Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers vs Jags

The fix for next year is to cut PEDSRob and Scherff, resign Cleveland, move Fortner to the bench and draft three new interior linemen. Sign a cheap swing tackle and vet center and go with Little, Cleveland, Vet, Rookie, Harrison. The other three picks can be defensive linemen.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 04:13 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I dont think it will happen but if we could some how win the next 2 games it would be a record improvement from last year. If we dont win out Baalke should be fired and If we miss the playoffs Baalke should get fired regardless. A young team in the 3rd year of a rebuild should be going foward and looking up not going backwards. They said the draft this year was for depth yet we have no depth

The biggest problem for our offense right now other than turnovers is zero run game. We have one of the best RBs in the league and he has no chance out there. We need to add guys on both sides of the line that can bully people. Regardless how you feel about the 17 team they were bullies. Our online wasnt that good but we were 1st in the run on offense that year. I wonder if the Dolphins will be able to afford Connor Williams

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 04:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...1797267792

Young gonna pick this D apart. Im going to go out on a limb and say Young will have a better career than Stroud.

Derrick Brown will dominate Fortner I predict as well. Hopefully i can eat crow on both lol

QB Matt Barkley poached off the Giants PS and elevated to active. 

What happened to EJ Perry?

https://www.jaguars.com/news/roster-move...r-and-plac

(12-26-2023, 04:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The fix for next year is to cut PEDSRob and Scherff, resign Cleveland, move Fortner to the bench and draft three new interior linemen. Sign a cheap swing tackle and vet center and go with Little, Cleveland, Vet, Rookie, Harrison. The other three picks can be defensive linemen.

I need Little to show me something before I can get on board with that. He's been bad of late. 
And the playing hurt excuse won't fly for me right now because he apparently stays that way every season.

(12-26-2023, 04:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: QB Matt Barkley poached off the Giants PS and elevated to active. 

Barkley's time likely overlapped with Doug's in Philly.

Probably didn't like how Perry looked off the couch and brought in someone familiar.

If the season ended today we'd be playing the Browns again in the playoffs, yikes lol

Trevor has sprained AC joint and doubtful to practice tomorrow per PFT.

Looking more like the CJ show Sunday

(12-26-2023, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 04:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The fix for next year is to cut PEDSRob and Scherff, resign Cleveland, move Fortner to the bench and draft three new interior linemen. Sign a cheap swing tackle and vet center and go with Little, Cleveland, Vet, Rookie, Harrison. The other three picks can be defensive linemen.

I need Little to show me something before I can get on board with that. He's been bad of late. 
And the playing hurt excuse won't fly for me right now because he apparently stays that way every season.

(12-26-2023, 04:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: QB Matt Barkley poached off the Giants PS and elevated to active. 

Probably didn't like how Perry looked off the couch and brought in someone familiar.
Agreed, for now he needs to stay the swing tackle unless he finishes the season strong and into the playoffs as well.  No thank you on signing Cleveland as well unless has a strong finish like Little or its for depth.

In good news, Cam is set to return to practice and may play. Interestingly, we are 6-1 when he starts

(12-26-2023, 05:27 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: In good news, Cam is set to return to practice and may play. Interestingly, we are 6-1 when he starts

Good news.  Id like to see Little back at LG if healthy

(12-26-2023, 05:27 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: In good news, Cam is set to return to practice and may play. Interestingly, we are 6-1 when he starts

It's the 'Roid Rage that does it.

(12-26-2023, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Good news.  Id like to see Little back at LG if healthy

Dumb. All of the issues this year are because they didn't get rid of Robinson when they had the chance and put Little at tackle where he belongs while bringing in an actual guard sooner.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2023, 06:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

It's the 'Roid Rage that does it.

(12-26-2023, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Good news.  Id like to see Little back at LG if healthy

Dumb. All of the issues this year are because they didn't get rid of Robinson when they had the chance and put Little at tackle where he belongs while bringing in an actual guard sooner.

We are 6-1 when Cam starts.  Id like to see Little these next 2 weeks at LG to see if he possibly can be the future there.  Little hasnt been the same player this year although I know he has battled injuries but most players have at this point

(12-24-2023, 11:14 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: It will be a loss and will complete the worst collapse in Jaguars history

I keep seeing on twitter the nfl playoff scenarios with it having the Jags possibly winning the division with a win and a loss by both the colts and texans.  But no one is mentioning the fact that if the opposite occurs, we lose and both of those teams win, we'd be eliminated from being able to win the division.  I find that scenario far more plausible!  Back when we were 8-3 and dreaming of the 1 seeds the idea that we could be eliminated from winning the division before we even played the Titans was incomprehensible.

(12-26-2023, 06:41 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 11:14 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: It will be a loss and will complete the worst collapse in Jaguars history

I keep seeing on twitter the nfl playoff scenarios with it having the Jags possibly winning the division with a win and a loss by both the colts and texans.  But no one is mentioning the fact that if the opposite occurs, we lose and both of those teams win, we'd be eliminated from being able to win the division.  I find that scenario far more plausible!  Back when we were 8-3 and dreaming of the 1 seeds the idea that we could be eliminated from winning the division before we even played the Titans was incomprehensible.

win the meaningful game in December otherwise you could be playing a meaningless game in January

(12-26-2023, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I lost some faith in little. Maybe the problem is being moved around too much.

(12-26-2023, 07:02 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:41 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I keep seeing on twitter the nfl playoff scenarios with it having the Jags possibly winning the division with a win and a loss by both the colts and texans.  But no one is mentioning the fact that if the opposite occurs, we lose and both of those teams win, we'd be eliminated from being able to win the division.  I find that scenario far more plausible!  Back when we were 8-3 and dreaming of the 1 seeds the idea that we could be eliminated from winning the division before we even played the Titans was incomprehensible.

win the meaningful game in December otherwise you could be playing a meaningless game in January
Yeah

3 busted plays vs browns.

Defense vs the Bengals.

Always a let down when the offense shows up..
No Fun

Jags media is so soft. They asked pederson one question about the offense play calling. SMH

'member when we all said and believed we'd have a multi-year dynasty and reign over the AFC South? I 'member.

(12-26-2023, 10:31 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: 'member when we all said and believed we'd have a multi-year dynasty and reign over the AFC South? I 'member.

Yeah - we had way too much confidence in the OL being able to move from 31st in the league to 20th or so. 

We were wrong. It got worse. 

Fix the line and the dream can be at least entertained again.