Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers vs Jags

(12-26-2023, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 10:31 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: 'member when we all said and believed we'd have a multi-year dynasty and reign over the AFC South? I 'member.

Yeah - we had way too much confidence in the OL being able to move from 31st in the league to 20th or so. 

We were wrong. It got worse. 

Fix the line and the dream can be at least entertained again.

We can only hope that our GM and coach spend 85-90% of capital in free agency and the draft on the OLine and DLine. I suspect if Baalke is around, it'll be squandered.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 12:34 AM by Jag88.)

(12-26-2023, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 10:31 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: 'member when we all said and believed we'd have a multi-year dynasty and reign over the AFC South? I 'member.

Yeah - we had way too much confidence in the OL being able to move from 31st in the league to 20th or so. 

We were wrong. It got worse. 

Fix the line and the dream can be at least entertained again.

Trevor might have to take those golf carts back. I’ve seen that Mahomes did the same thing buying his o-line carts.

(12-26-2023, 09:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags media is so soft. They asked pederson one question about the offense play calling.  SMH

They can see that play calling isn't the problem.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 09:15 AM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-27-2023, 07:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 09:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags media is so soft. They asked pederson one question about the offense play calling.  SMH

Most fans here as well. Hicken's poll for the question of the day on the morning show was who was mostly to blame or at fault for this year's collapse, as it stands now with 1,461 votes:

Trevor Lawrence - 11%
Coaching Staff - 23%
Trent Baalke - 22%
Offensive & Defensive Line - 44%

This is basically what I said the other day if we had to ratio the offensive struggles. I said it was 35 to 65 in Lawrence's favor with the rest of it falling on the coaches and the offensive line. 

It's good to see that most logical fans see where the faults lie. Starts in the trenches and then you can look at Baalke and the staff for a variety of reasons as to why they suck, you can say it's bad personnel choices, lack of investments there, the staff maybe not coaching these guys up to their best ability, etc. 

Again, as cited numerous times. We're expecting Lawrence to make chicken salad out of chicken [BLEEP] with a now decimated WR room and his ninth [BLEEP] line-up change going into week 16 with the lineman blocking for him. 

It's bad all the way through, his turnovers are bad, I get that. BUT, fix the line, get the ground game going and we'll see if that cuts back significantly. Especially when he's not dealing with injuries now literally at every portion of his body. Ankle, Knee, Shoulder & Brain.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-27-2023, 07:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

That's also incorrect though. Somebody asked him if he was going to take the play calling back and he said no, players need to clean up their execution again. He also continues to openly state that they have the players for the offensive line, just need them to play together. 

So, he's doing coach speak at it's finest but we can all see the [BLEEP] and smell the BS a mile away down the hallway. He knows it's bad. It's just not his style to publicly bash or shame his players. 

Maybe he's still hanging onto that Meyer year here and harping on culture and being easy going. That was last year, that was fine. It's a new year man. You can lay into these [BLEEP] when they deserve it. You can tell them to do better. It's okay. 

The players seem to be taking it harder than the coaches are.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-27-2023, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 07:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They can see that play calling isn't the problem.

Most fans here as well. Hicken's poll for the question of the day on the morning show was who was mostly to blame or at fault for this year's collapse, as it stands now with 1,461 votes:

Trevor Lawrence - 11%
Coaching Staff - 23%
Trent Baalke - 22%

This is basically what I said the other day if we had to ratio the offensive struggles. I said it was 35 to 65 in Lawrence's favor with the rest of it falling on the coaches and the offensive line. 

It's good to see that most logical fans see where the faults lie. Starts in the trenches and then you can look at Baalke and the staff for a variety of reasons as to why they suck, you can say it's bad personnel choices, lack of investments there, the staff maybe not coaching these guys up to their best ability, etc. 

Again, as cited numerous times. We're expecting Lawrence to make chicken salad out of chicken [BLEEP] with a now decimated WR room and his ninth [BLEEP] line-up change going into week 16 with the lineman blocking for him. 

It's bad all the way through, his turnovers are bad, I get that. BUT, fix the line, get the ground game going and we'll see if that cuts back significantly. Especially when he's not dealing with injuries now literally at every portion of his body. Ankle, Knee, Shoulder & Brain.

Yeah, it's just frustrating dealing with people like Carp and GateJags who are myopic about the play caller. Sometimes seasons go how you don't expect, but we are still sitting here with 1 win less than we had last year. The world isn't ending because Season Two hasn't gone our way. We can solve these problems in March, for now we have to persevere through the rest of the season and try to make the playoffs.

(12-27-2023, 09:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 07:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They can see that play calling isn't the problem.

