Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug wont take over playcalling

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 04:27 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Doug thinks Press is the best playcaller in the world for this team and he will not take back play calling regardless of results.  Was asked today about this.  Starts at 13:36

https://www.youtube.com/live/SkOS_S3a68A...nlO6&t=816

He has officially retired as a play caller

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly at this point who cares… he better get ready for next year though

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 04:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-26-2023, 04:27 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Honestly at this point who cares… he better get ready for next year though

I care, if we win the next 2 games we win the division, we play the team with the worst record in the league and we play the tacks

I dont think the players will like what Doug is saying. He is saying its all on the players and the coaches are doing no wrong and is putting them in the best positions to succeed. I disagree with that

(12-26-2023, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 04:27 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Honestly at this point who cares… he better get ready for next year though

I care, if we win the next 2 games we win the division, we play the team with the worst record in the league and we play the tacks

I dont think the players will like what Doug is saying.  He is saying its all on the players and the coaches are doing no wrong and is putting them in the best positions to succeed.  I disagree with that

This has been my take as well, he's doing everything to protect Press and Caldwell and its going to cost him his job again. Maybe not this year but if this team starts out next year the same I'd be shocked if he makes it through the whole season.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(12-26-2023, 04:40 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I care, if we win the next 2 games we win the division, we play the team with the worst record in the league and we play the tacks

I dont think the players will like what Doug is saying.  He is saying its all on the players and the coaches are doing no wrong and is putting them in the best positions to succeed.  I disagree with that

This has been my take as well, he's doing everything to protect Press and Caldwell and its going to cost him his job again. Maybe not this year but if this team starts out next year the same I'd be shocked if he makes it through the whole season.

Doug is a great coach and one of the best imo.  But what makes him worse than what he even is, is his talent evalutaions/wanting his guys and picking subpar assistant coaches and not holding anyone accountable.

Very disconcerting for Pederson’s future here.

This is exactly what happened in Philly and why he was driven out despite a Super Bowl win.

(12-26-2023, 05:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Very disconcerting for Pederson’s future here.

This is exactly what happened in Philly and why he was driven out despite a Super Bowl win.

My only worry is I don't think Shad has the football knowledge to see what's happening, he's going to trust Doug and Trent.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(12-26-2023, 05:21 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Very disconcerting for Pederson’s future here.

My only worry is I don't think Shad has the football knowledge to see what's happening, he's going to trust Doug and Trent.

Baalke and Taylor have to go but I agree, I don’t think that’s happening. Players probably understand what’s going on so it’s a matter of time before the locker room atmosphere goes downhill. 

It’s amazing how negative things feel in spite of leading the division and having an inside track on winning it but that’s where we’re at.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-26-2023, 05:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:21 PM)Protozoa Wrote: My only worry is I don't think Shad has the football knowledge to see what's happening, he's going to trust Doug and Trent.

Baalke and Taylor have to go but I agree, I don’t think that’s happening. Players probably understand what’s going on so it’s a matter of time before the locker room atmosphere goes downhill. 

It’s amazing how negative things feel in spite of leading the division and having an inside track on winning it but that’s where we’re at.

We havent won a game in over a month.  If we started off slow and have won 4 in a row and just took the division lead it would feel much different.  We are playing our worst football of the season, its the opposite from last year.

OH geez, what nonsense. Why can't you people get it through your heads that Pederson sees Taylor running the offense the way he wants and the players aren't doing their part? Quit bliaming the coaches for bad players and start blaimng the GM like you should.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2023, 05:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: OH geez, what nonsense. Why can't you people get it through your heads that Pederson sees Taylor running the offense the way he wants and the players aren't doing their part? Quit bliaming the coaches for bad players and start blaimng the GM like you should.

the bold is likely true or he'd be intervening IMO

When the all-22 comes out on the last game it will be interesting to look back and see how each drive failed.
Odds are none of those failures had much, if anything to do with play calling.

(12-26-2023, 05:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: OH geez, what nonsense. Why can't you people get it through your heads that Pederson sees Taylor running the offense the way he wants and the players aren't doing their part? Quit bliaming the coaches for bad players and start blaimng the GM like you should.

You need to get it in your head that its both.  Its not one or the other.  There are multiple reasons this team is playing like the worst team in football right now. Im sorry to bust your bubble but these coaches arent calling perfect games and can do better on their part as well.

(12-26-2023, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

You need to get it in your head that its both.  Its not one or the other.  There are multiple reasons this team is playing like the worst team in football right now. Im sorry to bust your bubble but these coaches arent calling perfect games and can do better on their part as well.

Lol, yeah, Taylor misses blocks, makes bad line checks and drops passes. Low IQ fans with their idiocy. The players are not good enough, the line is killing any chance this team has to be upper echelon and no coach can make that better. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken [BLEEP] and what we have between the tackles is exactly that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2023, 05:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You need to get it in your head that its both.  Its not one or the other.  There are multiple reasons this team is playing like the worst team in football right now. Im sorry to bust your bubble but these coaches arent calling perfect games and can do better on their part as well.

Lol, yeah, Taylor misses blocks, makes bad line checks and drops passes. Low IQ fans with their idiocy. The players are not good enough, the line is killing any chance this team has to be upper echelon and no coach can make that better. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken [BLEEP] and what we have between the tackles is exactly that.

