until that gets defensively clamped on.

The defense has now shown it's true colors as well after a good start. That, again, falls back on not having a foundation or losing what little bit of foundation they had established.

It's bothersome that this team looks like it's still soul searching and trying to find an identity in week 15 after rising to the challenge and exceeding expectations just a year ago.

So, to me? This is it. This is the game for me. The make or break moment for the whole front office, the coaching staff and the players. You lose this [BLEEP] game at home to the Panthers?

Man oh man...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

They are in the same spot, or seemingly regressed due to a much tougher schedule, with more injuries that didn't happen last year, and a roster that wasn't improved. The foundation kept them in this position to possibly win out and improve on their record last year, which would be commendable. Still, the team is playing poorly right now. Agree, Sunday reveals a lot against the team with the worst record, at home.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I'm sorry but beating the worst team in the league at home isn't going to tell me they have turned a corner lol

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 09:29 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

If we lose to the Panthers I don't even want to go to the playoffs lol. At that point we need our draft picks to be higher.

(12-25-2023, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sorry but beating the worst team in the league at home isn't going to tell me they have turned a corner lol

I agree.

However, if we go out and blow them out and Trevor has a nice 3-5 TD game to boost his confidence a bit that'd be nice.

(12-25-2023, 07:12 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Well, even with the talent level when you are sitting at 8-3, you expect better than 8-7 a month later. Yes, injuries clearly have had a major impact, and Trevor has been playing poorly even when he has had time to throw. In all fairness, the entire team looks awful. Genuinely concerned we go 8-9.

I don't disagree. We are all truly concerned, but thus far this season, they have found ways to beat the teams they should. So I am giving them a chance to do so again, till they don't. Extremely disappointing for sure to lose 4 in a row and drop to 8-7. But to me, that's partly reflecting the talent void rearing its ugly head against more stacked teams. They are also not playing complimentary football or like a well coached unit; acknowledged. Still, they have the tools to beat Carolina and tennessee, all things considering.

(12-25-2023, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sorry but beating the worst team in the league at home isn't going to tell me they have turned a corner lol
Same. It just tells me that they're a middling team and not a team that's got some deep rooted issues beyond the offensive line...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It appears they aren't turning any corners this season with this roster. It should tell you that they are fighting despite injuries, infuriating mistakes, and bad play concerns. There are no gimmes in the league mate, give the lads a break. Let's prop em up during this final stretch and dissect em to pieces after the postseason.

Go jags. It’s not over!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 12:49 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(12-24-2023, 11:14 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: It will be a loss and will complete the worst collapse in Jaguars history

You know that in 2019 we lost 15 straight after beating the Clots in the opener. Thats a collapse.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-26-2023, 12:48 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 11:14 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: It will be a loss and will complete the worst collapse in Jaguars history

You know that in 2019 we lost 15 straight after beating the Clots in the opener. Thats a collapse.

Not really. It's hard to collapse when nothing was built. At 8-3 we were 2 or 3 games up on the division lead and were fighting for the #1 overall spot. If we lose next week there is a good chance we don't make the playoffs at that point and that would be the biggest collapse.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 01:00 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Theres no reason to believe we should win this game. The Panthers looked more than functional in a loss to GB that they should have won, and pulled out an ugly win against the Falcons, who just rolled the Clots, and who are now shaping up to be the AFCS South champs. We, however, look like a high school team with still no evidence of being able to "just clean up a few things". If anything, the room is getting messier. I predicted we lose out after the Bengals loss, and sadly, im sticking with it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

if jags want to beat the panthers,or have a slim chance at it they need to bench Trevor.  he has to many injurys,and hasn't played well since his ankle was hurt. at this time hes hurting the team by playing. Jags need to start a healither qb.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Trevor in a body cast > CJ Beathard.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Damn it the whole thing is there for the taking this year. If we didn't shoot ourselves it would be looking like if ever this is our year. Look at all the big dogs that are down this year. Ugh this is so the year we would jag it up.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-26-2023, 09:47 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Damn it the whole thing is there for the taking this year. If we didn't shoot ourselves it would be looking like if ever this is our year. Look at all the big dogs that are down this year. Ugh this is so the year we would jag it up.

You think all those teams aren't thinking the same thing? It's the new NFL, everyone is mediocre except the truly elite. And as we saw yesterday, even the elite aren't that far ahead.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato