Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ the Savior?

(01-01-2024, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: This exactly!!! It was literally the next opponent on the schedule, the game we were all talking about what would be best for the Jags!!! Then they are wrong and start spinning and calling fans of the same team they root for clowns. I’m sensing some serious insecurities.
Says the guy who said Trevor needs to see a psychologist…..

It's always wrong to try to diagnose people based on what you see on TV, but most of us should be checking in with a psychologist every now and then. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2024, 12:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Says the guy who said Trevor needs to see a psychologist…..

It's always wrong to try to diagnose people based on what you see on TV, but most of us should be checking in with a psychologist every now and then. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

And when was your last exam?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-01-2024, 09:18 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 09:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's a soup of things.

CJ taking what the defense gave him today and the unflinching commitment to get Etienne involved was probably preached all week knowing Lawrence's injury situation.

Lawrence is guilty though of looking for the homerun plays way more frequently than taking the easy base hits to extend drives.

I think it's something he personally needs to invest himself with during the off season on film collectively because it has been a difference in some of these games.

Playing Carolina with a defense that stayed on them from the very first snap also helped. It's the worst team in football.

I think that's fair criticism of lawrence although that doesn't change my original point about how the coaching staff designed the gamelan. They flat out abandoned the run the prior three weeks even though the browns and ravens game were still close in the 4th quarter. But they stuck with it yesterday. Our ypc was awful until etienne broke the long td in the 2nd half. They need to continue this mindest even when lawrence comes back. It was different than what it had been of late. There were a lot of different looks. Actually ran it on short yardage at times. More traditional play action. Etc, etc...

Yes carolina isn't good and they didn't need the qb to make a play or carry the offense which I'm sure influenced the playcalling. And if we are going to make some noise in the playoffs we'll need the qb to play above the x's and o's of course. But maintaining balance and mixing up the looks will also be needed. And I think this game forced the coaching staff to do that.

Yeah. Agreed on the gameplan. Lawrence was caught with a mic midgame or maybe post game, but, he himself has said that exact same thing. "Glad Press is sticking with the running game". It really has been too much being put on Lawrence to will this team into a victory and it's resulted in him getting beat to [BLEEP] physically this year. 

In fairness to Carolina. They have a decent defense, they just lack pass rushers and their offense has been so bad that they've been tasked with playing too much football all year. Balance is critical though. The best teams have it in this sport. I know it's against Doug's and more than likely Press' nature, but, when your seeing injuries crop up in the WR room, and, your QB is beat to [BLEEP]?

You might want to slide your gameplan a little bit more to running the football. Here's another thought though. Maybe they had more confidence and trust in running it more and doing more stuff under center with Cam Robinson back at LT. Maybe that's a key. Having two competent OT's enables more runs off tackle at times and less reliance on the interior. I also did like seeing Bigsby getting some short yardage work throughout the game. 

Patience is key. I think we'll see the same exact plan regardless of who starts this Sunday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-01-2024, 12:00 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Says the guy who said Trevor needs to see a psychologist…..

I did and I’m sure he’s talked to a sports psychologist. Most do. Is that a dig?
In the grand scheme of things, absolutely not.

But you’re trying to attribute his poor playing to “being lost”. Which isn’t the case.

It’s just another dig and cheap shot on a QB who has done everything for this team. Then yesterday, the entire team does great except the QB and you’re trying to take a victory lap.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 12:43 PM by Jags32250.)

(01-01-2024, 12:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Correct, don’t know why this is triggering or even news to some. These guys see psychologists all the time, just like the rest of us trying to be healthy successful adults.

(01-01-2024, 12:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 12:00 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I did and I’m sure he’s talked to a sports psychologist. Most do. Is that a dig?
In the grand scheme of things, absolutely not.

But you’re trying to attribute his poor playing to “being lost”. Which isn’t the case.

It’s just another dig and cheap shot on a QB who has done everything for this team. Then yesterday, the entire team does great except the QB and you’re trying to take a victory lap.

Man I love Trevor and am rooting for him as hard as I can. It’s not hard to see he isn’t right. That doesn’t mean he can’t be. I believe he pulls himself out and I hope to heck it’s this weekend. I think the best thing for him is what just happened. If I had a guess, I’d say he comes out and plays very well if he can go. I absolutely think healing and taking a breather was a good thing. He gives us the best chance to win big picture for sure but him not playing the Panthers was best, big picture, for sure.

(01-01-2024, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: This exactly!!! It was literally the next opponent on the schedule, the game we were all talking about what would be best for the Jags!!! Then they are wrong and start spinning and calling fans of the same team they root for clowns. I’m sensing some serious insecurities.

Post #1 in this thread you created says to shut Lawrence down for the season. If you're going to spin at least don't make the case against the easiest [BLEEP] post search on Earth.

He can’t remember that far back.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

https://twitter.com/dandgriffis/status/1...915L-t18Xg

Wonder why the offense looked a little smoother….

(01-01-2024, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/dandgriffis/status/1...915L-t18Xg

Level of competition can do wonders. Having Cam back I'm sure helped as well.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

So much angst for a team in a position to win their second straight division title.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-01-2024, 02:12 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: So much angst for a team in a position to win their second straight division title.

2nd year in a row win a winning record. 

On the other hand it is obvious that there are question marks around our franchise QB. The discussion's been ongoing the entire season why that is. 

Does anyone here really understand that Panthers defense is elite? It doesn't look like that from some comments. 

I'll just comment that all we know is that CJ did what he needed to do. Everything else is speculation.

(01-01-2024, 01:35 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/dandgriffis/status/1...915L-t18Xg

Level of competition can do wonders. Having Cam back I'm sure helped as well.

You say that but the panthers defense is top 10 and Brian burns is a good pass rusher. So I’ll take the performance as a positive development

(01-01-2024, 06:43 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 01:35 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Level of competition can do wonders. Having Cam back I'm sure helped as well.

You say that but the panthers defense is top 10 and Brian burns is a good pass rusher. So I’ll take the performance as a positive development

Burns is a good pass rusher, but he got hurt during the game yesterday. He did come back, but was visibly limping and trying to gut through it. Definitely had some effect on his performance.

They played a team with zero pass rush. It's not at all complicated.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-01-2024, 02:23 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 02:12 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: So much angst for a team in a position to win their second straight division title.

On the other hand it is obvious that there are question marks around our franchise QB. The discussion's been ongoing the entire season why that is. 

Does anyone here really understand that Panthers defense is elite? It doesn't look like that from some comments. 

I'll just comment that all we know is that CJ did what he needed to do. Everything else is speculation.

This needs some context. They are better than people would guess in pass defense but they are 30th in the league in terms of points allowed. It's not unfair to assume that teams are getting leads against them early and then turning to the run game to burn clock. They're a pretty bad team.

But the Jags are on the verge of winning a second straight division title. While there are reasons for concern, back to back division titles is nothing to sneeze at. A lot of us probably saddled this team with some overly optimistic expectations and it's the reason you see so much over the top dissatisfaction from so many fans and even the media now with the losing streak they had. Truth is, I'd like to see them get a better GM and rebuild the OL and DL from nearly the ground up but....assuming we win Sunday which we should, we'll be in the playoffs! Hey, anything can happen once you get to that point.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-01-2024, 02:23 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

No they aren't, they're 22nd against the pass and 21st against the run.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato