Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ the Savior?

(01-01-2024, 02:06 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's sure fun to see people who said playing the backup QB would be a disaster now try to deflect and redirect based on the outcome of the game. "Its Carolina, the defense won it, blah blah blah." The unfiltered truth is that the QB managed the game, didnt turn it over, and won. Something we havent managed to do in the 4 weeks prior. But keep on spinning, spin Docs.

It's not spin to say playing the worst team in football makes the game much easier.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 03:08 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-01-2024, 02:06 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's sure fun to see people who said playing the backup QB would be a disaster now try to deflect and redirect based on the outcome of the game. "Its Carolina, the defense won it, blah blah blah." The unfiltered truth is that the QB managed the game, didnt turn it over, and won. Something we havent managed to do in the 4 weeks prior. But keep on spinning, spin Docs.

There's no spin.. The Panthers are the worst team in the NFL.

The previous 4 games were against two teams who have clinched playoff spots. 1 of them happen to be the best team in the NFL and that Browns' Defense is as good as it gets.

The other two were playoff contending teams and our Defense completely [BLEEP] the bed against the Bengals. If the Defense even half way handles business in that game, we're chilling right now.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 03:18 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Both of you missed my point. People were saying it was a disaster to play CJ against the PANTHERS, that we couldnt win if we did so. Those are the people i am addressing. And now those people are spinning.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-01-2024, 03:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

There's no spin.. The Panthers are the worst team in the NFL.

The previous 4 games were against two teams who have clinched playoff spots. 1 of them happen to be the best team in the NFL and that Browns' Defense is as good as it gets.

The other two were playoff contending teams and our Defense completely [BLEEP] the bed against the Bengals. If the Defense even half way handles business in that game, we're chilling right now.
Trevor fanboy to the rescue.

It hurts to see that a backup played better than your boy huh?

(01-01-2024, 03:23 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 03:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote: There's no spin.. The Panthers are the worst team in the NFL.

Trevor fanboy to the rescue.

Dude if Lawrence threw for 175 and no TDs no picks all the Lawrence haters would have had a field day.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-01-2024, 03:42 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 03:23 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Trevor fanboy to the rescue.

Dude if Lawrence threw for 175 and no TDs no picks all the Lawrence haters would have had a field day.
175 with no TDs and  two picks.

Yes they sure will. Rightfully so.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 08:53 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-01-2024, 12:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh, you care a great deal. It's why you keep defending your bad takes months after the fact and try to stab TLaw every chance you get even now.

I'm not defending any takes, i'm reminding you dimentia daddys on what I said vs what has happened. 

And patiently awaiting NYC to pop up with that one screenshot where I said "how can you defend that trash"

(01-01-2024, 02:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

It's not spin to say playing the worst team in football makes the game much easier.

You mean like when the Broncos and Texans were two of the worst last year and we got beat because our offense couldn't score?

(12-31-2023, 09:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 09:20 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Said in an earlier thread that CJ starting could be a benefit as Press and Doug would be forced to change their game plan. Jumping out to a lead helped but we saw far more runs than we had been. More plays from under center. Saw some play action from under center.  I could be wring but it didn't feel like we were as horizontal as normal. Playing a bad carolina team obviously made everything easier.  But I hope we call the game similar next week no matter who starts.  Offense had gotten too stale and too predictable. And relied on Trevor having to do everything.  It is possible CJ made some safe 3rd down conversions trevor would have missed but it also felt like there were bigger plays not hit because trevor wasn't in there.
It's a soup of things.

CJ taking what the defense gave him today and the unflinching commitment to get Etienne involved was probably preached all week knowing Lawrence's injury situation.

Lawrence is guilty though of looking for the homerun plays way more frequently than taking the easy base hits to extend drives.

I think it's something he personally needs to invest himself with during the off season on film collectively because it has been a difference in some of these games.

Playing Carolina with a defense that stayed on them from the very first snap also helped. It's the worst team in football.

I think that's fair criticism of lawrence although that doesn't change my original point about how the coaching staff designed the gamelan. They flat out abandoned the run the prior three weeks even though the browns and ravens game were still close in the 4th quarter. But they stuck with it yesterday. Our ypc was awful until etienne broke the long td in the 2nd half. They need to continue this mindest even when lawrence comes back. It was different than what it had been of late. There were a lot of different looks. Actually ran it on short yardage at times. More traditional play action. Etc, etc...

Yes carolina isn't good and they didn't need the qb to make a play or carry the offense which I'm sure influenced the playcalling. And if we are going to make some noise in the playoffs we'll need the qb to play above the x's and o's of course. But maintaining balance and mixing up the looks will also be needed. And I think this game forced the coaching staff to do that.

(01-01-2024, 08:50 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 12:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh, you care a great deal. It's why you keep defending your bad takes months after the fact and try to stab TLaw every chance you get even now.

I'm not defending any takes, i'm reminding you dimentia daddys on what I said vs what has happened. 

And patiently awaiting NYC to pop up with that one screenshot where I said "how can you defend that trash"

(01-01-2024, 02:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's not spin to say playing the worst team in football makes the game much easier.

You mean like when the Broncos and Texans were two of the worst last year and we got beat because our offense couldn't score?

"I'm not defending my takes" followed by "defending my takes", lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-31-2023, 11:09 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 07:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, seeing as I DIDN’T use that logic…

Here.  I’ll make it simpler.  I don’t care who the [BLEEP] the QB, was the defense OBVIOUSLY won that game.

But going back to the OP original post for ‘context’ it would have been absolutely asinine to start Beathard even if Lawrence could go and ‘wait for next year’ to be OK.  

So I guess we wait for next year now to put Lawrence back in?

Context would be rolling out an obviously broken QB that needs to heal and take a breather as he needs to get right. It worked. I literally just said in this thread a few hours ago I hope to see Trevor next week. Relax man, it’s ok that CJ did well. Happy new year.

I am quite relaxed.  But you are the one that changed the ‘context’ AGAIN…right now.  The original post was what I responded to and you said we should let Lawrence rest until next year.   Or can you not see your original post?  It’s easy to be right ‘in context’ when the context keeps changing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 09:54 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-01-2024, 02:06 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's sure fun to see people who said playing the backup QB would be a disaster now try to deflect and redirect based on the outcome of the game. "It’s Carolina, the defense won it, blah blah blah." The unfiltered truth is that the QB managed the game, didnt turn it over, and won. Something we havent managed to do in the 4 weeks prior. But keep on spinning, spin Docs.
So the Jags lose that game with Trevor?

There are maybe 2 teams in the league the Jags could have beaten with a game plan like yesterday…. The Panthers are one of them. You trot out CJ against the Browns? Guess what happens?

(01-01-2024, 09:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 02:06 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's sure fun to see people who said playing the backup QB would be a disaster now try to deflect and redirect based on the outcome of the game. "It’s Carolina, the defense won it, blah blah blah." The unfiltered truth is that the QB managed the game, didnt turn it over, and won. Something we havent managed to do in the 4 weeks prior. But keep on spinning, spin Docs.
So the Jags lose that game with Trevor?

There are maybe 2 teams in the league the Jags could have beaten with a game plan like yesterday…. The Panthers aren’t one of them. Your out CJ against the Browns? Guess what happens?

If we played CJ against the Browns he wouldn't have lived to see the Ravens, much less the Bucs.

Did anyone not predict the trolls coming out if the team won with Beathard starting?

(01-01-2024, 03:17 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Both of you missed my point. People were saying it was a disaster to play CJ against the PANTHERS, that we couldnt win if we did so. Those are the people i am addressing. And now those people are spinning.

This exactly!!! It was literally the next opponent on the schedule, the game we were all talking about what would be best for the Jags!!! Then they are wrong and start spinning and calling fans of the same team they root for clowns. I’m sensing some serious insecurities.

(01-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 03:17 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Both of you missed my point. People were saying it was a disaster to play CJ against the PANTHERS, that we couldnt win if we did so. Those are the people i am addressing. And now those people are spinning.

This exactly!!! It was literally the next opponent on the schedule, the game we were all talking about what would be best for the Jags!!! Then they are wrong and start spinning and calling fans of the same team they root for clowns. I’m sensing some serious insecurities.

Post #1 in this thread you created says to shut Lawrence down for the season. If you're going to spin at least don't make the case against the easiest [BLEEP] post search on Earth.

(01-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:

Says the guy who said Trevor needs to see a psychologist…..

(01-01-2024, 03:57 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 03:42 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Dude if Lawrence threw for 175 and no TDs no picks all the Lawrence haters would have had a field day.
175 with no TDs and  two picks.

Yes they sure will. Rightfully so.

Nice strawman you made there.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-01-2024, 09:21 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 11:09 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Context would be rolling out an obviously broken QB that needs to heal and take a breather as he needs to get right. It worked. I literally just said in this thread a few hours ago I hope to see Trevor next week. Relax man, it’s ok that CJ did well. Happy new year.

I am quite relaxed.  But you are the one that changed the ‘context’ AGAIN…right now.  The original post was what I responded to and you said we should let Lawrence rest until next year.   Or can you not see your original post?  It’s easy to be right ‘in context’ when the context keeps changing.

So it’s obvious you just want to argue and not consider everything I wrote. Yes, I’m concerned Trevor is broken right now which is why I wanted to give CJ a shot. What happened is exactly what I was hoping for. Against the worst team in football. I’m worried Trevor needs an offseason but I’ve also seen his resiliency and recognize he can quickly pull himself out of a funk. The goal right now is Super Bowl. Simple, mistake free back up play won’t cut it, but it would against the panthers and probably the Titans. That said, the best chance this team has going forward is with Trevor. Here’s some more info for you. I love Trevor and think he will be great. I also know he’s young and still ascending and needed to sit against the Panthers and possibly against the Titans. Now with that said, I’d rather get him going this weekend to build some momentum going into the playoffs.

(01-01-2024, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: This exactly!!! It was literally the next opponent on the schedule, the game we were all talking about what would be best for the Jags!!! Then they are wrong and start spinning and calling fans of the same team they root for clowns. I’m sensing some serious insecurities.
Says the guy who said Trevor needs to see a psychologist…..

I did and I’m sure he’s talked to a sports psychologist. Most do. Is that a dig?

(01-01-2024, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: This exactly!!! It was literally the next opponent on the schedule, the game we were all talking about what would be best for the Jags!!! Then they are wrong and start spinning and calling fans of the same team they root for clowns. I’m sensing some serious insecurities.

Post #1 in this thread you created says to shut Lawrence down for the season. If you're going to spin at least don't make the case against the easiest [BLEEP] post search on Earth.

You are right I said that. Also said right after the win, before I got attacked because people can’t admit they were wrong, that i hope Trevor starts next week. Not spinning because all this nonsense hadn’t started yet. Yes I am worried Trevor may not be the same this year and need an offseason. No, I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl with CJ. I think it’s obvious to all Trevor is the superior QB . By far. But people on here seem to prefer to argue and call people names who root for the same team they do. It’s weird really and why I’m an in and out poster. Football isn’t my life but it is good entertainment.

Here’s another thought that doesn’t seemed to be grasped in this thread. I good offense that controls the clock and doesn’t turn the ball over significantly helps the defense. But that doesn’t fit the weird narrative you all can’t let go of.