You are cluless as usuall and its comical you think Press is calling perfect games lol.  Its all on the oline and you want Little at LT and want to resign Cleveland who probably had the worst game out of anyone on the oline, and Scherff had a decent game.  There is a reason we have been shut out in the first half in back to back games, and play calling is one of them.  Its comical you think Press is a great play caller lol

(12-26-2023, 05:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, yeah, Taylor misses blocks, makes bad line checks and drops passes. Low IQ fans with their idiocy. The players are not good enough, the line is killing any chance this team has to be upper echelon and no coach can make that better. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken [BLEEP] and what we have between the tackles is exactly that.

You are cluless as usuall and its comical you think Press is calling perfect games lol.  Its all on the oline and you want Little at LT and want to resign Cleveland who probably had the worst game out of anyone on the oline, and Scherff had a decent game.  There is a reason we have been shut out in the first half in back to back games, and play calling is one of them.  Its comical you think Press is a great play caller lol

Press is probably a mid tier play caller, and I've seen no one say he was great, but play calling is probably a distant 6th on the list of things wrong with this offense.

(12-26-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You are cluless as usuall and its comical you think Press is calling perfect games lol.  Its all on the oline and you want Little at LT and want to resign Cleveland who probably had the worst game out of anyone on the oline, and Scherff had a decent game.  There is a reason we have been shut out in the first half in back to back games, and play calling is one of them.  Its comical you think Press is a great play caller lol

Press is probably a mid tier play caller, and I've seen no one say he was great, but play calling is probably a distant 6th on the list of things wrong with this offense.

Mid tier isnt good enough for this team, we dont need a mid tier play caller calling plays for a team thats fighting to make the playoffs in the last few weeks.  We need the best play caller we have calling the plays.  We need to do anything we can to improve and help the team.  Its common sense imo.  If there is anything you can do to improve on any aspect you do it.  Just like if there is a player on the bench that can come in a improve one spot on the team you do it.  I think Shatley could improve the center posiiton if even if its by a little.

(12-26-2023, 05:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

the bold is likely true or he'd be intervening IMO

When the all-22 comes out on the last game it will be interesting to look back and see how each drive failed.

The dumb as rocks reverse to Ridley call was a drive killer. Why, when this offense was finally performing a drive, they decided to go with a play that starts ten yards behind the LOS, is beyond me

(12-26-2023, 06:03 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: the bold is likely true or he'd be intervening IMO

The dumb as rocks reverse to Ridley call was a drive killer. Why, when this offense was finally performing a drive, they decided to go with a play that starts ten yards behind the LOS, is beyond me

A. It works about half the time.
B. It's about the best running play they have because of the weakness in the center.

(12-26-2023, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Press is probably a mid tier play caller, and I've seen no one say he was great, but play calling is probably a distant 6th on the list of things wrong with this offense.

Mid tier isnt good enough for this team, we dont need a mid tier play caller calling plays for a team thats fighting to make the playoffs in the last few weeks.  We need the best play caller we have calling the plays.  We need to do anything we can to improve and help the team.  Its common sense imo.  If there is anything you can do to improve on any aspect you do it.  Just like if there is a player on the bench that can come in a improve one spot on the team you do it.  I think Shatley could improve the center posiiton if even if its by a little.

Great. Mid. Poor. Irrelevant when the players can't run basic offensive play. Taylor is good enough and diverting all this attention onto his play calls only obfuscates the real problem. Crimeny, when did I become Olinematters?

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 06:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-26-2023, 06:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:03 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: The dumb as rocks reverse to Ridley call was a drive killer. Why, when this offense was finally performing a drive, they decided to go with a play that starts ten yards behind the LOS, is beyond me

A. It works about half the time.
B. It's about the best running play they have because of the weakness in the center.

(12-26-2023, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mid tier isnt good enough for this team, we dont need a mid tier play caller calling plays for a team thats fighting to make the playoffs in the last few weeks.  We need the best play caller we have calling the plays.  We need to do anything we can to improve and help the team.  Its common sense imo.  If there is anything you can do to improve on any aspect you do it.  Just like if there is a player on the bench that can come in a improve one spot on the team you do it.  I think Shatley could improve the center posiiton if even if its by a little.

Great. Mid. Poor. Irrelevant when the players can't run basic offensive play. Taylor is good enough and diverting all this attention onto his play calls only obfuscates the real problem. Crimeny, when did I become Olinematters?

You think Press is a better play caller than Doug?

(12-26-2023, 05:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: the bold is likely true or he'd be intervening IMO

There are tons of examples.

I'll analyze every drive ending play or drive killing play when the all 22 is up and post gifs
I'd still wager most drives were killed by mistakes from players or players getting abused by defenders. 

While I get your point on the reverse play - it was likely one OL player getting beaten that kept the play from succeeding. 

You must realize by now that they've already torn out page after page from the playbook that are unusable due to bad OL play. They aren't going to get rid of all of them - especially plays that attempt to cheat a fast player into space with misdirection - they kind-of HAVE to leave stuff like that in the mix to have a chance right now. 

You can say "but those plays haven't been working" but literally NOTHING has been working, LOL.