Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe they should bench Lawrence next week

(12-25-2023, 12:06 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Trevor lovers will be coming for you.

This time I kinda agree. What will some meaningless wins get us? a worse draft position? is it a coincidence that he has been playing worse since he got injured? is he really healthy? this season is over anyway. He should heal.

I think the OL/WR injuries have played a big part in it, but his on-field confidence has led him to regress quite a bit lately.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Carr Bomb'd.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-25-2023, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Carr Bomb'd.

Yep.  That's my thought, too.  For those who don't remember, David Carr was the #1 overall pick and the draft, and he got sacked about 70 times per year, two years in a row, which basically ruined his career.

(12-25-2023, 08:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Yep.  That's my thought, too.  For those who don't remember, David Carr was the #1 overall pick and the draft, and he got sacked about 70 times per year, two years in a row, which basically ruined his career.

I hope that’s not what we’re seeing but I wonder. He’s been injured and beaten up quite a bit this year. Our OL is awful. His body language has been noticeably different the last few games as well as his demeanor. 

But the only reason to bench is if he’s injured. Mentally, he’s just got to figure out how to work through it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-25-2023, 02:46 AM)Jag88 Wrote: You don’t bench your franchise qb with 2 games left and in first place no matter how much panic. You go down blasting  with the one you brought to the dance if you gotta go down.

Exactly. If he's cleared to play he plays.

Boselli and Lageman both said it during the game yesterday; Trevor shouldn't have been on the field, it was a mistake to bring him back this early and he shouldn't be getting any contact for at least another week. This is from men who played the game and know something of what they're talking about.

It's obvious he was not ready. It's obvious the team wasn't ready. CJ practiced all week and then they switch gears and put Trevor in the game after one day of practice. Of course there was miscommunication and errors. You can't game plan for one QB all week then bring in another one last minute, especially one that isn't healthy as they'd like us to think, and expect success.

Again, this isn't coming from me, though I agree with them, it's coming from former Jags. They had more to say but I can't remember it all. 

I will say if you are watching the game on TV you should listen to the radio broadcast instead of the network hacks. You'll get a lot more insight and information relevant to the team and the game as it's happening. If you're streaming from an unknown site it won't work because the lag time is too long. As it is, between the TV and the radio it's about 5-10 seconds off but it's tolerable.

(12-25-2023, 12:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Boselli and Lageman both said it during the game yesterday; Trevor shouldn't have been on the field, it was a mistake to bring him back this early and he shouldn't be getting any contact for at least another week. This is from men who played the game and know something of what they're talking about.

It's obvious he was not ready. It's obvious the team wasn't ready. CJ practiced all week and then they switch gears and put Trevor in the game after one day of practice. Of course there was miscommunication and errors. You can't game plan for one QB all week then bring in another one last minute, especially one that isn't healthy as they'd like us to think, and expect success.

Again, this isn't coming from me, though I agree with them, it's coming from former Jags. They had more to say but I can't remember it all. 

I will say if you are watching the game on TV you should listen to the radio broadcast instead of the network hacks. You'll get a lot more insight and information relevant to the team and the game as it's happening. If you're streaming from an unknown site it won't work because the lag time is too long. As it is, between the TV and the radio it's about 5-10 seconds off but it's tolerable.

Straight facts.

Bench him for the rest of the season. Dude is playing awful.
Here we go again

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 12:45 PM by Newton.)

No way he is benched, though theoretically it can be debated. In reality, with the playoffs on the line, win 2 and you are in, they are not benching the franchise.

And though I am saying that, I agree starting him against the bucs was a mistake.

With due respect to Lageman and Boselli, the team's #1 job right now is to secure a playoff spot.  Regardless of practice during the week, Trevor gives us a significantly better chance of winning than Beathard.  If he's medically cleared to play, he starts.  After (and only after) we've made the postseason, does giving him a week off become a question.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-25-2023, 12:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote: With due respect to Lageman and Boselli, the team's #1 job right now is to secure a playoff spot.  Regardless of practice during the week, Trevor gives us a significantly better chance of winning than Beathard.  If he's medically cleared to play, he starts.  After (and only after) we've made the postseason, does giving him a week off become a question.
Under normal circumstances I’d agree but right now he isn’t giving us a better chance to win, he’s giving us zero chance.

(12-25-2023, 12:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote: With due respect to Lageman and Boselli, the team's #1 job right now is to secure a playoff spot.  Regardless of practice during the week, Trevor gives us a significantly better chance of winning than Beathard.  If he's medically cleared to play, he starts.  After (and only after) we've made the postseason, does giving him a week off become a question.

No he doesn't.

Even at the expense of the health of their franchise QB? Just because he passed the concussion protocol doesn't mean he should've played TB it just means he cleared the lowest standard they have to pass or fail.

If his injuries linger, regardless of whether or not he's cleared, he doesn't give us the best chance at winning. His decision-making is bad at times when he's healthy, so that mixed with injuries isn't good.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 04:33 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

and HurtLocker'd while S-O-Luck

Geez, is it the franchise's turn to do it to a prospect?

Trevor by the 3rd quarter every Sunday

[Image: IMG-0236.gif]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 12:36 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-25-2023, 10:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Trevor by the 3rd quarter every Sunday

Haha

(12-25-2023, 03:34 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: If his injuries linger, regardless of whether or not he's cleared, he doesn't give us the best chance at winning. His decision-making is bad at times when he's healthy, so that mixed with injuries isn't good.

You think this until you see a couple of full quarters of the #2 qb. Anyone who thinks Lawrence needs to be benched should be himself benched as a fan for a week instead (or herself)

(12-26-2023, 12:33 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 10:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Trevor by the 3rd quarter every Sunday

Haha

(12-25-2023, 03:34 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: If his injuries linger, regardless of whether or not he's cleared, he doesn't give us the best chance at winning. His decision-making is bad at times when he's healthy, so that mixed with injuries isn't good.

You think this until you see a couple of full quarters of the #2 qb. Anyone who thinks Lawrence needs to be benched should be himself benched as a fan for a week instead (or herself)

I prefer that Trevor doesn't get injured further. It's obvious that his injuries are making him play worse, so why risk injuring him further?

(12-26-2023, 12:33 AM)Jag88 Wrote:

Haha

Nowhere did I say I want him benched.

The bottom line is that what they are doing on offense isnt working for the last 2 games now. Somethings gotta change. Lawrence isnt right at the moment, in either his legs or his head. Give Beathard a shot.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption