Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug wont take over playcalling

My issue is that the whole reason I wanted Doug was because he was an offensive-minded coach who was going to call his own plays. He's far less attractive to me if he's not doing that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2023, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Press is probably a mid tier play caller, and I've seen no one say he was great, but play calling is probably a distant 6th on the list of things wrong with this offense.

Mid tier isnt good enough for this team, we dont need a mid tier play caller calling plays for a team thats fighting to make the playoffs in the last few weeks.  We need the best play caller we have calling the plays.  We need to do anything we can to improve and help the team.  Its common sense imo.  If there is anything you can do to improve on any aspect you do it.  Just like if there is a player on the bench that can come in a improve one spot on the team you do it.  I think Shatley could improve the center posiiton if even if its by a little.

Shatley's play at LG was abysmal.  If we saw anything this year as bad as Fortner it was Bartch and Shatley.
I don't have much interest in an experiment win finding out which player is terrible.A.1 and which player is terrible.A.2

The rest of your post is just spectacularly missing the point.

(12-26-2023, 06:17 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: My issue is that the whole reason I wanted Doug was because he was an offensive-minded coach who was going to call his own plays. He's far less attractive to me if he's not doing that.

Thats is one of the biggest things that makes him a great coach.

(12-26-2023, 06:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A. It works about half the time.
B. It's about the best running play they have because of the weakness in the center.

Great. Mid. Poor. Irrelevant when the players can't run basic offensive play. Taylor is good enough and diverting all this attention onto his play calls only obfuscates the real problem. Crimeny, when did I become Olinematters?

You think Press is a better play caller than Doug?

(12-26-2023, 06:03 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: The dumb as rocks reverse to Ridley call was a drive killer. Why, when this offense was finally performing a drive, they decided to go with a play that starts ten yards behind the LOS, is beyond me

There are tons of examples. 

I think Doug calling plays wouldn't make what we see on the field any better because it's HIS offense. If he's not happy with how Taylor is calling it you really think he wouldn't step in? Do you think he has no say? Do you think Pederson calling plays makes Fortner a rock in the middle or makes Ridley catch those drops or Lawrence not check to plays that you don't like? Nah, you guys are caught up in video game football where the people not on the field have the controls. In the real world your center getting dumped on his [BLEEP] play after play after play means the team doesn't win.

(12-26-2023, 06:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mid tier isnt good enough for this team, we dont need a mid tier play caller calling plays for a team thats fighting to make the playoffs in the last few weeks.  We need the best play caller we have calling the plays.  We need to do anything we can to improve and help the team.  Its common sense imo.  If there is anything you can do to improve on any aspect you do it.  Just like if there is a player on the bench that can come in a improve one spot on the team you do it.  I think Shatley could improve the center posiiton if even if its by a little.

Shatley's play at LG was abysmal.  If we saw anything this year as bad as Fortner it was Bartch and Shatley.
I don't have much interest in an experiment win finding out which player is terrible.A.1 and which player is terrible.A.2

Shatley was never great, but he was solid in the past. I think the preseason heart concern and age pushed him right over the hill this year. Just another unforseen failure to meet expectation creating an unfillable gap in the roster.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2023, 06:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mid tier isnt good enough for this team, we dont need a mid tier play caller calling plays for a team thats fighting to make the playoffs in the last few weeks.  We need the best play caller we have calling the plays.  We need to do anything we can to improve and help the team.  Its common sense imo.  If there is anything you can do to improve on any aspect you do it.  Just like if there is a player on the bench that can come in a improve one spot on the team you do it.  I think Shatley could improve the center posiiton if even if its by a little.

Shatley isnt a G, hes a C.  Hes been a back up C here is whole career until we drafted Fortner.  Maybe try playing him at the position hes played his whole career.  He used to come in every year a number of games when Linder went down and was a decent backup.  Was always better than what we have seen from Fortner week in and week out.

(12-26-2023, 06:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shatley's play at LG was abysmal.  If we saw anything this year as bad as Fortner it was Bartch and Shatley.

Shatley isnt a G, hes a C.  Hes been a back up C here is whole career until we drafted Fortner.  Maybe try playing him at the position hes played his whole career.  He used to come in every year a number of games when Linder went down and was a decent backup.  Was always better than what we have seen from Fortner week in and week out.

LOL

Bro, it a'int gonna matter. He's done. He's really bad and he's done.

(12-26-2023, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Shatley isnt a G, hes a C.  Hes been a back up C here is whole career until we drafted Fortner.  Maybe try playing him at the position hes played his whole career.  He used to come in every year a number of games when Linder went down and was a decent backup.  Was always better than what we have seen from Fortner week in and week out.

LOL

You have zero clue if it would make a difference or not.  Im 100% sure Fortner isnt the answer there and a huge liability.  I have seen Shatley there before and he has been a better center that what I have seen from Fortner.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 06:39 PM by carp8dm.)

Who Pederson - bruh just on paid vaca

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 06:48 PM by carp8dm.)

(12-26-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You are cluless as usuall and its comical you think Press is calling perfect games lol.  Its all on the oline and you want Little at LT and want to resign Cleveland who probably had the worst game out of anyone on the oline, and Scherff had a decent game.  There is a reason we have been shut out in the first half in back to back games, and play calling is one of them.  Its comical you think Press is a great play caller lol

Press is probably a mid tier play caller, and I've seen no one say he was great, but play calling is probably a distant 6th on the list of things wrong with this offense.

Based on these two takes, we should have just held on to Urban Meyer.

The team is under performing in every aspect.  This team is not talent deficient.  This team has enough talent to beat Tampa, instead we got the doors blown off.

But yeah, let's blame everyone but the coaches....  Same as it ever was.  

Maybe we should expect more from a coaching staff?  I don't know...  It would be nice to have a coaching staff that understands the players and how best to use them.  Or we could just keep running the same plan over and over week after week.

I remember when certain posters here that are defending Press and Who Pederson were in love with Mike Mularkey for enforcing a rule where helmets MUST BE OFF during the National Anthem.

Mularkey was the answer!!!!  

No matter how much we change players, if the coaches aren't doing work, this team will always be mediocre and disappointing.  You gotta hold coaches accountable.

Pederson is like, "Naw, I'm good.  I got a SB ring, so I'm set"

We shouldn't be so small minded to think that's acceptable.  It's not.

(12-26-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Press is probably a mid tier play caller, and I've seen no one say he was great, but play calling is probably a distant 6th on the list of things wrong with this offense.

The team is under performing in every aspect.  This team is not talent deficient.  This team has enough talent to beat Tampa, instead we got the doors blown off.

Maybe we should expect more from a coaching staff?  I don't know...  It would be nice to have a coaching staff that understands the players and how best to use them.  Or we could just keep running the same plan over and over week after week.

I remember when certain posters here that are defending Press and Who Pederson were in love with Mike Mularkey for enforcing a rule where helmets MUST BE OFF during the National Anthem.

No matter how much we change players, if the coaches aren't doing work, this team will always be mediocre and disappointing.  You gotta hold coaches accountable.

Do you know who is supposed to have these players ready to play week in and week out?

(12-26-2023, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

You have zero clue if it would make a difference or not.  Im 100% sure Fortner isnt the answer there and a huge liability.  I have seen Shatley there before and he has been a better center that what I have seen from Fortner.

Nah

I watched and rewatched Shatley's play from last year and this year. 

He sucks. 

Adding the responsibility of snapping the ball is not going to help him at all.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 07:11 PM by carp8dm.)

(12-26-2023, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Based on these two takes, we should have just held on to Urban Meyer.

Do you know who is supposed to have these players ready to play week in and week out?

The coaches?

(12-26-2023, 07:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You have zero clue if it would make a difference or not.  Im 100% sure Fortner isnt the answer there and a huge liability.  I have seen Shatley there before and he has been a better center that what I have seen from Fortner.

Nah

He sucks. 

Uche was not a fan of Shatley's last year.  Putting him at center would be like loading up extra weight on a F150 that has already blown out it's axles.

(12-26-2023, 07:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You have zero clue if it would make a difference or not.  Im 100% sure Fortner isnt the answer there and a huge liability.  I have seen Shatley there before and he has been a better center that what I have seen from Fortner.

Nah

He sucks. 

He was a guard last year as well.  Hes a center not a guard.  A player playing out of position can absolutely make a difference on their play.  Put him in his natural element and see how he does.

(12-26-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

LOL

If you could string three [BLEEP] words together that made a lick of sense, I might address you.

(12-26-2023, 07:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 07:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah

He sucks. 

He was a guard last year as well.  Hes a center not a guard.  A player playing out of position can absolutely make a difference on their play.  Put him in his natural element and see how he does.

Dude - it is not going to help him. You are just giving him MORE work to do.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2023, 07:31 PM by carp8dm.)

(12-26-2023, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Based on these two takes, we should have just held on to Urban Meyer.

LOL

If you could string three [BLEEP] words together that made a lick of sense, I might address you.

(12-26-2023, 07:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was a guard last year as well.  Hes a center not a guard.  A player playing out of position can absolutely make a difference on their play.  Put him in his natural element and see how he does.

Dude - it is not going to help him. You are just giving him MORE work to do.

That's totally fair.  Are you dyslexic?  Or is it that your IQ level is that of Forrest Gump?  Do you need me to slow down what I'm saying and man-splain to you?

Let me know, and I'll dumb it down to your level.  

I'm here for you.

(12-26-2023, 07:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 07:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah

He sucks. 

He's been playing guard for 2 years for us now.  We're not moving him to Center.  Sorry if you think that would help anything.  

As I said to NYC4Jags, he's having a hard time at guard.  Why would you think putting him at Center is going to make him perform better??  I think that's just wishfull thinking.

He’s super stubborn. Maybe it’s too much responsibility for him to call the plays. He’s way too married to press.

Personally, I don't care what the problem is..

Just [BLEEP] fix it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Backing in or going in the front door, once you get a ticket to the dance, you just have to dance and see 8f you can be the last one dancing.

He’s not protecting Press, by doing this. He’s protecting himself.

Doug Pederson gets a good rep throughout the league because he won a SB.

Just like how Ken Whisenhunt few years ago kept getting HC chances because of his success in Arizona under Kurt Warner.