Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Paul Kruger released- get on the phone ASAP Dave - merged

Browns released OLB Paul Kruger.
Kruger started the third preseason game and played extensively with the first-team defense, so this is a shocking cut. Usage contributed to Kruger recording his lowest sack total since 2010 last season, but he was expected to bounce back in new DC Ray Horton's scheme. With plenty of teams desperate for pass rushers, Kruger should not be on the street long. Aug 29 - 8:12 AM

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You have not watched him play. I watch Browns and Jags football. He is atrocious. The Browns cut him.....

Depends how cheap he is. Very few of the guys being cut this week are going to have his talent level so could always give him a shot for the right price.

Quote:You have not watched him play. I watch Browns and Jags football. He is atrocious. The Browns cut him.....

I'd be willing to kick the tires, what do we have to lose. It's evident we won't be able to generate enough pressure off the edge, this would be a low risk (potentially high upside) signing. 

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 09:56 AM by Dumptruck.)

Quote:I'd be willing to kick the tires, what do we have to lose. It's evident we won't be able to generate enough pressure off the edge, this would be a low risk (potentially high upside) signing.
I just want to be done watching this underachiever do his one pass rush move (bull rush), get stood up, and dance in place over and over.

I don't think he has registered a tackle in the preseason. Whiffed on a few but never made a tackle on his own.

Quote:I just want to be done watching this underachiever do his one pass rush move (bull rush), get stood up, and dance in place over and over.

I don't think he has registered a tackle in the preseason. Whiffed on a few but never made a tackle on his own.

I guess you would know more about him than me, I just don't see the downside, but maybe you're right. This team definitely needs veteran pass rush help off the edge,, I wonder if they will re-engage with Greg Hardy.

Hardy is cancer but he is at least talented. Kruger is a good team ambassador but so was Tim Tebow.

Has it really gotten this bad, where we think the Browns' trash is to be our treasure? Do we really believe that? I'd rather roll with young and inexperienced than old with no upside. Kruger wouldn't offer us much besides a body to throw out there. If Yannick and Dante are gonna be the guys next year and beyond, we might as well throw em to the wolves and get it over with. Gotta see what they've got.

Quote:Has it really gotten this bad, where we think the Browns' trash is to be our treasure? Do we really believe that? I'd rather roll with young and inexperienced than old with no upside. Kruger wouldn't offer us much besides a body to throw out there. If Yannick and Dante are gonna be the guys next year and beyond, we might as well throw em to the wolves and get it over with. Gotta see what they've got.
Of course it's gotten that bad. We're heading for 0-16ville.

Paul Kruger is not good. I would rather keep Chris Smith, tbh.

I'd be quite happy if we brought in Paul Kruger to help the pass rush. Only 30 years old and can rush from LEO or play OTTO. Had 54 pressures last year which was 11th best out of 3-4 OLBs.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 03:11 PM by JackCity.)

Had the 5th most hurries out of every defensive player in the NFL last year and the 11th most pressures. Bring him Caldwell.

Quote:Paul Kruger is not good. I would rather keep Chris Smith, tbh.

Based on?

Quote:Based on?

Sight

Quote:Sight

Chris Smith is a scrub. Think I'd go with with guy who had the 5th most hurries last season...

Quote:Had the 5th most hurries out of every defensive player in the NFL last year and the 11th most pressures. Bring him Caldwell.
I would love to know what they considered to be hurries and pressures because he did jack [BLEEP] last year and was a dancing partner during the preseason. 

Quote:I would love to know what they considered to be hurries and pressures because he did jack [BAD WORD REMOVED] last year and was a dancing partner during the preseason.

Different sites have different amounts of hurries. Some have him as high as 5th others have him around 10th.

Hell no.

Kruger is visiting the Saints today.