Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug wont take over playcalling

(12-27-2023, 04:17 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 04:13 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Sure, but one of the things that makes Reid such an amazing coach is the fact that he calls his own plays and there isn't anyone that's going to run his playbook better than him.

If you didn't want the head coach calling the plays, are you saying you'd have been perfectly fine with a defensive minded head coach?

I wouldn't even waste my keystrokes on homers like him.

The teal drank is strong

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-27-2023, 03:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 03:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That isn't why I wanted him. I wanted him as a successful branch of the Reid tree with a Super Bowl to his credit. I didn't want him to be the OC, I wanted the head coach.

Even Mike McCarthy calls his own place. It’s like Superman not using his flying skills. Haha 

Jokes aside, we wouldn’t be questioning him not being the play caller as much if there was some confidence in the current one. He might be a nice guy, but he doesn’t appear ready for prime time. I’m sure he’s good at preparing players maybe and game planning maybe but not calling plays.

Mike McCarthy had a similiar approach last year in Dallas and it failed, he went back to looking like a good coach once he got back to calling plays.

(12-27-2023, 04:25 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 03:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Even Mike McCarthy calls his own place. It’s like Superman not using his flying skills. Haha 

Jokes aside, we wouldn’t be questioning him not being the play caller as much if there was some confidence in the current one. He might be a nice guy, but he doesn’t appear ready for prime time. I’m sure he’s good at preparing players maybe and game planning maybe but not calling plays.

Mike McCarthy had a similiar approach last year in Dallas and it failed, he went back to looking like a good coach once he got back to calling plays.

Yep, and he got rid of his offensive coordinator who went to the chargers. Then McCarthy took an amazing action. He started to do what he’s good at. He began to call his own plays using his years of experience and excellence.

(12-27-2023, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/meathead55/status/17...Ie5OPeqkhg

You can do this for any of the bad teams really.  The bad teams are bad because they aren't making their plays, mental errors, turning the ball over etc.

(12-27-2023, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/meathead55/status/17...Ie5OPeqkhg

Freaking homers. You ain't smart like the Mustache.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 06:01 PM by Shad Khans Mustache.)

(12-27-2023, 05:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Freaking homers. You ain't smart like the Mustache.

But here we are questioning him. Sorry you hold coaches to such low standards.

(12-27-2023, 04:50 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 04:25 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Mike McCarthy had a similiar approach last year in Dallas and it failed, he went back to looking like a good coach once he got back to calling plays.

Yep, and he got rid of his offensive coordinator who went to the chargers. Then McCarthy took an amazing action. He started to do what he’s good at. He began to call his own plays using his years of experience and excellence.
Too much info for homers on here thats drunk off last years mediocre success.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 06:24 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

While I do generally agree with this, there are some really questionable playcalls that makes me think Press Taylor plays too much madden.

Also, while I do like having a semi-aggressive coach like Doug, I think some of his decisions to go for it/kick a fg (both ways) have been mediocre, same with going for 2 when it's really not needed.

(12-27-2023, 06:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

While I do generally agree with this, there are some really questionable playcalls that makes me think Press Taylor plays too much madden.

Also, while I do like having a semi-aggressive coach like Doug, I think some of his decisions to go for it/kick a fg (both ways) have been mediocre, same with going for 2 when it's really not needed.

It’s definitely smart to take easy points when your offense is struggling. Also, the reverse play has killed momentum in key spots leaving the jags with a big loss of yardage which this offense can’t make up. Too many predictable calls unlike last season. Too many screens that don’t work. Nobody blocks right. Stop calling them and call something your team is better at.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 07:20 PM by Caldrac.)

https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...54euQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Etienne's numbers before and after the bye week are staggering. The only thing that changed was some injuries on offense combined with facing tougher opponents, especially tougher opponents defensively.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 07:28 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(12-27-2023, 06:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 06:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: While I do generally agree with this, there are some really questionable playcalls that makes me think Press Taylor plays too much madden.

It’s definitely smart to take easy points when your offense is struggling. Also, the reverse play has killed momentum in key spots leaving the jags with a big loss of yardage which this offense can’t make up. Too many predictable calls unlike last season. Too many screens that don’t work. Nobody blocks right. Stop calling them and call something your team is better at.

Right, It's like why are we going for it on 4th in easy FG range when we have a lead for example, like I get it if the offense is rolling and you're feeling it but that's rarely the case.

(12-27-2023, 07:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...54euQ&s=19

Etienne's numbers before and after the bye week are staggering. The only thing that changed was some injuries on offense combined with facing tougher opponents, especially tougher opponents defensively.

Just goes to show how weak our O line has been this year, ETN was averaging nearly 5 YPC for the majority of last season. Dude can't get out of the backfield without being touched this year.

(12-27-2023, 05:58 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 05:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Freaking homers. You ain't smart like the Mustache.

But here we are questioning him. Sorry you hold coaches to such low standards.

(12-27-2023, 04:50 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yep, and he got rid of his offensive coordinator who went to the chargers. Then McCarthy took an amazing action. He started to do what he’s good at. He began to call his own plays using his years of experience and excellence.
Too much info for homers on here thats drunk off last years mediocre success.

Lol. You're either a troll or an idiot. Or both. Compared to where we've been the last 15 years or so, last year was meteoric success. I still consider 2017 to be a glitch in the Matrix.

(12-27-2023, 06:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 06:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: While I do generally agree with this, there are some really questionable playcalls that makes me think Press Taylor plays too much madden.

Yeah, I agree.  They need to stop calling plays that require blocking.