That's also incorrect though. Somebody asked him if he was going to take the play calling back and he said no, players need to clean up their execution again. He also continues to openly state that they have the players for the offensive line, just need them to play together. 

So, he's doing coach speak at it's finest but we can all see the [BLEEP] and smell the BS a mile away down the hallway. He knows it's bad. It's just not his style to publicly bash or shame his players. 

Maybe he's still hanging onto that Meyer year here and harping on culture and being easy going. That was last year, that was fine. It's a new year man. You can lay into these [BLEEP] when they deserve it. You can tell them to do better. It's okay. 

The players seem to be taking it harder than the coaches are.

Doug's culture is one of professionalism. He's going to coach and motivate man to man, not by being this firebrand who gets loud. The players have even said that his demeanour is to never get too high or too low, to just refocus back on the goals. As for taking it hard, I think the coaches know that they've hit their potential with this group and are just trying to keep them there as long as they can. Sometimes the hits are just too much and a good season gets torpedoed. It happens.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 09:30 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-27-2023, 09:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Most fans here as well. Hicken's poll for the question of the day on the morning show was who was mostly to blame or at fault for this year's collapse, as it stands now with 1,461 votes:

Trevor Lawrence - 11%
Coaching Staff - 23%
Trent Baalke - 22%

Yeah, it's just frustrating dealing with people like Carp and GateJags who are myopic about the play caller. Sometimes seasons go how you don't expect, but we are still sitting here with 1 win less than we had last year. The world isn't ending because Season Two hasn't gone our way. We can solve these problems in March, for now we have to persevere through the rest of the season and try to make the playoffs.

Yep. That's it in a nutshell. Figure out a way to rise above your ineffectiveness over these next two weeks and you're more than likely in the play-off's. It's been ugly, it may or may not be ugly if we're in the mix though. That would be some funny [BLEEP]. Anything is possible. 

I won't sound the sirens yet unless they lose at home this Sunday to the Panthers. Then anything goes. But, if I am the coach, or, Lawrence, even if I am not starting this Sunday. 

I pull aside Allen, Walker and Oluokon on defense and I pull aside Engram, Ridley and Etienne on offense and I just tell them the truth. You guys are the best six I have at the moment. I need all six of you to play like all-pro's over these next two weeks or we're [BLEEP] done. It's that simple.

Get these guys in line on both sides of the football. Get in their faces when they [BLEEP] up, get them lined-up, call them out for being soft, tell them to man the hell up and do their damn jobs. It's okay to take the gloves off now guys, Urban Meyer is gone, you're a team on the cusp of being a consistent play off competitor.

Time to act like it.

"Jacksonville can clinch the AFC South with a win against Carolina combined with losses by Houston (vs Tennessee) and Indianapolis (vs Las Vegas)."

Guys, would you pay to see your team win? I know i would. Just put a few hundred on the Panthers and you either win some good money or your team wins. Its a win win situation

(12-27-2023, 11:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Guys, would you pay to see your team win?  I know i would.  Just put a few hundred on the Panthers and you either win some good money or your team wins.  Its a win win situation

I can’t do that. I would feel wrong. lol

(12-27-2023, 10:29 AM)H8tank Wrote: "Jacksonville can clinch the AFC South with a win against Carolina combined with losses by Houston (vs Tennessee) and Indianapolis (vs Las Vegas)."

Thank goodness.

(12-27-2023, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Trevor Lawrence - 11%
Coaching Staff - 23%
Trent Baalke - 22%

These poll results are kind of mid-leading since Baalke is the reason that both lines are so terrible. His total should be 66% and the linemen should not be blamed since it was not their fault they lack talent and were over-drafted! Basically, they suck but it's not because of lack of effort.

(12-27-2023, 11:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Guys, would you pay to see your team win?  I know i would.  Just put a few hundred on the Panthers and you either win some good money or your team wins.  Its a win win situation

Honestly, an emotional hedge sounds like toxic behavior. But I guess if it works for you.

Looking more and more like the CJ show Sunday

MOAR jumbo

I really hope we can win without Trevor. It’s going to be tough.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023, 04:13 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

If jags can win. Big if. If the other 2 teams lose Colts and Texans. Jags would win the division, and they could have a “bye week” next week vs the titans. Huge ifs.

(12-28-2023, 04:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: If jags can win. Big if. If  the other 2 teams lose Colts and Texans.  Jags would win the division, and they could have a “bye week” next week vs the titans. Huge ifs.

everyone knows the stakes
only thing that matters is the panthers
they are in the way of the division
they are in the way of an extra pay check
they are in the way and must be beat.
Nothing else matters. the objective is simple.

Is there a current injury report? Are we getting anyone back this week?